Terrence Boyd w/ MNT

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by footie101, Jun 6, 2012.

1. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    I'm sorry, but how can you possibly compare Ream and Cameron to Brooks? According to transfermarkt.de Brooks has 4 games for the US U20 and 15 games for Hertha Berlin II which plays in the Regionalliga Nord. How often have you seen him play? I'm German and I honestly have never seen any Regionalliga Nord matches, so I can't make any judgements about his development or playing style. Unless you travel to Plauen, Meppen and Meuselwitz to see them in person? Surely Ream and Cameron are currently miles ahead of him in their development, particularly Ream who has actually played first team football at the PL level?

Of course, Brooks might turn out to be a top- class pro, but please tune down the expectations a bit. Actually, from what I HAVE seen, Morales and Wooten might be the most likely to establish themselves in the first team, especially since both Kaiserslautern and Hertha Berlin will be playing in the BL2 next season.

2. az2004

az2004 Member

Jun 5, 2012
    uses needs gonzolez to get healthy by the hwx, and return to his level of play

then ream to get experience, and by 2014, these 2 can replace gooc and boca

3. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell NO! Unlike Goodson Brooks was developed in Germany and has more skill with the ball, and one of his old Hertha Berlin coaches said that Brooks reminds him of a young Jerome Boateng.

4. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    • Too argumentative for N & A. Tone it down please.
    [deleted by moderator] I wasn't comparing Brooks to Ream or Cameron I was just saying that for a 6'5 CB he is comfortable with the ball like a Ream and Cameron. He may or may not turn out but he has a lot of upside and the fact that Bayern Munic tried to sign him last summer, but instead signed a 4 year pro contract with Hertha Berlin says a lot since he is only 19 years old. If he gets some playing time next season now that Berlin got relegated to the 2BL it will be a good sign.

5. WondoSoWonderful

May 3, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Soooo, how many times have u seen Brooks play?

6. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None because they don't televise their reserve team games, I'm just saying what Brian Scieretta from Yanks Abroad has said about Brooks a 6'5 CB that is really smooth with the ball.

7. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My friend Tommi has seen him play 3 or 4 times for the reserves. He said he was good with the ball. Brooks is apparently still adjusting to his body. He grew several inches last year.

By the way, I know several people in Germany who enjoy going to see reserve matches every once and a while. I've seen the Schalke reserves play before. It's a good afternoon activity on a nice day.

8. WondoSoWonderful

May 3, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    After talking with MR. Bimmerbenz95, I learned that he believes the Regionalliga West is superior to the MLS. Gonna be pretty tough to take him seriously after that.

9. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You misunderstood me, I meant physically. I haven't seen Brooks to comment on his technique but I been reading from other reports he is a good prospect.

10. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yes he is skinny for a 6'5 guy but supposedly he is working to build some muscle.

11. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's pretty close to be honest, especially recently. I would bet my life savings that the top teams in the Regionalliga West could consistently beat below average MLS teams like Philidelphia or Portland (at the moment). It has a lot of turnover in terms of personnel, so teams will get hot really quick and be capable of beating 2 Bundesliga teams, but suck the next year.

12. WondoSoWonderful

May 3, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    No way man. I'm sorry but no way.

The top teams from one league beating the worst from another doesn't make a league superior.

13. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you even read my post? I said it was close, not that the Regionalliga is superior.

14. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow you are posting false rubbish.

15. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A 5th division team Cal FC has beaten a few MLS clubs in the US open cup so I'm sure there are quite a few 4th division teams like the Borussia Dortmund reserve team (now 3rd division) that can beat a few MLS teams that's what I said to WondonotsoWonder I never said the Regionalliga was better than MLS.

16. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also don't talk to Mr. Wondo he hates Germans and German Americans. :speechless:

17. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CalFC beat one MLS club (Portland Timbers), not a few. And they, prior to the Timbers game, held 9th place in their league in California IIRC. They hold up the standard that any team can play inspired football and show their worth on the day. They do nothing to hold up the standard that a Regionalliga team could hold it's own in MLS.

I could see a top Regionalliga team beating an MLS side, sure, on their day, but it wouldn't happen consistently. Maybe a little more consistenly against say Toronto than others, but there's been something terribly wrong with that side for some time now.

This isn't a response to just your post by the way. It's a response to a couple of posts since I haven't figured out multiquoting yet.

18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Well.......it's good for us that Boyd has now moved away from Borrusia II, so we can stop this inane argument about the merits of MLS versus the Regionalliga.

Rapid Vienna is a good move for Terrence. He needs to grab this opportunity, become a consistent starter there, and continue to progress.

orcrist repped this.
  19. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sink or swim time.

20. az2004

az2004 Member

Jun 5, 2012
    ah philadelphia beat scalke 04 2-1 early may when the bundesliga season end3d and JERMAINE JONE did play

mls isn't all that bad

and philly beat EVERTON and CELTIC in years past

21. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The big question is whether Boyd can develop in time to be a contributor to the 2014 squad......

i doubt it.

22. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he's starting in Austria, you can bet that JK will give him every opportunity. Of course Boyd will have to make the most of them.

23. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can make it our slogan if he doesn't... :cool:

24. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Yeah, as a plea to the coach. Guess it could work both ways...