Rumor: TFC Rumours and Trialists Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by ArteEtLabore, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That's what I'm wondering. When Dichio was released from his contract to come here, he was on the field right away. It sure would be nice to not have to wait.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon, like maybe this week!

2. deepm

deepm Member

May 13, 2009
    Mississauga
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I assume his contract with Deportivo "expires" on a certain date, so until then I think he can't sign on with TFC. What day that contract expires is beats me.

Isn't there a rule also that if you were contracted with another club, you have to wait until the transfer window opens to sign OFFICIALLY with anothr club.
    I read some other signings in Europe don't become "official" until July anyways.

And MLS has a transfer window as well.

From MLS...
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/regulations

(B) TRANSFERS AND LOANS
    An MLS player may be transferred or loaned at any time to a team outside the League (subject to that team's Federation's transfer window). The registration windows - the dates between which MLS may request the transfer certificate of an international player - are as follows:
    January 21 - April 15 (Primary Window)
    July 15 - August 14 (Secondary Window)

If he was a free agent then he could have signed by now. But he was under contract until the end of this past season, which is expiring soon enough.

3. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i actually think they do have to wait til july 15th. id expect an announcement on that date about Mista being part of the team for the remainder of the season.

4. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    You can only sign an out of contract player outside of the transfer window if he was out of contract in the prior transfer window. In the case of Mista, he would have had to have been out of contract prior to the close of the primary window in April. If the player is released or his contract expires after that date (in this case Mista's contract probably just expired yesterday) they have to wait until the next window opens (July 15th in this case) to officially play in anything other than scrimmages. They can sign him at any point, but he just can't play until the 15th. Milton Rodriguez at FCD has been with the team since early June and he can't play until the transfer window opens on the 15th.

5. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thank you for that excellent explanation.

I heard a rumour that TFC is waiting on some MLS and international paperwork to be processed before they officially "announce" Mista.

It sure looks good for Mista being available for our match on July 17th v Philly at "Chester Field".

6. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  7. PAAH

PAAH New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Aurora, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    So with this rumor and the Mista talk, does anyone know what the roster situation will be like? Will anyone on the current roster need to be released?

Also, here's a link tp Brandy's Wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Febian_Brandy

8. tfc_for_life

tfc_for_life Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Finally! Now if we can get some news on Ornoch, Porter and Brandy. Lets say Mo signs all four players. Whats the roster situation like then? Will somebody get released? traded?

9. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And thankfully the contract is only until the end of the season...

10. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Doucet3

Doucet3 New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Brandy and Williams who make our club a high class contender, we need them + 5 year contracts

12. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Those kids have proven nothing at anything resembling a high level so the jury is out IMO.

13. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It is true, just because they are youth players from a youth system of a big club doesn't mean they are quality player. I seen many of Liverpool youngster play who were utter crap.

14. ronbeech

ronbeech New Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Near Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Frei to Stoke City

http://www.mls-rumors.net/9666/2010...ish-premier-side-stoke-city-for-3m-uk-pounds/

Came across this.
    Not sure how reliable this is, because I'm really hoping this wont happen.

15. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  16. deepm

deepm Member

May 13, 2009
    Mississauga
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  17. nfitz

nfitz Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Toronto
    Re: Frei to Stoke City

I'd have thought the Serbian White Eagles were an excellent source; if a move was to come, they'd be the first to know, as they'd have to replace Kocic quickly.

I have no idea if they'll work out a deal or not, but I don't know why you'd question the source!

18. HAthemm17

HAthemm17 Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Kingston, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

I wouldn't trust mls-rumors.net :)

19. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

MLS-Rumours is called MLS-Rumours because it repeats MLS-Rumours. It is nothing more and nothing less.

It is a self-confessed sourc of MLS-Rumours.

Their site should not be taken any more or any less seriously than any other web site or forum repeating a rumour. They never say anything is fact.

A rumour is a rumour people.

20. nfitz

nfitz Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Toronto

What's MLS Rumors got to do with it? All they are doing is parotting the report that they read on the Voyageurs board.

If you discredit the report based on who repeats it, rather than where they are repeating it from, then it only discredits you.

I'm not saying it's true ... but given where it is coming from, it certainly deserves consideration.

21. beyondthenormal-s3

Oct 4, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    [​IMG]

I work for the Dayton Dutch Lions PDL club here in Dayton, Ohio and I know our one player Bas Ent is currently on trial with Toronto FC:
    http://o10legionnaire.blogspot.com/2010/07/7172010-bas-ent-headed-on-trial-to.html

Played at FC Volendam in Holland, good quick 22 year old. Nice cross.

Goal and assist here in this game a few weeks back for us:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=964lzdUUbpA"]YouTube- Dutch Lions vs. Michigan Bucks Highlights[/ame]