TDIF: MLS, Kraft Planning To Sell/Relocate Revolution after 2013?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by VTSoccerFan, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    au revoir

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep on topic please.

3. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. The team is an embarrassment
    2. Kraft doesn't want to spend money to fix the problem

Sounds plausible to me.

patfan1 and Rangers Rob repped this.
  4. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moving them to Queens makes financial sense for Kraft and I think it would be more plausible than a move to Baltimore. The Red Sox made $$$ when they shipped Babe Ruth off to the Yankee's and it didn't seem to affect them too much.

The league is going to get a stadium built and needs to put a team in there. The league once asked the Krafts Sports Group (KSG) to step in and bail out the old Earthquakes and KSG is an original owner. A move to NYC means you ahve to spend Red Bull type of money. You have to ask the question, " Does MLS want the Kraft Sports Group to operate the NY#2 franchise?"

a517dogg repped this.
  5. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Answer: No.

6. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Today has been awesome :)

7. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It could just be a little bit of exaggeration. Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised is Kraft sells after 2013. The franchise moves to Queens.

There's always talk about future expansion among MLS fans. I don't think we're going to see much expansion in the next two decades. I think when prospective owners want teams, Garber will point them in the direction of struggling franchises (Chivas, the Revs, even Columbus) and tell them to buy/relocate. This does two things.

1.) It tells current and perspective owners that there's a base market for franchises. If for some reason you need to sell, there are ownership groups waiting to take the burden off your hands for a lucrative price. This could raise buyer confidence as well as team value.
    2.) It redistributes struggling teams to potentially more lucrative markets. As far as TV, MLS Orlando could be infinitely more valuable to the league (if they can generate a state-wide fan-base) than Chivas.

8. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most MLS teams have brutally bad TV ratings. The kind of TV exec that would actually pay MLS to carry their product would care about potential viewers nearly as much as he cares about actual viewers. If the league were to move the Revs to Baltimore, they wouldn't have a presence in half of the top 20 markets in the country.

The entire e-mail is based on almost zero evidence, and yet, you're defending it.

Do you think this could HELP ticket sales? You think there are a lot of people out there dying to buy tickets to a team that's perceived to be headed out of town?

Because moving the Revs out of New England would HURT Bob Kraft's reputation far more than running a lousy soccer team for the next ten years ever would.

Yes, I'm sure United would be thrilled at the prospect of losing a hunk of their ticket buyers/TV viewership.

Because it's flawed logic to suggest that moving the local soccer team to Baltimore will make it easier to convince a city to help you build a stadium for a local soccer team that doesn't yet exist. It speaks to the credibility of the entire e-mail.

It's-A-Trap repped this.
  9. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With in soccer circles sure, but main stream media and 90% of New England residents it wouldn't even make a dent.

10. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm pretty positive the Revs are near the bottom of ratings in the league. So, losing that "market" wouldn't matter.

I'm not defending it. I'm calling your baseless assertions inane and stupid.

oh, you mean the 11 people who read TDIF. No offense to those guys of course. I appreciate what they do.

HOW????? hahahahaha This team is anonymous. No one will care, ever!

I'm sure they wouldn't when the new stadium was filled to the brim every night...

...and you told me TV ratings suck across the board. So, stop talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Who says this would only be made as a power play anyways? Even that blog post and email doesn't suggest that. So, you assertion is the only logic that is riddled with flaws around here.

11. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    it wouldn't matter to anyone, ever, except the couple hundred people in the SG's and a few other die hard fans. So, you are talking about less than 1% of the population.

OH THE HUMILITY! lol

12. It's-A-Trap

It's-A-Trap Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You guys are nuts if you think there is any truth to all of this. This is clearly some disgruntled fan trying to take advantage of the tense attitude among fans. If you guys want to believe it be my guest...

13. It's-A-Trap

It's-A-Trap Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Hey Kraft Out... you write any anonymous emails lately?

14. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Unfortunately, no. I'd love to take credit for that, but I can't.

Sorry that someone pissed in your Cherrios today. Must be a sad day for you.

15. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    awwww boo hoo

16. It's-A-Trap

It's-A-Trap Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Haha no this is actually quite funny watching you blabber on... Please continue :thumbsup:

17. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You got it!

Kraft sucks. See ya Revs!!!!!!

18. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are people nuts if they believe any part of this?

Plenty of cities have had teams move much more ingrained into the area the Revs are. If someone told a Cleveland Browns fan in in 1993 that the possibility that the Browns were going to move to Baltimore at the end of the 1995 season. He would have been told he was nuts.

Be wary is what I am saying.

ElJefe and The Magpie repped this.
  19. It's-A-Trap

It's-A-Trap Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    No, please go on about the plausibility that the Revs would be moved to Baltimore and how DC United would welcome it with open arms ;)

20. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I will, once anyone comes up with a compelling argument for why it isn't plausible. So far all you whiney people are resting on is baseless conjecture and the source being anonymous.

21. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the precedent has already been set for the area. Teams were compensated for the arrivals of teams. And this would most likely happen with DC United.

Baltimore Orioles--Washington Nationals
    Washington Redskins-Baltimore Ravens.

22. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    be wary? Welcome it with open arms :)

23. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about LA-Chivas? That's the most apples-to-apples comparison

24. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, but I am talking more about that area itself.

25. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Plus, the league itself has openly talked about putting another team in NY. hahahaha this whole argument about DC not wanting a team, IN ANOTHER CITY, to get a team as some sort of reasoning has to be the dumbest thing posted in this thread.

Sandon Mibut repped this.