Terrence Boyd to Watford?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by ckl26, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Ah, but AJ has what? Very nice technical skills from what I have seen. Completely get why he was wanted.

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Boyd may not be a diamond in the rough, but he's no "EJ in England"

Zoidberg repped this.
  3. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Damn, u on fire lately...on fire, not go die in one.

Don't want some posters or mods to get overly sensitive.

4. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Watford have good strikers already with Troy Deeney, Fernando Forestieri, Javier Acuna, Diego Fabbrini (Italian full international). They have a couple of younger players called Bernard Mensah and Uche Ikpeazu.
    They have recently sold a couple of players for around £2.5m combined, so are in a position to make an offer for Boyd. He would not be first choice though, but back-up for Deeney as he is a similar player to him and a good option if Deeney gets injured.

Mario Balotelli repped this.
  5. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Fingers crossed for Boyd in general but his last couple appearances for the US have been pretty poor. Wherever he goes I hope he gets lots of playing time so he can step his game up and eventually contribute. If Watford would make playing time scarce, I'd rather he stay put for another year or so. He's not someone I would really worry about getting ready for 2014; he's more a 2018 project in my mind.

Of course, being that this is the kid's job if he gets an offer with a decent raise, I'd expect him to take it.

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Had he performed better in the appearances he had this year for the Nats, 1 could definitely pencil him in for a possible trip to Brazil. Hard to figure he'll go unless a monster season he unleashes. That and maybe a loss in form to either Gomez or EJ. Most likely he'll be on standby.

7. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    he's a pretty good striker, but is he a good footballer?

Klopp's system demands quick moving, quick passing, but mostly quick football thinking. How to adjust your runs, where to place the pass, how to use your teammates.

I really like this kid, but why don't these guys focus on what they are not good? First touch, passing, linking play, positive runs?

Maybe he does. Would be great to see him teamed up with the Zola.

8. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    England's World Cup record against the USA: 0 Wins, 1 Loss, and 1 Draw.

England's Number of World Cups since 1966: 0

England's Number of Euro Championships: 0

England's Overinflated Ego: Priceless

matt021d, CTS26, onefineesq and 3 others repped this.
  9. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Let's not forget they didn't even score the goal that won 66 for them. Thank the Sogiet lines,an who fought in WWII and lost many frienda and family to Germany.

It is also widely considered the most biased officiated tourney in history. Of course this is ignored in England.
    Very convienent.

10. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The UK lost its empire, so they have to find ways to feel superior to their former colonies, especially the US, since the USA gave them the middle finger in 1776.

You can feel and hear the jealousy in their words.

11. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Club:
    Watford FC
    wow...I'm amazed at all the anti-English comment, stemming from just one jokey post about the differences between soccer and football. The guy who wrote that isn't even English, he's Irish.
    I am Spanish, but I thought the English and Americans were friends!

12. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the English...except their food, and their teeth, and their inflated sense of self worth. I will give them this. Most English women are automatically hotter just because of their accents.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  13. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    When it comes to soccer, inflated self worth describes 99% of the population. Unbearable.

14. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    they are on a one game streak without a loss however. Things are looking up.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  15. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the most part, we are. It's when English soccer fans try to lord some kind of bizarre sense of superiority over the USA regarding soccer that such comments are said. Those comments from the British Isles tend to hit a nerve, so some of us will react that way, even if the person is from the UK, but ultimately not England. They especially hit a nerve because some of the loudest mockery of American soccer that comes from outside the US has been from England.

There is nothing that motivates American soccer fans and players more than British people and Europeans who tell us we suck and "don't understand the mystical properties of football/soccer," or whatever that means.

Their taunting will only make a World Cup victory that much sweeter. :devilish:

16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

17. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Getting taunted by the French sucks.

18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Questionable on the accents. And the makeup and the tanning. But I gotta admit they are very well endowed chest wise.

19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Exactly. They tried to cope better by treating Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India much better but to no luck.

20. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends. East End of London, no, not so much. Other areas of the country, yeah, it works for me.

21. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Eh, Scottish women seem to be my thing IMO, I'll never get sick of listening to them talk

22. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  23. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Stuff a sock in a girls mouth and u can hear Scottish woman anywhere...anytime.

24. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Add Udinese to that list as well.

While it's nice to be linked with good teams in better leagues, it's likely that most see him as a backup-third option at striker. In the year before the WC with a legit chance to make the team, is it really better to make occasional sub appearances for Lazio or play regularly with Rapid? I'd lean towards the latter.

If he has a great season with Rapid, more attractive options will probably surface.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  25. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah that's why I think Watford is prob. his best option imo