Terrence Boyd w/ MNT

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by footie101, Jun 6, 2012.

1. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah they do since they finished 2nd in the league last season, hopefully they can win the Austrian league next season so they can get a Champions League spot.

2. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said sir. I would like to say that I was one of those that were bothered by Bob starting him every game thinking he only started because of his dad being the coach. But he convince me back in 2009 that he deserved to be a starter. But I never knew Bradley would be this good I was highly impressed by his performance against Italy and Scotland, hopefully he can keep improving so he can become a high quality player like Dempsey, Donovan and Howard.

3. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Boyd: I never second guessed my decision to join the U.S.
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1679...-never-second-guessed-my-decision-to-join-the

joelk, GiallorossiYank and LouisZ repped this.
  4. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Well, considering that Rapid's top scorer last season (Alar) finished with 9 goals, and the overall top scorer in the league (Stefan Maierhofer of Red Bull Salzburg) had only 14 goals, then that would be a hell of a debut season for Boyd.

5. joelk

joelk Member

Mar 1, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Rapids burgundy

Oct 12, 2011
    Littleton
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Davies making a full on return and Juan making a clear comeback, these two SHOULD lead the US next round of qualifying. Jurgen isn't a coach, he's a spokesperson.

7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Come on...........Davies?

I think he played a total of something like 20 minutes for Sochaux this season.

Until he gets his club career in order, Jurgen isn't going to consider him.

GiallorossiYank repped this.
  8. Rapids burgundy

Oct 12, 2011
    Littleton
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose
    Given that stat for reasoning, that gives Boyd a clear spot on the national team. :rolleyes: How many starts for Borussia's first team?

9. Rapids burgundy

Oct 12, 2011
    Littleton
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, he'll be on loan.. Good chance for him to start "tearing apart" the mighty defenses of the Austrian Bundesliga!! Please... But i'm getting away from my first point, Jurgen should DEFIANTLY decide roster spots based solely on FIFA club ranks and not on performances in what should be an OPEN US camp(sarcasm again, sorry just couldn't resist in this three ring circus)..

10. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough if you don't think Boyd should be with the US national team at the moment. HOWEVER, Davies is not the same player he once was, and played fewer minutes than Boyd this year in all competitions. Does Davies even know where he will be playing next season?

11. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm kinda surprised some people are expecting Davies to make it back to the USMNT, I hope he can surprise me and be the same same he once used to be but I stopped holding my breath after seeing his performance with DC United.

12. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude it's time to move on.

13. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No need to hate on JK and Boyd.

14. Rapids burgundy

Oct 12, 2011
    Littleton
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed he is not, and may not ever be the same player he once was. Davies was at the expense of the point that i'm making. We don't have much on Davies

15. Rapids burgundy

Oct 12, 2011
    Littleton
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me guess, you LOVE the academy and it's wonderful developments towards making the US national team into a nobody's team..

16. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    On the other hand, Maierhofer is a well-known below average BL2 forward (Koblenz, Fürth, Duisburg). Being as good as Maierhofer won't set the world on fire.

17. WondoSoWonderful

May 3, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Haha, thats exactly what I was thinking. Like that guy said earlier, Boyd's best chance is to light the league up than follow Salihi in becoming an MLS rotation option on a good team.

18. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HA! I don't think so.

19. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's your analysis of Boyd's game, BB? Please be as objective as you might be capable of.

20. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like his game he has big upside but he is still raw, I like his move to Vienna because he needs first team action and playing in the Europa League will be good for him.

21. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really dig Boyd being on the team but I think the expectation based on his career would be him being a very mid level top pro/mediocre national team player. He could be better of course but just extrapolating by his age and success. But when you look at the top 15 teams in the world, how many prospects do they have with similar credentials? So the perspective should be based on Boyd's competition around the world, not just how good he is compared to the rest of our awesome world class USAnians.

22. LuckofLichaj

LuckofLichaj Member+

Mar 9, 2012
    Davies is just optimism. If he gets 90% back- which is a very slight possibility- I think he'd be our best forward if Dempsey isn't deployed there. I like Agudelo's instincts in front of goal, but little else. He's got a lot to work on, and I think Boyd is ahead of him at this point. Klinsmann likes Boyd because he can press and run well- but he simply doesn't have the skill (yet, at least) to make himself dangerous in front of goal.

23. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. Over the guy who put in 19 goals for his Eredivisie club and the guy who put in 18 goals for his Mexican teams?

Boyd is the third option at striker and is as good an option as anyone else, which tells us how terrible our options are after the first two, not how great Boyd is. It just comes down to preference amongst bad options by the coaching staff and apparently they think Boyd is the best of a bad lot.

I am sure that if someone like Davies or Agudelo were actually playing consistently and putting the ball in the back of the net they would be ahead of Boyd.

And the most probable answer to our long term future at forward is probably Villyan Bijev, not Boyd, Agudelo or Davies imo.

24. az2004

az2004 Member

Jun 5, 2012
    boyd has scored at a good rate for reserve german clubs

15 inn 44 matches for hertha

20 in 32 matches for dortmund

for usa 23 2 goals im 2 matches

for usa 20 1 goal in 2 matches

AND LOOK AT THE STYLE OF GAME, more target, hold the ball than any one other than jozy

start naming the usa kids who match that strike rate..

he's worth the look, and my feel for him is by 2014 he's got a role, maybe off the bench, but who knows for sure

as to davies, he screwed himself by breaking curfew

and cost himself a lot of money

25. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Boyd has a lot of potential and he could be a really good option in 6 years.