Team News 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know where you got this from.

Let's be patient and wait up. If Twente isn't content with € 11 million + Oscar Wendt (whom they badly want) or Luuk prefers better options, we'll surely sign another good striker. I totally keep the faith in Hans Meyer, Rainer Bonhof, Max Eberl & Lucien Favre regarding this matter.

Btw: Lukas Rupp & Bamba Anderson are back at Borussia-Park, whereas Mathew Leckie & Elias Kachunga were loaned to 2nd league clubs. Nearby we extended the contract with Havard Nordtveit until 2014. Yuki Otsu is likely to stay, but will miss the preparation (once again) together with Granit Xhaka due to being nominated for the Olympic Games in London. That really sucks!! Hopefully our Spanish defender Alvaro Dominguez won't get nominated and miss the season preparation, too ... since that would be a little disaster concerning our CL quali games!

2. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Competing against Malaga wouldn't be a breeze either.

3. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Twente values DeJong @ $15 million. Newcastle dropped out of the bidding.

4. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    We can't be drawn against Malaga. Both teams will be in the "unseeded" pot.
    Definitely in pot 1:
    Braga, Spartak Moscow
    Definitely in pot 2:
    Malaga, Gladbach
    Qualified, but pot depends on the other teams:
    Udine, Lille
    Qualifying round before:
    Kiev, Panathinaikos, Kopenhagen, Fenerbahce
    vs
    Brugge, Vaslui, Feyenoord, Motherwell.
    The preseeded four teams have a better seeding coefficient than Udine and Lille, the other four teams have a lower coefficient.

I plan to visit our away qualifier combined with a week or two of holidays, so I'd like to have an interesting travel destination. Braga, Udine, Panathinaikos and Fenerbahce sound good to me. Moscow and Kiev would be okay, but I'm exploring Romania, Moldova and Transnistria before in my vacation anyway, so my demand for spooky Eastern European countries will probably be covered then.

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    GREAT NEWS !!! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Vertrag mit Lucien Favre verlängert

Borussia Mönchengladbach und Trainer Lucien Favre haben sich auf eine vorzeitige Vertragsverlängerung geeinigt. Der neue Kontrakt des 54 Jahre alten Schweizers läuft bis Juni 2015.

mehr:
    http://www.borussia.de/de/aktuelles...]=5383&cHash=87852dc7b2fd3cdb1a9dd3fe47937e50

So what will those "perfectly informed" insider assholes from "BLÖD" & "Spiegel" write now? :p

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    GREAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT NEWS!!!!:alien::thumbsup::alien::D;)

I mean wow...it was defo well with the wait!

Only something like this can make me smile a bit after are "Cute Girls" melted away in the EURO-2012 HEAT :devilish::thumbsdown:

www.fotobahn.com

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Figured this post might be of interest too you guys as well. The link is in Czech, but aside from the financial details I listed below it, it's mainly filler. The one other thing is that the players agent said that any deal should be done by next week since "The German club needs to have their squad together as soon as possible."

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Some British club forum(which posted the link),it was somewhere towards the bottom,not that important right now...if he wanted to sign by now it should have been done...am sure Mayer and Bonhof & co will bring in the right firepower ...de Jong just was an exciting addition:)
    www.fotobahn.com

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for this, but if you find time could you please tell us more about this player and strengths and what can he add to our team?

Greetz :)

www.fotobahn.com

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sure, no problem. This is the very quick summary that I wrote in a "players to watch" post on the Czech forum: "Tremendous left foot, great delivery on set-pieces (in addition to direct shots), very creative player, and good pace." He's a 19-year-old (though he'd be 20 at start of next season) left winger that was sort of the standout offensive playmaker of our 2011 UEFA U-19 runner-up squad (Chelsea's Tomáš Kalas being the defensive standout), which he followed up with a excellent season at Sparta last year.

As for what he would bring to your team, a lot of ability/potential, but I don't know enough about your current squad to guess what his immediate role would be. This highlight clip from the U-19 final against Spain is probably the best example of his abilities that I could find on youtube (don't want to embed since this still preliminary negotiations stage and it would be silly to have a video here if the move doesn't happen), he's the one that scores our first goal and provides the assist on the 2nd (#13).

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Really liked his assist,it was flawless.Well let me see...a clinical speedy "Left Winger".Ok that was easy..any coaches DREAM.And favre just knows and is the man to condition young players for big leagues and stronger challengers.Am sure if he joins us he would much benefit from lucien favre. Thanks for the fast up-date, we can use all the good talent we can sign in order to have some decent depth for the euro games.Thats where you can't win if you are thin on your bench without solid alternative players!

Thanks again

:alien::devilish::alien:

www.fotobahn.com

ASU55RR repped this.
  12. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seems Luuk de Jong is not coming afterall. It all became messy in the end. Eberl now has to be careful about his choices because he can't gamble on too many young players and end up brow-beated like Hamburg.

13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hearing that the Duesseldorf (away) match will now be played behind closed doors as a punishment to Duesseldorf for actions surrounding the relegation match.

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Oh he's coming. He gave an interview to a football mag slagging off Twente and has made himself impossible with the club and even more impossible with the fans. You're very welcome to the selfish, ungrateful little shit, we're sick of him. And you can keep Wendt, we don't need a left back.

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can't comment about the interview b/c i haven't read or heard it, but i think the boss is also forcing him to stay against his own will.There is something crazy going on out there..past 30+ years this is the first..what could be the hold up??Besides if he really wants to leave....the club should do so because he wouldn't show up to games 100%

On a much more important note,our best assisting player at storm..which seemed invisible during many games but was the key reason,the likes of reuse etc scored MIKE HANKE is out for at least 4 weeks.The guy had just reinvented himself last year ay gladbach..and was totally PUMPED for the new season...DAMN :((

www.fotobahn.com

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe a link??

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wish we could bring back a few players for this season from the past clone them and send them in....non of our legends to..that will not be fair, but the likes of id say Andrzej Juskowiak...he would perfectly fit in our system right now..lol

www.fotobahn.com

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Sounds like he might be the understudy for our "left playmaker" Juan Arango (32),

though I doubt that we spend several millions for a player who probably won't have much of an impact in his first year.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That would be a very good player for him to understudy.

As for the potential transfer, last update I read is that the clubs were still in negotiation over a fee, but slowly converging. Krejci is neither pushing for the move, saying that he is happy at Sparta and wants to win a title before he leaves, nor has he ruled it out. By contrast, he did reject any inquiry from Zenit St. Petersburg and Dinamo Kiev.

That said, my feeling is that it's about 60/40 that he stays in Prague for next season. I'll keep you guys updated if I see any significant updates.

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The photo does not do it justice,these stickers are EPIC.Great quality and perfect size...i just took a quick snap shot with my cell...i will get a good photo so you guys can all be the judge:)[​IMG]

23. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thankfully, Granit Xhaka won't have to leave for the Olympic Games ... however, Alvaro Dominguez has already left instead. Well, that's the kind of dilemma when you sign good young players.

I'm not really surprised, as I expected this. It's surely a pity that a derby will take place behind closed doors ... however, it's definitely a just fine for Fortuna Düsseldorf (I actually thought they would be punished heavier and get more matches without fan support)!

24. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think so if your boss suddenly wants € 20 million for him (I can't even see us paying € 15 million).

Sounds like a remake of the Heiko Herrlich (who once left us to Dortmund as BL top scorer) story. ;) But you should be smart enough to know that you rarely have a chance to keep a player nowadays if he badly wants to move (we lost 3 important players in spite of reaching spot 4 last season).

Interesting turning point...

Btw: Wendt can also play the offensive part (left winger). If you really don't need him, I won't mind keeping him as back-up for Daems.

@ Naz

Nice pic, but once again the wrong thread! :p

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Can I just put straight that our chairman demands 20 million. He does not. I'll give you a literal transcript of the interview that everybody misquotes. Journalist: "So you're saying you won't sell De Jong?" Munsterman: "We will sell him only for stupid money." Journalist: "What's stupid money?" Munsterman: "Oh I don't know, 20 million?"

Twente will lose out if De Jong leaves no matter how much money we get for him. A striker valued at more than 10 million won't join an eredivisie club, his wage demands would be too high for any Dutch club. For business reasons we will have to sell De Jong for stupid money, and considering that the ungrateful little twat has made it more than clear he wants to leave us, it's all pointless from Twente's point of view. You can't really blame Twente for negotiating the best deal though. De Jong extended his contract till 2015 just six months ago - just after we sold Janko to accommodate him - and nobody forced him to sign that extension.

I hate player power.