The 2007/08 Pavon of the Match Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by REALFOREVER, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To make it even worse, Schuster said Robinho and Drenthe understand each other very well, because they both have a very similar character.That's two influenced players! :eek:

Before you know it Drenthe will be Emerson. :p:D

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You're late 4x4s :(

Drenthe IS the new Emerson. I've also seen Robinho joking around with Ramos and Sneijder, lets pray he doesn't turn them into Pavon and Gravesen. :mad:

3. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Espanyol Match :

1. Jose Maria Gutierrez Hernandez

2. Royston Drenthe

---

Special mentions go to Raul, Higuain, Van Nistelrooy and special consolation award to Fabio Cannavaro.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Drenthe was on for 15 minutes, surely you jest or you just don't like him. :rolleyes:

Anyways

GUTI
    GUTI
    GUTI

There were others like Sneijder, Higuain, etc.. but Guti's attitude wins the fecking race.

5. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    1. Guuuutiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 10 points. A perfect lesson of how a midfielder musn't play.

6. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, its that ugly ponytail ;)

and he played for 30 minutes. For Higuain, he made a few good crosses, and a couple of nice runs but I watched until 88 minutes before I shut the TV off and Drenthe did next to nothing. Maybe its just me getting frustrated at a guy doing stepovers when you're 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go, but Drenthe gets into my PoTM list.

I agree :mad:

BTW, I'd like to see the overall standings. I'm sure our blond haired Zidane is doing quite alright. Also its strange that this man has been churning out one woeful performance after the other after the last international break, yet he gets an assist almost every game and he's keeping me on top in the RMBS Fantasy league :confused:

7. Mido Madrid

Mido Madrid Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Mississauga, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    1. Guti1. Guti1. Guti1. Guti1. Guti1. Guti1. Guti1. Guti1. Guti1. Guti
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh if nothing but for that ********ing smile

8. caballero del Honor

Sep 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid CF v. Espanyol

2 pts. Sneijder

1pt. Higuain

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, he is getting hated on a bit too much. There were at least a few much more deserving of a vote, come on.

10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you on this whole post.

11. Luisinho_Madrid

Luisinho_Madrid New Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Florida
  12. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    1. Guti
    2. Guti
    3. Guti

They better break the bank to get Cesc next summer.

13. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It seems that Guti isn't inconsistent anymore.
    Now he sucks every match :D

ps: just a joke. I didn't even watch the game.

14. Luisinho_Madrid

Aug 11, 2007
    Florida
    hes had maybe a game and a half that was good this season ;l shame really

15. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
  16. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    vs Espanyol:
    Guti
    Sneijder
    Higuain

closely followed by Raul, RVN, Cannavaro, Metzelder, Casillas, and Schuster.

17. theU

theU Member

Jun 20, 2007
    guti
    guti
    guti
    and for safe measure...guti

18. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    1. Sneijder
    2. Guti

I find it unfair to blame one player for such a comprehensive display of sucking. Credit where credit is due.

19. bigjerry

bigjerry New Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Guti.

I said it before, players may have a bad day, but it's the attitude that matters more than anything.

20. eftekhari

eftekhari New Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Guti
    Sneijder
    Diarra

21. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I thought Sneijder and sub Drenthe(what a waste of money)looked by far much worse than Guti.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guti didn't care about playing any better than he did.Drenthe came on excited with an agressive mood to change things, but by then the midfield had already quit the game, and Espanyol where calmly in control of his blind fury.

Sneijder is not a winger.He is a central midfielder.That's an extra excuse.Guti doesn't have no excuses.He has boatloads more experience than Sneijder, and is playing in the "i can be teh brain" position he said he wanted to be during the summer, while casually playing table tennis for the newspaper covers.

If the team is losing and he thinks it's funny to send free kicks to outerspace, then Guti should take Dorothy and click his red heels three times and fly to the Wizard of oz.

After a while, i thought they where showing his red shoes all the time to make fun of him, and the way he was playing.

I think putting two players with a guitar in the middle of the field on a park bench getting drunk and throwing beer bottles around the center of the pitch would express more passion than Guti did.

Like i said before, i don't mind a player losing the ball as long as he is showing some effort.Guti shows no effort which is even worse.

23. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think there was a huge difference between the Guti of last night and the Guti of last season, against Bayern, or against Sevilla or Zaragoza when we needed to draw/win at all costs. He had that glint in his eye and he'd put his body on the line, run, tackle and do everything with such ease. I knew how it was going to go down right from minute one, when Guti got the ball, passed it SQUARE straight to their attacker, then got it again, and passed it back in exactly the same way. He needs a real kick up the backside for the next game.

I'd have Gago and Diarra starting in midfield, with Sneijder ahead of them, and Raul Robinho and Ruud the 3 forward men.

24. Luisinho_Madrid

Aug 11, 2007
    Florida
    guti for super sub role tbh.

25. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    That's what some of us have been trying to point since the beginning, Schuster needs to understand that Sneijder is not a winger nor is he a true playmaker. He's at best a CM to partner Diarra.