TEOFILO GUTIERREZ news & comments (r)

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by efernandez9, Nov 11, 2010.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Teo is going to make me eat my words. He will start every game and he will play so great in Brazil that they will call him Pele2.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am a changed man. I have seen the light!
    I will no longer say anything negative about our best Player who is divine!

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

@ryu @pibe10 @minus este forista lleva como 2 paginas trolleando haciendo comentarios pendejos sarcasmos , provocando........se que le di cuerda (pero todo desde terminos de la discucion) hasta que me di cuenta que estaba mamando el pelo ......simplemente que ahora sigue..........y es evidente su intencion por trollear, es el mismo clenbuterl que ya le cerraron la cuenta en el pasado y ahora tiene una tarjeta amrilla

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You are the one trolling me. You are the one saying naughty words. You are the one making false accusations.

I am just seeing the light.

5. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El titular va a ser Bacca... Esta en un nivel inmenso y ha sido parte del proceso de Pekerman y si Pekerman va con 2 delanteros, pues el mejor acompañante de Bacca es precisamente Teo

viscajunior and pepinointer repped this.
  6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I would say that this is Teo's best argument to start. He doesn't mind being the 2nd man behind a front man. Mind you, I think Bacca doesnt have the same type of physical and finishing attributes in the box of a Falcao or Jackson. Bacca is VERY good with his feet and is quite unselfish for a striker...which is similar to how Teo plays the game. I prefer to have a lethal finisher. The team really needs that. Bacca tends to start many of his plays almost in midfield. That being said he knows Teo very well. And part of Pekerman's + picks has to do with placing players that compliment each other well.

I've watched every single River match this season, the best of the Colombian trio has been Carbonero. Partly, this has to do with the position that Carbonero occupies in which Diaz does not have a ton of options. Teo, while not scoring a heck of a lot and missing some sitters has managed to do play better than his peer (Cavenaghi) game to game, who for the most part has had a full :90 min every match, even when playing awful. With all these added minutes, Cavenaghi has only managed to score ONE more goal (PK) than Teo and with that manages to sit 4th in goal scoring for the league. (The current goal leader in the Clausura has 7 goals).

Teo has played MUCH better than he played in Apertura and remember that this is only his 2nd "half year" with RP. Before that, in a year's time he went thru his 'crazy tour' of Racing, Lanus, Junior, Cruz Azul and finally RP. So finally he's getting settled. So is the rest of RP. He's also managed to keep a cool head. Last but not least, @HomietheClown, if your argument is that Teo is a player that plays ONLY confidently at home, take into account that this will be a WC with a tremendous amount of Colombian supporters, with similar climate and vibe. No other Colombian team that made it in our generation has had that luxury. Not saying it's the Metropolitano but it's as close as it gets to being on Colombian soil. I doubt that Japan or Greece will feel the same.

locoxriver repped this.
  7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bacca can score, I think the numbers speak for himself; now you can argue that Bacca tends to miss easy goals but once again that can be said about Jackson also and that doesn't change the fact that both have really good numbers as goalscorers.
    For the other point I cant disagre... I mean Falcao is our most lethal/smart striker in the area and Jackson main strength is his physique and how he can extend all his body to win balls in the air and be a completely air threat.
    I said this before, if we are playing with one striker; personally I would choose Jackson, even over Falcao. Just send balonasos to the area, Jackson will have a field day there.
    But if we are complementing the team with build up plays and players switching positions (just how we been doing during the qualifiers) then is where Teo and Bacca abilities stand over Jackson for example. (This doesn't mean that we have to play those two and is a total mistake to say that Jackson and Falcao cant play together or any combination of strikers) and Pekerman has been doing just that during friendlies so they build chemistry and this can work.

8. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

I think the one thing I want to see is MF Build up to score. If you look at our best matches we would have 4-5 players in the 16 yard zone ready to pounce. Obviously, this also means that ALL our MFs have to be ready to contribute on both ends.

9. Bombay

Bombay Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #2159 Bombay, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    It probably depends on the opponent which striker should be used. Against Greece there is a good chance we need a player in the box who can score headers and Jackson is good at aerial play (so is Ramos). Greece will have ten players inside the box most likely. Against Ivory Coast I'm sure Pekerman wants Colombia to have the ball as much as possible. Teo-Bacca could be the solution in that situation.

edit. Then again there is not much time to try 5 different strikers, so the best choice could be just find the system that works and go with that...

10. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's what Pekerman has been trying to do all along, I remember this goal where Teo received the ball in the middle of the field but didnt hold on it, he just started the counter by making an immediate pass to Falcao who at the same time pass it to James who ended up scoring.

This is why Pekerman prefers to have one DM even if it means having James and Cuadrado defend a lot. Because that would mean he would have more options in the mid and we wouldn't be so predictable, also I think the main reason Ibarbo is a starter is not necessarily what he offers offensively (which is great) but because he is the whole package (he defends, he can play as mid and as striker)

11. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Our squad gives us the option to try different variables, but sometimes I feel like Pekerman don't like to change that much. It can be also because he is fairly new with the team and these last friendlies he's been trying different set of strikers and also playing with one guy up front, but the rest is very straightforward

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    "De sudamerica el club que más me gusta es River Plate; Higuaín me ha hecho interesarme por esa institución" CRISTIANO RONALDO

Ven hasta cr7, observa todos los fines de semana a teo!

RiverGaucho repped this.
  13. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    obviamente!!!! viendo a quien crees que Cr7 aprendio a jugar????

viscajunior repped this.
  14. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    ....Y también el manicure

15. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Soy el único que piensa que ese uniforme de River parece de entrenamiento?

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    que susto me metio teo...y su movimeinto de rodilla

river con el gol de teo es lider momentaeno

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    termino saliendo lesionado... salio tocandose la rodilla derecha.... esperemos que solo sea algo pequeno

19. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no se preocupen en 3 dias vuelve a las canchas sin problema....

20. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    si .. a mi se me paso la escena.. pero cuando vi el link que subio pepino ya se nota que no da para lesion grave.... maximo unos dias con hielo...

21. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    balanta también!

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    estamos jodidos

pekerman creo que rompio el televissor

23. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    si.. que leche... lo de balanta parece un tiron en el muslo derecho .... nada mayor

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hablo y se sentia tranquilo y le mando saludos a la abuela que cumple años

viscajunior repped this.
  25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Juanjo Buscalia ‏@jbuscalia 19m
    El cuerpo médico de River informa q lo de Teo es un esguince leve en la rodilla derecha. Y q lo alvarez Balanta es una contractura