Thanks to Marcus Myrick - Rapids Employee

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by gilmoreaz, Aug 17, 2006.

1. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    I don't normally do this, but there is a Rapids employee that deserves special recognition in my opinion...

I wanted to take a moment and publicly thank Marcus Myrick who works for the Colorado Rapids. My son's U-10 team travelled up to Denver last week for the Rapids games vs. Real Salt Lake (Or, Fake Salt Lake which you guys call them - Awesome name by the way!) and the LA Galaxy.

Marcus went above and beyond to create an unbeliveable experience for our 9 year-old boys.

I don't know any of you reading this, but next time you see Marcus, give him a pat on the back for us on a job well done!

Thanks again Marcus and we look forward to seeing you again next summer!

CCV Stars '97 Black
    Peoria, Arizona

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marcus reads this and I know many Rapids fans echo your feelings. He's been the best sales rep I've had.

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me also thank Marcus for working with us on the Rocky Mountain Cup. It was his idea to have the Cup lead the teams out at the two RMC games in Denver this year.

4. manowarfan1

manowarfan1 New Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Colorado, USA
    I dont know if Marcus is considered a sales rep or what his official title is - but I do know that he is by far the most positive force going for the Rapids (besides all you loonies out in Lot C). He's a fan of the game, and the team and his enthusiasm and energy always come through.

Cheers Marcus,
    Jeff

5. Love Football

Love Football Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Longmont, Co
    He's the man! There hasn't been a match yet that he hasn't come by to check on the CVI section! The Rapids are great of course, but where would we be (or sit) without Marcus? Definately a great asset to the club.

GO Marcus!!! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Gilmoreaz, I'm glad you guys had a great time, wish the game would have been a better one (like normal matches!). And, thanks for the shout for Marcus.

Tina, Dave & Eric

6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marcus is a great guy and very helpful.

I just hope no one cried when RSL smoked CO 4-1 (couldn't resist). ;)

7. Love Football

Love Football Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Longmont, Co
    I cried, but it won't happen again! :)

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saturday, September 2, 2007
    Mark it down. ;)

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No crying here, there was a guilty pleasure of looking forward to raising the Rocky Mountain Cup on the turf at RES again. Would have been better to do it at home, but seeing all the dissapointed FSL fans' faces will be worth it.

10. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    This forum (me included) rag on the FO on a fairly consistent basis. It's only fair to point out the good things as well. I've only had the pleasure of speaking with Marcus a few times but I have to concur with the others he is a friend of fans and represents KSE well.

Thank you Marcus for your help with gilmoreaz and for your help with the various Rapids supporters groups.

11. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Marcus has always been great. There really isn't anyone else I want to work with when it comes to my season tickets.

12. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    eh - he's O-kaaaayyy ;)

No - Marcus is the FO advocate of Class VI - and without him - it wouldn't have happend.

Not only is he a great ticket rep - but he's a very good guy too. He doesn't even get too upset when I flip him the bird while he's on the field.

13. DrGuinness

DrGuinness Home & Abroad

Apr 8, 2005
    Greeley, CO
    I have his business card hanging in my cube.

14. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What, his cell phone number isn't in your speed dial? Rookie.

:) J/k.

15. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay, a positive anecdote about the Rapids FO.

16. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, RSL's morale must be pretty low for you to be looking forward to a win next year. Me, I'm looking forward to the Rapids' win on September 2, 2006. ;)

17. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    I want to add my thanks to Marcus. It is great when a rep isn't just a rep but also foaming at the mouth fan. Marcus can attest to the fact that I have e-mailed him about a million different things and he always responded and usually right away. He is a great guy, a great fan, and I just wish he was the owner of the Rapids. We might finally be able to see all the matches televised.:D

18. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Good to see Marcus getting the recognition he deserves. He's been very helpful to many of us and deserves the recognition for it.

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :(
    Got me! However I look forward to wins on both dates (if possible).

On topic: Go Marcus!

20. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marcus has always done an excellent job as a ticket rep, but what's more important to me is the way he works with us on Centennial Firm stuff. His brain is always going. As he says, the organization couldn't possibly be paying him enough, because in some sense he's always working, trying to come up with ideas and find a way to strengthen and boost the organization. He comes up with a lot of innovative ideas, he is a communicator and a diplomat, and he isn't afraid to risk sticking his neck out for a high-payoff. And as others have said, as if all that weren't enough, he's also just a great guy. Positive outlook, sharp, well-spoken, good sense of humor... Marcus rocks!

21. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    Are you guys infatuated with Marcus or what? How about giving him a rim job?

22. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, because recognizing someone who has gone above and beyond for you is the first sign of wanting to perform a sexual act on them. :rolleyes:

23. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I'd rather not requote the troll, I'd say that post was cardable...

24. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    careful guys don't heap too much praise on him. Other teams also read the boards, they just might lob him a call and steal him away with a promotion. I have seen it happen with others. Well deserved mind you, but it sucks for the fans left behind and the poor guy who has to fill his shoes

Just saying

25. Rapfan?

Rapfan? New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Colorado
    Well in my limited interactions with him I would rather work with another Sales Rep rather than Marcus.
    I did not find him helpfull at all. I thought of him more like a used car salesman rather than a soccer ticket guy.

Sorry I don't feel the same way as the rest of you.