The 2009-2010 NBA Regular Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by CIA, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree with you on that by the way. LeBron gets 90% of his assists because he's tripple teamed and everyone is open.

2. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Well, Lakers and OKC are now locked up in the first round after last night's results. Durant's going to get a lot of whistles, so prepare yourselves for 5-6 games of Shakepeare-quality theatrics from Phil Jackson.

The rest of the West is still jumbled, but Portland locks up the 6 seed with a win against GSW tonight and Dallas will earn the 2 seed by beating SA in Dallas.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Nash is overrated in that he did not deserve to win an MVP, let alone two.

But I still rate him very highly as a point guard. His shoddy defending is why I'd always rank Williams ahead of him in any point guard discussion though.

And it looks like Russel Westbrook chose the worst possible time to go into a slump. If he doesn't contribute, the Lakers will sweep that series, even in their current funk.

4. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well I'll be going to the Magic Bobcats game sunday. Should be pretty awesome. :)

5. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Well, in terms of one v. one defending, Nash plays no defense at all, so I'm not sure we can even call it "shoddy."

I also had a problem with both of his MVP trophies. Off the top of my head, Duncan and Bryant were better players from '04-'06 and I'm sure I could come up with a few more. Of course, the MVP award doesn't really work that way.

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I've always thought they should have a BPA (Best Player Award) in addition to the MVP. The two are clearly not the same. Let the players vote for it or something. Nash wouldn't get one vote in 2006. Also they should change the Finals MVP to Playoff MVP. I think it's idiotic that Parker got the Finals MVP when Duncan clearly carried them up until that point.

7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Are the Celtics really in enough of a funk for Dwayne Wade to knock 'em out in the first round?

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not a chance.

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Would be pretty sad if that happened.

10. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    The better question, is where will the Celtics go for their early vacations? ;)

11. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Would it shock anyone if they made the Finals? It wouldn't shock me. They're obviously tired of the regular season. They're too old and too unfit to bother. Now is when it gets interesting. It wouldn't be a shock if they win the East in my opinion. They certainly got the talent.

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The end of Ubuntu?

13. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I will be shocked if they make it past the young and quick Miami team. I do not think they can keep up with Miami's defense if Miami plays the way they have lately.
    I see Miami winning one in Boston and then winning the rest of their Home games to get through to the East Semis, where Miami will lose to the Cavs.

14. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Okay, these games are tonight (not last night) and there is still a lot to be decided.

I see Dallas winning and locking up the 2 seed, which will allow Portland to rest some players as the GS game will then be meaningless (they tip off 2 hours after Dallas/San Antonio).

Phoenix/Utah will be interesting as the winner locks in the 3 seed. But I'm not so sure either team wouldn't prefer to stay in the 4 spot for the right to host an abysmally stupid Denver squad that gets worse every night.

And Chicago is the 8 seed in the East with a win against Charlotte. With a little luck, I think they might push the Cavs to 7.

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'll be surprised if Miami win more then a game.

16. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    and maybe I'm just biased ;)

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You are aware that Celts won the season series 3-0?

18. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Well, the Heat will have by far the best player on the floor in the Celtics series.

After that though....

19. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I know, can't a fan have hope.?:eek:

20. El Pitudo

El Pitudo New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hawks will somehow upset Orlando and Boston will upset Cleveland and in the ECF..We all know how much the Hawks pwn the elderly Celtics. :cool:

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I've already told you guys Atlanta will come out of the East. Like two months ago. I own that pick.

22. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Now that the regular season is officially over, we can move on to the playoffs.