Team News 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Personally I wouldn't have paid more than 12 million €. Compare de Jong to a 17 million Reus, who was also proofed at Bundesliga level for years. Even with 12 million € Twente has NOTHING to cry for and would be paid comfortably. Fact

LoewenBoy repped this.
  2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Twente has considerably bigger stature in Dutch football than Heerenveen. Consider that Twente this summer sold 19-year old winger Ola John for 9 million to Benfica. And he barely had one season of eredivisie football under his belt and is a lot less established as a footballer than De Jong.

Also De Jong has CL experience, Dost 'hasn't. De Jong is proven against top quality European opposition, Dost isn't. De Jong is an international Dost isn't. De Jong is widely seen in the Netherlands as the next generation Holland striker, Dost isn't. That's not because he scores more than Dost but because he's a more alround player than Dost, and the Dutch like their strikers to be alround. Dost is the Makaay type, De Jong the Kluivert type, if you will.

Bottom line is though that Twente is significantly richer than Heerenveen, and that Twente is profitable whereas Heerenveen isn't. Twente did not have to sell him unless someone offered silly money. And that's precisely what Gladbach did.

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Of course, I agree. That's beside the point though. We didn't need to sell him and our chairman set the price at 15 million Euros net.

By the way, for the record, I quite like Gladbach, proper Traditionsverein. There's a lot worse places he could've ended up. Good luck in the new season.

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My hint is: € 12-12,5 mill + € 2 mill if we reach the CL group stage

The transfer isn't official yet, though.

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So I hope you aren't that bitter anymore. :p ;)

Thanx.

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know one thing for a fact, if its close to REUS transfer..we have screwed up big time,unless he proves himself as valuable.Or maybe financially we can afford to make such purchase & take such a risk!
    I have seen De Jong play..and i have to admit he does look and play like an all-round striker with solid physical power & presence.So far in general we have done much better in the transfer market than i expected:)

www.fotobahn.com

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Endgültig fix: Mönchengladbach verpflichtet de Jong bis 2017
    Das Tauziehen um Luuk de Jong (Foto) ist nun endgültig beendet: Wie Borussia Mönchengladbach auf der eigenen Vereins-Seite mitteilte, wechselt der 21-jährige Stürmer vom FC Twente Enschede zu den „Fohlen“. „Wir freuen uns sehr, dass der Transfer nun endlich über die Bühne ist und Luuk am Freitag mit ins Trainingslager am Tegernsee reisen kann. In Luuk de Jong bekommen wir einen hochtalentierten Angreifer, der trotz seiner erst 21 Jahre schon reichlich internationale Erfahrung mit dem FC Twente und der niederländischen Nationalmannschaft gesammelt hat“, bestätigte Gladbach-Sportdirektor Max Eberl den Transfer. De Jong, dessen Marktwert auf 12 Millionen Euro taxiert wird, erhält beim Bundesligisten einen bis zum 30. Juni 2017 datierten Fünfjahres-Vertrag. Die Ablöse soll sich auf rund 15 Millionen Euro belaufen. (ab)

He's presented at 2.30pm this afternoon at Gladbach. Both clubs have confirmed it.

8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    14,5 (12,5+2,0) with bonuses or 15 without them doesn't matter in the end. It's too much and imo Eberl shoul have bought someone else. Munstermann seems to be a questionable character as does de Jong if you ask me.. This whole story has a bitter taste all over it.

Spiegel is reporting 14 millions.
    Der Wunschstürmer ist da: Borussia Mönchengladbach hat den Wechsel von Luuk de Jong bestätigt. Für den Angreifer aus den Niederlanden legt der Club angeblich rund 14 Millionen Euro hin.

9. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Favre only wanted to get de Jong. I am sure even Huntelaar was bought for a bit less than Jong Kong.
    This sucks kind of. They could have got Guidetti but maybe since the player negotiations were going well, they were prepared to pay more.

10. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wonder after all, did De Jong get his share of transfer fee or not?
    It would be very greedy of Twente if they took away that too while demanding 15m.

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lucien Favre badly wanted De Jong ... and I'm sure that we wouldn't have signed him if we couldn't afford the transfer fee (Schippers & Eberl know what they are doing). Don't forget how much money we earned last season (not just by selling Reus + Dante) ... nearby we're already qualified for the EL group stage and have the chance to make it to the CL group stage. Max stated that there hasn't been invested any possible CL money in the De Jong transfer so far. We are a healthy club and surely won't be doing financially crazy things. Ofc it's a lot of money we invested in Xhaka, Dominguez & de Jong (I wish we'd have signed Raffael as well, but that's not realistic anymore) ... however, don't forget that these guys are young & very talented players with huge international reputation, so you don't get them for peanuts.

He was bought for € 14 million ... but let's not forget that he's 7 years older than Luuk.

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    What is his salary gonna be ? More or less than 60K a week ?

14. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    € 14 million per season. :D

16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
  17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    De Jong reminds me of Johan Cruyff...very similar features and looks...it even gets more identical when he is playing fast and during certain moves.The combination of his facial features..physique and some of his moves while playing....at least for me,it takes me back to when i was very young and used to watch him play..am surprised nobody has picked up on this!!!!

18. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Well... lots of club titles, none with his national team, while Germany dominated the finals... I'd be more than pleased to see the same from De Jong!:)

19. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a note. The Birmingham game was on Gol TV for NA viewers and the 1860 Munich game will be on Gol TV on Wed at noon EDT (but check your listings).

20. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    De Jong's got a nice girlfriend.

[​IMG]

21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Was a nice match. Clearly Hanke was missing up front and de Jong was finding is rythm. The first half was decent with a good bit of ball from both teams. Wet surface and rain clearly made it tough. A few good chances for both teams but 1860 was up 0-1 at the half. Second half many of the starters on both sides throttled back to 60% and then the subs came in. In the end BMG had their second string on...which was loads better than the 1860 second/third string, for obvious reasons.

The most fun was listening to the absolutely horrid GolTV announcers. De Camargo came on and one guy said, "he's a suspect finisher"...and I was thinking, "has this guys SEEN any of the goals he has scored lately???" Of course, De Camargo nets two within a few minutes of this putz saying that. Makes me wonder where they get these announcers and where I can get a gig like that where I get paid to misprounce names, be totally clueless and still asked back to do it again.:cool: Besides Congress, I mean.

Lascho repped this.
  22. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
  23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    You would have laughed...maybe cried...at how these clowns were talking about BMG. Heck, a casual reader of Kicker would have known more about BMG or 1860 than these guys. They were talking about Mlapa like he was going to see regular playing time next to de Jong even once Hanke is better.o_O The comment about de Camargo was priceless...then he nets 3 mins later. Footyfan, PanicFC and I were laughing our asses off at that one.

Good news is no one got injured. No one looked sucky. And no one slept with an 17 year old French prostitute flown in to the country illegally after the game.:ROFLMAO:

24. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Yuki Otsu scored the winning goal for Japan u23 against Spain u23 in their first game of the Olympics. Is he going to cut it in the Bundesliga ? According to the English media, he is the star of this Japanese u23 team. They said that before the match( not after he scored).

25. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yuki Otsu scored 3 goals in the Olympic competition ...

(great goal in the semi-final vs Mexico)

... so I hope he'll stay with us and proves his apparently great shape, even though he surely won't be a starter as long as Patrick Herrmann isn't injured. We'll definitely need every player this season (with 3 competitions).