Rumor: TFC Rumours and Trialists Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by ArteEtLabore, Nov 21, 2009.

1. TFCMANU

TFCMANU Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Parkdale/Newmarket
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  2. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Re: TFC Off-season rumour thread

If this happens then Preki is REALLY looking at the current back line and saying, 'Fight for your position guys.'
    If he gets past the phys then Wynne and a few other look to be on the way out by trade.

3. Lord_ofthe_TFC

Lord_ofthe_TFC New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Wynne is not going anywhere hes our best defender...as far as rumours go 90% of them usually end up false and not worth worrying about. One
    player thats coming back that surprises me is Brennan, i was sure after last
    season he would have been released by now..he still may in the training camp, unless TFC (preki) decide hes worth keep , if even just for coming of the bench in the last 15 mins of matches..

4. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Holy smokes! If we can a) sign him and b) he can stay healthy, he'd be one of the best players in the league. That would shore up our D in a BIG way.

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

FYP.

Brennan deserves another season hopefully at LW.

6. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Man, Andrade was one of the top 5 CB's in the world prior to his injurties...he was even better then carvalho imho simply because he had the all round package of pretty much everything you wanted in a cb.

Heres hoping he stays fit, still has some semblence of his blistering pace, and can still play at a decent level.

If so, this could be a great signing.

I really hope it works out.

7. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Rumors that according to Kristen Jack's twittter page that Toronto FC have resign Brennan for 2010 and that Serioux hasn't been offered a new contract yet.

8. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

The Serioux reference would match up with what I've been hearing. At the Soccer Show last weekend, I was told that he slipped on his steps and badly hurt his elbow which is why he is with not with Canada for the Jamaica match ... or that is at least my understanding anyway.

9. Lord_ofthe_TFC

Lord_ofthe_TFC New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Whjy are the waiting for Serioux? hes another player we need..they Resigned Brennan..surprised,lets hope it works on if hes back on the LW.

10. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Because Serioux hurt his elbow so badly that he might not play for a long, long time.

11. adammac19

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Yeah his fitness is a real issue though I do think he would be a loss to the club, though his form was bit up and down last season but to have a player who can play anywhere across the backline is very good option to have.

12. tfc_for_life

tfc_for_life Member

Oct 18, 2007

Oh sh#t! No Serioux ! the back line was porous with him, without him ? Tfc really needs Nana and Gomez to start along with Garcia. Its hard to see that lasting a whole season. I Hope the Andrade rumour pans out! Even for one season.

13. Drexel10

Drexel10 New Member

Mar 7, 2008

Serioux, Garcia, Brennan, Wynne, Velez, it doesn't matter, the one and only good defender we had was Nana. So if any or all of the above do not play, we will not be any worse because of it. Serioux is not a great player and come off the bench for midfielder to tighten up a game, or injured CB, not a starter and not on a left back.

14. tfc_for_life

tfc_for_life Member

Oct 18, 2007

Best case scenario is Andrade and Ibrahim Said signing and starting with Nana and Gomez being subbed in. Hell I'd even see Brennan at CB then anymore of Garcia. Anybody else thinks its time Gabe Gala either played or got cut? Permanent Potential is coach killer.

15. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx

Without Serioux I would imagine your back line would be better, the guy was a terrible man marker here in Dallas. He had one decent season with Houston where they clearly freed him up to goon it up, while others handled the marking of attackers. You can't have a backline of Serioux and Garcia and expect to be anything but leaders in dumb cards and goals allowed. Hopefully you guys can find a better couple of options and get rid of the hacks, for your teams sake, and the ankles and knees of the rest of the league.

16. smenge

smenge New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC

Serioux and Brennan are only on the team because they are Canadian, and TFC has to have some despite their lack of pace, skill, ability. Garcia is on the team because Mo still has it in him to make utterly stupid moves.

17. KyleP

KyleP Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan

I have a feeling if we sign Andrade there'll be no way in hell he plays more than 6 games this season. The guy's knees are hollow and, while he was a great player on his day, he hasn't played a good run of games for nearly 3 years. Frankly, I'm amazed he can still walk, what with the amount of operations he's been put through, and he really shouldn't pass any team medical. I hope Preki/Mo does the right thing and looks somewhere, otherwise we'll end up with a defender who couldn't even earn a contract with Notts County a couple of months ago. Maybe he'll amaze me and come back to recindle his form of a few years ago but I very much doubt it.
    Having said that though, even without any knees he's probably still better than Garcia, Serioux, and Brennan all put together. :rolleyes:

18. adammac19

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Interesting to see what money Brennan (if he did indeed signed a new deal)new one year deal is on. He was making 185k last season so it would be interesting to see if he is given the same wages or had to take a paycut.

19. tfc_for_life

tfc_for_life Member

Oct 18, 2007

I'd guess Brennan took a pay cut. How hard is it to find a defender? Should it be this hard?

20. adammac19

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

With so much uncertainty about the new CBA and the season going to be starting it would be hard to convince many to sign on with the club and league.

21. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

The fact that he is left-footed makes him harder to replace than your average defender.

I've also heard talk of him moving back up to midfield

22. tfc_for_life

tfc_for_life Member

Oct 18, 2007

Brennan as a mid? maybe eight years ago, he could play CB again. hes better than Garcia. The best Tfc could do for me is buy Kevin McKenna.

23. adammac19

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

They tried Brennan in mid-field before and it failed bad, I don't really see the point in trying it again 2 years later when he is even slower than before.

24. carnifex2005

carnifex2005 Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps

Here's a rumour. Manchester United coming to Toronto in July.

25. FutebolDeResultado

Feb 8, 2008

man... the galaxy signed 3 youngsters on loan from Sao Paulo...

why do we get mediocre talent from mediocre footballing nations???