Rumor: TFC Rumours and Trialists Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by ArteEtLabore, Nov 21, 2009.

1. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Del Perio, Salihamidžić and Trezeguet :D

Winner become our second DP

2. deepm

deepm Member

May 13, 2009
    Mississauga
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Inviting Del Piero for a trial...that would sink TFC's management to an all time low in terms of showing class and respect

3. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Rumours are the Del Piero has already signed on and that there's some sort of transfer papers to be signed before they can officially announce it, so if he is indeed here, it's probably not a trial.

4. PAAH

PAAH New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Aurora, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Not that I doubt you but that seems too good to be true. What are your sources of these rumors? I was watching This is Football and Mo (Not that I believe anything that comes out of that guys mouth) was saying that it was not going to happen for sure. In this city, sports rumors are as common as a TTC delay so please gimme something more to go on.

5. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm not suggesting that I'm convinced that it's true, this is a rumours thread so I would assume that everything written here should be taken with a grain of salt.

For what it's worth, my source was a forward I received form someone quoting the 24th minute, which in itself was saying that it was more innuendo than anything.

I will say though, that if del Piero is indeed in town (which in itself is uncomfirmed), then he's likely either signed or on the verge of signing and not being "tried".

6. deepm

deepm Member

May 13, 2009
    Mississauga
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Why would Del Piero even bother trialing for a team...yet alone with TFC?

Hasn't he done enough in his career to be offered a contract w/out a trial?

7. ErnieE

ErnieE Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Oakville Ontario
    He might need to be tested for fitness and speed. He is 36 a bit beyond his best.

8. deepm

deepm Member

May 13, 2009
    Mississauga
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Testing for fitness and speed isn't the same as trialing for a team. Fitness testing can be done in the gym.

But I know what you're getting at.

9. PAAH

PAAH New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Aurora, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Fair enough. It is a rumors thread as you said. It's just that my heart has a hard time with the rollercoaster ride. I SO want this rumor to be true!!

There are a lot of people on here and some talk nonsense while others don't. I look at you as one of the ones who positively adds to the community so when I saw that you posted this, it made me notice.

Please don't feel as though I was calling you out!

10. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    No worries, I didn't take it badly at all. You esteem me with your compliments. :)

11. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  12. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  13. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    TFC could definitely do with a top notch quality striker ... tho in their defence they are doing pretty durn well this season without ... but a 37 year old Paul Dickov who couldn't play for League One Leeds (who was in free fall much of the spring) isn't a top notch quality striker by any stretch of the meaning of those words ... at least Nkufo for SSFC just turned 35 and has performed at a much higher level over the last few years, but even that guy will only help them maybe this season and if they are lucky next season.

14. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Dickov would have been a stop gap until the end of the season only, much like he was at Leeds. He would have been a touch of an insurance policy which is something we do not have right now.

After Chad, we have an unproven Obie White and then an underwhelming Ibbie. Yes obviously there is a DeRo but most of us agree that we prefer him in the slot behind two strikers.

We have depth in goal, defence and the midfield. We are scarey shallow up front but hey, we all know that.

.... and yes, I agree, we've done ok this year thus far. Let's hope it continues and let's see what MoJo plans to do once the window opens again in mid July.

15. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

true. striker is the one place you lack depth. but since you already lack quality it would make more sense to me to bring in the number one guy, bumping everybody back a spot and thus increasing the depth instead of bringing in a number 4 guy and only helping the depth but not addressing the quality issue. it is sort of a "two birds with one stone" thing. but that is predicated on Mo being able to both assess and sign a really top quality striker ... which up until now is questionable at best.

16. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mista and Andrew Ornoch on trial?

[​IMG]
    31 year old striker, Miguel Ángel Ferrer Martínez or known as Mista is on trial at Toronto FC. Sources say if TFC decides to sign the former Deportivo La Coruna player he could count as another designated player to their team. Mista is currently a free agent. While Mista tries his luck with TFC, Canadian 24 year old Andrew Ornoch is also on trial after a season with Heracles in the Eridivisie. Here is a link...
    www.mls-rumors.net/

17. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Merged the above post into the trialists and rumours thread.

18. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Mista and Andrew Ornoch on trial?

Any more news...i hear there may be some substance to this and Mista will be signed.

19. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

I've heard the same thing.

20. tfc_for_life

tfc_for_life Member

Oct 18, 2007

Im starved for some news about Mista. Porter and Ornoch as well. I'm gonna drink this Kool-aid again, Like I did when Jdg and Gerba came, I'll say playoffs for sure!

21. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC

:D

Though this time seems different. I have much more confidence in Preki than I ever had in Cummins/Carver/Mo.

22. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It was interesting to see the Spanish flag flying at the south end of BMO tonight. They typically only fly the flags of the players on the squad so I'm wondering if that's their way of hinting that Mista is in, could've used him tonight...

23. tfc_for_life

tfc_for_life Member

Oct 18, 2007
    where is Mista already!

24. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't know if we can actually have him until the summer transfer window opens on, I believe, July 15th.

25. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    how does that work with a free agent...he is not linked to any team with contract even as we speak....still have to wait?