Team News 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    May I just quote YOU from a few weeks ago with "we have to sell him immediately if we get 10 millions for him".
    Nobody can blame Twente for pursuing their best interests. But what if Twente and de Jong really had an agreement, and Twente just forgot what they promised to him? Looks like they're trying to get more and more money out of it; maybe their "best interest", but definitely no reason to blame de Jong for anything in case Twente didn't keep their promises. He isn't a slave to the club.

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ofc I don't do that (we'd surely try the same).

I'm totally with you. But let's be realistic: we all know how today's football works (blame it on Bosman), don't we?

3. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Der Grund für den plötzlichen „Umfaller“ von Twente-Boss Joop Munstermann , der aus heiterem Himmel auf einmal 20 Millionen Euro für seinen Star forderte, ist einfach erklärt. De Jong selbst will unbedingt zur Borussia und ist dafür bereit auf 20 Prozent der ihm per Vertragsklausel zugesicherten Transfersumme zu verzichten – eine Menge Geld.

Drohte de Jong-Vater dem Twente-Boss?

Doch das große Pfund im Poker zwischen Munstermann und Eberl könnte indes de Jongs Vater George gewesen sein. Dieser soll dem Twente-Macher die Pistole auf die Brust gelegt haben und ihn an im Vorfeld getroffene Abmachungen erinnert haben. Berater und Vater des Stürmers drohten mit einem möglichen ablösefreien Wechsel im Sommer 2014."

Can somebody translate this hard part?

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Ken is your man :)

As for this whole De jong fiasco...its ridiculous ...its turning more into a joke than anything else!

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He's now told Holland's biggest paper De Telegraaf that while he showed up for training at Twente yesterday he had hoped not to be there and that he 'must' go to the Bundesliga. All I can say is that he's lucky that Twente fans are a lot more civilised than Feyenoord fans because boy is he hated around my neck of the woods now.

I really hope the deal is done today so that we can all move on.

6. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    how is this De Jong's fault? Twente WANT to sell him but they are faking greedy. I read somewhere that Twente wanted 14 mil if De Jong doesn't take that 20 % money from the transfer. And after De Jong actually said that he doesn't want that money now Twente want more money.

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    How would you like it if one of your players slagged off your club to the media and told them he didn't want to be there? Negotiating is a game. All the player needs to do is wait and be patient.

8. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    how do you want if you were a player and the club says to you you can go for 14mil but if you don't ask your 20%, and after you say ok then the club says to you we want 20 mil now so you still cant leave

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The player doesn't set the price, the club does. If he wanted the negotiations to go easier now he shouldn't have extended his contract eight months ago. Twente SOLD a striker to meet his demands. FFS. The least he can do is show a bit of respect.

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The grounds for the sudden change from Twente Boss Jopp Munstermann, who out of a high heaven (must be an idiom) suddeny wanted 20 million Erous for his star, is simply explained. De jong wants to go to Borussia under any circumstances and is therefor ready to give up his contract clause that would give him 20% of any transfer fee--a great deal of money.

But the big pot in the poker game between Munstermann and Eberl could be de Jong's father George. He put a gun to the head of the Twente manager and reminded him of the arrangements made previously. The advisor and father of the striker can force a transfer without a transfer fee in the summer of 2014.

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    That's incorrect. Twente have a one-sided option to extend to 2015.

12. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    First preseason friendly: 6-0 at Velbert (Oberliga, I think).

13. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3-0 against Preußen Münster. Decent performance if the tickers were right. :)

14. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I've seen Lukas Rupp play a few times (mainly for Germany u20). I think he has a lot of potential. It would be great if Favre transforms him into a top player.
    Cigerci and Younes are two others who looked top class at youth level. Hopefully at least one of those 3 will take the next step.
    Which one of them do you guys think will be given more of a chance in this 2012/2013 season ?

15. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Doesn't sound bad. Results aren't really important at that stage, but I think Münster defeated Hannover earlier this week, at the same stage of the preseason, and "much better than 96" is quite okay.

16. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I'm absolutely convinced of Tolga Cigerci's future Bundesliga career; I think Amin Younes should make it, too; I don't know if Lukas Rupp is Bundesliga quality.
    Cigerci is on loan since last winter, with a pretty expensive option to buy next summer, 5 millions or so. He is accustomed to "Favre ball" now, and I think he will be fighting for a starting spot next to Xhaka this season. It's also a question of tactics; Nordveit is a DM/CB, Cigerci a DM/CM/AM; maybe we'll see Nordveit against stronger opposition, and Cigerci when Favre wants to dominate possession.
    Younes won't be a starter soon, but I think he'll get lots of sub minutes. Think of Patrick Herrmann in 10/11; the season before his breakthrough season.
    Rupp... I guess he will be a depth player. Some minutes, some games from time to time, but probably not a starter, and not a top prospect for this or next season. My guess is he's going to leave us next year.

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok guys,nothing officially announced on the club website..but seems finally "FC Twente & Borussia" have reached an agreement...so hopefully Luuk De Jong will be soon a Gladbacher!

:)

18. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes it's done. I am waiting for the transfer figures.

19. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What I don't understand is, instead of losing the opportunity to sign Hoilett on a free, why would they sign a certain Ezequiel Calvante on loan...

20. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hearing QPR is in on Hoilett.........maybe they knew their odds were dropping?

Oh, and maybe the French were right on Luuk after all !;)

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Twente never discloses transfer sums so you'll never know...

It's reported to be around 15 million, a net sum (he waived his own 20% share). Twente already have a replacement for a reported 5 million so it's all good, everybody's happy...

22. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That'S way too high I guess and your media is speculating too. All German reports say it's between 12 - 12,5 million € + eventually fee if they reach CL this and next year. With all bonuses it's about 14 million €. 15 million would be a surprise for sure and even 14 for the basic transfer would be more than most are expecting.
    I wonder what sum will come out in the end.

gl with Luc ;)

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well our local media have Twente watchers, and these are people in the know. They're all reporting 15 million plus bonuses (if you qualify for the CL). One local journalist even says 16 million, which is not so strange as the reports this morning were that Gladbach had indeed upped their bid to 16 million. Our chairman has made it quite clear, repeatedly, that Twente wouldn't sell him for a NET sum of less than 15 million.

But again, we'll never know for certain. What is certain is that you're paying a shedload for him, probably too much if you ask me.

24. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Oh and good luck with Luuk!

25. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Bas Dost who was the leading goalscorer in the Eredivise last season with 32 goals was sold to Wolfsburg for 9M euros while De Jong who is just a year younger ended up with 25 goals and is worth 15M ? I think it is too much for an unproven talent but if Gladbach qualifies for the group stages of the Champions League they will get a lot of money (and wont worry too much financially about that transfer if it doesnt turn out good).