Teams that don't just come to make up the numbers against Wigan - OTT [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by JamesA, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fans of football should all be hoping for a Barca vs Madrid final. Those two going at it for the title would make for some great football and probably a heated affair.

So if Barca win the Champions League and Madrid win the La Liga, who had the better season (and bragging rights)? I'm sure both sides would argue their own, but as neutral fans, which would you guys say means more to those teams?

2. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yeah he has done a very good job so far, the only criticism is how we perform against the bigger teams.

In some ways yes you are correct, we do have a different club structure that really can screw with a coach and their view of what should happen , but i do think he has more say in transfers than Ancelotti ever did, or they've come to realise that it's best to actually listen to the coach, well a bit more anyway.

That could be said of quite a few big clubs at the moment, but yes there are some that clearly shouldn't be there Mesbah and Muntari being the standout candidates.

Put me down as Anti-Football then, Bayern vs Chelsea FTW :p

3. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Barca would have won back to back CL crowns. They would of have the much, much better season if that goes down.

4. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm referring specifically to the "the FA and Referees favour United" bandwagon which has been rolling since the first EPL title.

My point is that by the mid nineties, literally millions of biased individuals across England were watching EPL games, rooting for Man Utd's opposition. As a result, any time United got a questionable, or incorrect decision, it became a matter of high controversy, based largely on the volumes watching and their vested interests.

I simply see a lot of people who don't care for Barca, making declarations of corruption. It sounds all too familiar and as a result, I'm sceptical.

But you've already said you don't buy into that specific theory.

I'll admit, I fear the prospect of my favourite game being rigged across the board and the potential for some great memories being spoiled. For that reason, I hope any impact from such things (especially on competition outcomes) is minimal.

However, wherever it exists, for the good of the game it needs to be exposed.

5. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    Well looks like the benfica central defense is completely gutted for tomorrows game. No idea who could eve line up honestly.

Looks like it's game over for benfica as much as I would have liked to see chelsea go out against them.

6. WinningEleven

WinningEleven Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Love how this board goes ballistic whenever Barcelona win.

In response to MizzouMUFC, whoever wins the Champions League will have the bigger season. If Barcelona win it and Real Madrid win the league, Barcelona any day because they will have retained it. If Real Madrid win the Champions League and Barcelona win the league, Real Madrid any day because it will be their 10th, some sort of a super milestone.

Anyway, I see Barcelona winning the Champions League again and Real Madrid will hold on to win La Liga.

7. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Zlatan needs to keep his mouth shut. He once again failed to impose himself in a big CL match. He touches were awful.

8. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I see my homie Olic scored a brace today...

9. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If Barca wins the UCL and beats Madrid at the Camp Nou later this month, then I think there's little discussion.

At first the thought of a Spanish Clasico for the UCL final made me cringe because Mourinho has generally brought down the quality of the rivalry (except for the relatively less important SuperCopa last August, which was a cracker of a two-leg tie). But I think the biggest stage would mean better behavior from both sides, and some really nice football.

There's also the matter of whether RM would have an advantage in the final, having played a semi leg in the same stadium.

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not if you want England to keep the best country coefficient. I also would rather the finalists not come from the same country.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Opinion asked from neutral fans...Barcelona fan replies.

I thought only Xavi could speak for football? :p

12. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC