Team News 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Jun 6, 2012.

1. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    So Freiburg can offer him a good salary but not Gladbach ? Hmmm...

2. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kruse will start today for the National Team! gogogo ;D

@timh: It's not about salary imo..

3. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    So Christoph Kramer is coming to Gladbach on a 2 year loan from Leverkusen. I watched 5 or 6 of Bochum's matches this season and Kramer was pretty good. Of course that's in the 2nd division. Let's see how he does in the Bundesliga. He recently turned 22. He is still young and developing his game. I think it is smart business from Favre and co. Eberl is hyping him up.
    He scored this goal a la messi last year

4. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Watching Kruse play for you guys next year will be a lot of fun. Such a versatile and tactically flexible player. That attack trio behind the striker will be pretty well stocked next year with Kruse, Arrango, Herrmann, Younes and Hrgota, and if LdJ still can't find his scoring boots than Kruse can just take over up top where he was brilliant for the NT against Ecuador. Love that signing.

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Amen to that:)
    Its great to hear that am not the only one thinking like that regarding Kruse!
    As for LDJ...i hope we can get a descent sum of cash if he continues to perform weak and the club decides to give him his marching order.Thats the most important thing regarding DJ

www.fotobahn.com

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And *that's* why Gladbach fans are a little concerned about ter Stegen. He's still a great keeper, but he's had a few brain f*rts this year.

Lahmfan repped this.
  7. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you made your case now .

8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Neat goal by Kruse against the USA, can the next season please start next week? :D

s7kru repped this.
  9. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    That really was a stinker. They showed the replay about 20 times last night.

10. Christian0910

Christian0910 New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Aachen
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I am really happy that ter Stegen "scored" an own goal. You should see it from another angle: There were rumors that ter Stege might leave to Barcelona (the rumors came from Spain) and hope that this doesn't happen by now. Ter Stegen might not be that stable, but he's only 21 and to sign a good replacement for him will be very difficult. I hope he stays in Mönchengladbach!

11. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do not believe that a post season friendly will have any influence pro/contra ter Stegen to Barca.. Personally I hope it's just media rumors right from the beginning. We all know the business but ter STegen isn't ready for a European power house yet. Stay 3 more years, then you can leave to Barca :p

12. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The article (if true) states that the transfer would be next season at the earliest (i.e. Jun 2014), as their current keeper is still under contract and wants to play for one more season--and ter Stegen needs more expericence. The article also notes that a lot can happen between now and then. So he's a target to be sure. But teams do not always get everything they want.

14. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I think it's just a answer about time when we've seen a new article about this. Probably Ter Stegen is a potential goalkeeper for the future, but I think as you said that he needs more experience.

15. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
  16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope Max & Co understand Stegen's worth and importance for this club.Id throw everything they got at him in order to keep him her at the PARK.Its tough to compete with Leeches such as FC HOllywood and Barcelona..but Stegen has a soft spot for Gladbach so maybe if they can work something out and convince him he would stay longer at BORUSSIA:thumbsdown::rolleyes:

www.fotobahn.com

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since we are now in the "silly season", I'm going to start a new thread for the new season. Move there please.

18. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I attended that game ... and when I saw that sensational goal, I thought "Hmm, not bad for such a beanpole". ;)

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He can use another 15-20 lbs..needs to beef up a bit:thumbsdown::whistling:

20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys--let's move over to the *new* team news thread. Since I'm not a moderator, I can't close the old one.