television deal 2012/13

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by la saeta rubia, Aug 3, 2012.

1. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Tv deal Futbol para todos this season will be for 1.05 billion pesos about 230 millionUS$.
    Despite all the anti government rhetoric its a massive increase on the TYC sports contract which was less than half this.With River receiving 45 million dollars from Adidas for a sponsorship deal and BBVA paying Boca and River 3,7 million dollars for the shirt deal.It shows Argentine futbol should be competing better with Brasil than over the last few years

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm sorry man but i can't side with you here. You don't live in argentina, I do. I don't want my taxes going to futbol, i want it going to safer trains, more security, better highways, etc.

Not to mention the fact that cristina openly backed the barras and criticized the plateistas. She is also taking rapers, murderers, and other delicuents out of prison to participate in poltical events. The barras are going to continue running futbol, and the president is allowing this:

http://www.ole.com.ar/fuera-de-juego/barra-Cristina-Mallo-Moreno-Campora_0_747525358.html

As for competing with brazil, no way. Diego Forlan, Seedorf, D'Alessandro, Neymar, Ganso, Damiao, Fred, Deco, Ronaldinho, Luis Fabiano, Rogerio Ceni, Juninho, Juan, Loco Abreu, Elano... Those are the figuras of international past and present currently starring in brasil. Here in argentina we have Trezeguet and Maxi Rodriguez and Camoranesi... Those are the only players of international importance playing here.

Not to mention some of the top players from Argentina such as JM Martinez and Pato Rodriguez have joined brazilian clubs.

You won't find a bigger fan of watching argentine futbol than me, but the truth is the quality of the league is way down. Everyone sees this from the newspapers here to those in mexico to the guy at the kiosko down the street to diego simeone to menotti these are just some of the people who have said the same thing.

How many goals from FK have been scored in the primera division over the past 3 seasons? Not many, and the majority scored by Riquelme and Gio Moreno and Veron, all now gone from argentina. In brazil, you see incredible quality in goals from free kicks, tijera, chilena, great build up etc... In arg we see more scrappy goals and frenetic out of control player

The brazilian league is top 5 in the world, probably top 3 since serie a is pretty much shit.

3. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Listen I spend lots of time in Argentina and have issues with the government too but Argentina is a democracy where CFK won a landslide.Get over it if u are passionate enough about it join one of the opposiion groups.and be ready for 2015.If you read what I said it would be better.The tv deal is good and now the clubs "SHOULD BE COMPETING BETTER WITH BRASIL THAN IN THE LAST FEW YEARS.
    Lets speak ofrealities not opinions the tv deal in money terms is very good.Its massively good.for the smaller.clubs and the Nacional B which makes our league hugely competitive.The.problem is for the bigger clubs who dont get the same.percentage as in other countries.La liga may have the best two sides in the world but as a league its a joke.England and Italy are much the same.The only leagues that are interesting for me are Argentina Brasil and Germany

4. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Your taxes are going to trains, yeah, but you're forgetting that public transport is owned by private enterprises, that not only do no investment but they leech the state and that's because of brutal privatization policies and it's been like that for decades. But yeah the problem is your taxes going to civil societes...

With that criteria one could also say that in past it's possible that TV rights were paid with money for retirement, in the end that was what the whole fiasco of the AFJPs was about, yes the money for retirement that Clarín worries about so much nowadays and they robbed from actual workers(not from current retired people like they claim).

Tsk, if the speech was public, why not quote anything instead of just "saying that she said". Then again Gustavo Grabbia should also say for which candidate Boca, Nueva Chicago and Defensores de Belgrano barras were collaborating in the elections for mayor of Buenos Aires in 2007, he said that when he was at TyC Sports 5 years ago, he convinently didn't say who was the candidate. And Mallo, where is he? Ever since 2010 he's never been mentioned again, they made everything possible to mention him since Bebote said he was a fake, but somehow a barra of River says he's under the orders of Moreno and is believeable and Bebote isn't, add to that and Mallo supposed connection with Anibal Fernández has been proven(maybe that's the answer). And also it's known that GCBA used La 12 to supress a protest of teachers in CABA...

Also that new bullshit about criminals being taken to political events, only because some people in journalism can't tell that cultural events aren't all about politics, but yeah now we have believe Schoklender as the wielder of truth and whatever he has to say...

Let's see for how long they can hold that after the World Cup, their model sounds like the destructive model started by Ducatenziller and Grimbank at Independiente and what Savino and Tinelli did at San Lorenzo... But yeah the current double-standards and trends indicates that if Brazil is doing it and it's really flasy it's the way to go, what will it be in the future? who cares!

And maybe Seedorf sees in Brazil what Drogba sees in China...

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't want to talk about politics bc it's obvious the 3 of us will never agree.

As for futbol, the reason seedorf went to rio... It's quite simple. His wife is from there, it's rio for christsake, and it's Brasil the richest futbol culture in the world. Plus they are paying hm a lot of cash

Some of the other examples like forlan... Wanted to come home but still make good money so he went to inter. Had independiente been able to pay him what inter does, he'd be back there, just like d'alessandro would be in river

On the subject of china, well i don't know. China is not a great place to live, especially if you are a mid 20s millionaire looking to party.... I don't think they will be able to draw top players consistently

I have no idea why drogba would go to china when he could have gone to the US.

6. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

good from now on lets leave politics out of it and we will all stick with Futbol.Drogba went to China for the same reason he went to England guita money cash whatever you want to call it.

7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But had he not been offered a lot of money he would've probably gone elsewhere, wife being from Rio is a plus.

By doing that you risk to spend a lot of money on somebody who's washed up. But like Maxi Rodríguez did, if you want to return you just return, if you're in for the easy money then look elsewhere.

You responded that with the Forlan, D'Alessandro examples, it's $.

I don't know about China, but let's see for how long can brazilian clubs keep up with that. As far as I know Santos already had to get rid of the futsal and women football teams to keep Neymar.

8. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For 2013 the government has increased the futbol para todos budget to $1,471,000,000. thats around 250 million dollars on the blue or 300 million official.Whatever about the merits or not its bringing the league almost to Ligue 1 territory.

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like FSC FSC Esp will no longer have the EPL from next year. FSC will not have any leagues to really show. It makes me wonder if they will start showing Primera games from that year.

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not living in the US but i'm pretty sure gol tv has the rights to river and boca games through 2014. It wouldn't make any sense to purchase the rights to AFA games if you don't have River or Boca. Basically it'd be a waste of money... No offense fans of other teams

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, GolTV has it, but it is quite limited at times. It's always Boca or River games for the most part. Few games here and there as well. But who knows how long GolTV is going to last, they lost all their rights to La Liga to this new network called BeIN TV(Which also bought Serie A and Ligue 1 rights as well). They(GolTV) show league games from Uruguay as well.