Team News 2013/2014

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Jun 7, 2013.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Start the new thread here....

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Punctual like clock work Mr.Ken ;)
    This is to a season with the aim of flying back into Europe and a top 5 Bundesliga ranking.The boys have the perfect combination of experience and talent for the upcoming season.With a good fighting spirit our coach has everything at his disposal to create another successful season.All the right elements are present hopefully the boys will lay it on the line and "bring it" . With the right drive and aggressive approach we can do wonders this season...of course remains to be seen what kind of "omen" and contribution Kappa will bring & create :alien::D:alien::alien::alien:

www.fotobahn.com

3. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's a lot of pieces I really like for you guys. The question is whether management can fill the remaining hole or two.
    Kruse, Arrango, Herrmann, de Jong, Younes and Hrgota not having to worry about europe will make your offense much more reliable next campaign. Especially if Xhaka can take the next step from his end of season play and not just be a good midfielder, but become the metronome who controls your play.

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I attended that game ... and when I saw that sensational goal, I thought "Hmm, not bad for such a beanpole". ;)

I'm pretty sure that these ongoing rumours are mainly responsible for his inconstant performances last season/this year.

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cant wait for Favre's formation of Kruz younes xhaka hrgota and herrmann plus arango on that pitch...if Kruz and xhaka click..thats a deadly explosive speedy mobile 2-man unit :)

Not gonno count much on our record purchase Mr.LDY ..till he actually starts to rack up some goals:( more excited about rest of lad's :)

www.fotobahn.com

6. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Favre have any additional moves lined up for the club this transfer season? Would like to see some defensive depth added at least............

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am sure Favre is hoping ( and will work hard at that) to create the perfect midfield which can support our D-Line and hope along the way our veterans continue to hold it together and give the young lads the much needed experience in order to keep that gate closed.At this point i cant see the management finding the perfect sweeper and corner stone for our back field :(
    But looking back at last season despite losing a key player such as Dante..our D was pretty good and we had more of a discipline problem rather than lack of quality players.More of an execution problem so to speak...hopefully the proper mind set and discipline will finally sink in for the upcoming season..if we dont shoot ourselves in the feet we do have a pretty solid back field:)

www.fotobahn.com

8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Other than adding some more young cover to the defense the lineup should be pretty set for next season with Kruse coming in. Wonder how much money is left to spend though, cause if you could trigger Pirmin Schwegler's 3m euro buyout clause that would really make me feel confident in Gladbach's attacking play next season. Schwegler next to Xhaka or Nordveit behind Arrango, Herrmann, Kruse, LdJ, Younes, Hrgota and co could really make some attractive attacking moves.

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazing goal. Congrats to him.

Not many transfer rumors for BMG. Eberl on vacation. Raffael being given some chatter. Favre knows him from Hertha days and he would be a solution to BMG's need for creativity. Lining up a front 4 of:

----------------Kruse----------------
    Arango-------Raffael-----Hermann

Is :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. Or play LDJ at striker and move Kruse to left wing so he can do his patented cutting inside to score a thunderbolt with his right foot from outside the box.

I don't know why but Bentner's name being rumored too. I'm sure just media grasping at straws. One legitimate rumor is Norwegian Eikrem from Molde. He scored a nice goal at U-21's against England. Central midfielder who is 22.

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lets hope Xhaka picks up where he left at the end of the season,If he can move the ball and provide proper linkage btwn the offensive play and defensive play this Gladbach team will have alot of its problems solved plus Arango will finally get the necessary help he has been begging for ...we finally seem to have the perfect balance of young talent and solid veterans and favre is the man to create something special here at Borussia Park:)
    I think its safe to say we finally have the much needed depth in this team...am still not counting on LDY but if he comes around this new season..boy we would be a fun unit to watch:)

12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should be looking for a replavement for Arango too. I expect that he has at most two years left here as a starter. That may be why they are looking at the Norwegian kid.

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am more than happy getting 2 more seasons out of Arango..but make no mistake if he gets good support and fresh blood in the mid field to assist him...i can see him as one of those smart efficient mid fielders that can play more.He certainly has all the requirements for it!

www.fotobahn.com

14. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Between Kruse, Younes, Herrmann and Hrgota there's already a lot of young talent outside of Arrango for that attacking band behind LdJ. I think if you're gunna look for a young player who can replace one of your vets down the road it needs to be in defense where someone's gunna have to replace Bouwers/Stranzl next to Dominguez.

Kinda wish I hadn't brought up the idea of snagging Schwegler as he'd be just so perfect for the starting 11 a leader who's smart, capable on the ball and who puts in a yeoman's effort against it. Have him next to Xhaka or Nordveit and your attack will have class and depth.

And hans man, you're way too hard on LdJ. The BuLi is a big step up from the eredivisie and even though he didn't find his goal scoring boots de Jong moves cleverly up top and has a lot of skill, with the deep set of attackers behind him rushing forward I expect a lot more next year.

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe its the Huge price tag thats hanging around his neck:speechless: Nonetheless id love to see him explode.BTW i might have not been clear..nobody in the right mind can compare the dutch league to the Buli..am evaluating him by what i have seen so far in the buli..am just worried he is not the type of player to move btwn tight spaces with high speed...something favre loves to use as much possible and thrives on it...perhaps the new season and the addition of new players can provide the kind of space LDJ needs in order to turn into a scoring machine...am also worried the management may not be very patient with him if a good customer shows up!

16. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    News on Raffael and possibly a loan for Bendtner. Bendtner has a 3 year driving suspension in Denmark for drunk driving. Should I assume that carries across the EU so he will need a chauffeur? The guy is a bit of an idiot, it seems to me.

17. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Bendtner please no not him. I dont want him in the Bundesliga.

Raffael is a good player. He is dangerous but lacks a bit in the decision making to become a truly top player. It is a loan move (right? ) and he will help the team. It is good business.

18. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have skepticism over LDJ too. It is said his signing was not discussed with Favre and not what he wanted. He doesn't fit into Favre's style at all. He is a poacher, target man forward and this type of player is becoming less and less useful in the speed and tactics of today's matches. Haven't seen much to inspire from him outside the Eredivisie. I think Favre will experiment with Kruse playing behind LDJ in the 4-2-3-1 and with Kruse playing as the striker with LDJ on bench. Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Hrgota simply win the starting striker spot from him. I'd love to see LDJ come good and have nothing against the player; however, that signing has felt troubled from the start. BMG paid a lot for him and Favre didn't even want him. He offers little in a counter attacking set up. Maybe it is just first season learning curve, I hope so.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/b...und-bendtner-nach-gladbach-30796390.bild.html
    http://bundesligafanatic.com/scouting-report-nicklas-bendtner/

This Bendtner interest is heating up and it is confusing as heck. This is a player on huge wages, completely over-rated, a locker room mess and an immature mess. He also is of a similar mold to LDJ so I cannot fathom why there would be interest. Perplexing.

Raffael makes a lot more sense and Favre is 100% driving that one. He wants to get him to BMG. He coached him not only at Hertha but also at FC Zurich. It's just a question if the finances can work out with Dynamo Kiev. He has a contract until 2016, but Kiev seems to want to get rid of him making a sale possible. If too spendy, then BMG will go for a loan instead.

19. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    My thoughts too.

20. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LdJ is a lot more skilled than just a poacher, he doesn't have the speed and workrate of a Mandzukic or Lewandowski, but he's got the skill to be involved in the build up play and be useful outside of the box. He actually reminds me of a younger Claudio Pizarro, and has better speed than Mike Hanke did He just needs to start playing better the way he did for Twente or does for the dutch U21s.

21. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I dont think he's got the skill to be involved in the build-up play and be useful outside of the box. Even in the Netherlands forum in their U21 thread, a few of them think he's useless in the build-up play,he doesnt have good control and loses the ball too easily. He's a pure poacher and as Lamprey says poachers are becoming less and less useful in the modern game.

22. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Everybody who knows Max Eberl & BMG's philosophy, simply can't take the rumours of BLÖD & diverse other sources for serious. I dare asserting that there's absolutely no interest in signing him.

Said by whom? I can't imagine that our Sportdirektor Max Eberl signs a player for € 12 million without LF's approval.

I was hoping we could sign him after Hertha's relegation, but we simply couldn't afford paying so much transfer fee (in contrast to Kiev). It would be great to get him now ... but surely only for clearly less money than the Ukrainians paid to Hertha. If he doesn't come, we might go after Siem de Jong (if he's affordable for us).

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To cut a long story short..ill give LDJ till the start of the winter pause to prove his worth .With his price tag am sure the club will look for a good deal to get rid of him!
    Max Eberl might go down in Gladbach history as the guy that saved this club from relegation by hiring Lucien Favre..he will most likely also go down as the guy that signed the biggest bust in club history!
    I personally like LDJ and he has showed tremendous class during the time his been on that bench eventually losing play time by each game...but the huge hopes that where tied to him will never ever come true...sure he would get much better if he gets playing time..but again the key factor here remains unsolved..which was signing a killer offensive player that can keep this club competing in the top tier of the Bundesliga .Club management and favre already know this...the kind of hope everybody had in mind is not gonno come true on that pitch in the hands of LDJ.His huge contract plus the tough competition he already is facing due to our handful of young players which already have performed flawlessly in faver's system will also narrow down his chance of getting enough time to prove himself.Sure if he was signed for 3-4 mil's he might have been worth keeping around considering his young age...but again he has already developed in most areas as a player and playing in favres system requires a bit of a certain natural instinct and vision of the game... that you are either born with it as a player or not..i dont see that in LDJ sorry:(

24. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.ftbpro.com/de/reader/borussia.mönchengladbach/229128/transfercoup-geplant-favre-will-alten-bekannten-raffael?ref=twitter&team=Gladbach

Favre wants Raffael. Main hang up is Schalke have a right to exercise on him until end of June. Sounding likely Raffael is coming as long as Schalke doesn't exercise. Favre doesn't want Bendtner (no surprise).

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/lucien-favre/geheim-verhandlungen-mit-lille-30833932.bild.html

Some Bild fear mongering that Lille is trying to swoop in for Favre. Seems like a bored journalist on a slow news day: He speaks French, has made some slightly disgruntled comments this season, more money, etc. Likely 98% bullshit, but irritating.

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bendtner is everything the Bundesliga hates in a player...and defo not the kind of player that Gladbach would want inside his locker room!
    Raffael would be a blessing for us...hope we can snatch him:thumbsup: