Talks with Dzeko in an advanced stage

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by StuMCFC, Dec 28, 2010.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    zzz
    the mancity forum aint your typical world rivalry my friend.
    who gives a damn if juggernaut visited good old mancity or not.

this is a soccer forum, no one gives a damn about your trolling and nuisance on politics, anti-asian, anti-muslim (your favourite), juventus, ac milan, canadian plastic, and other typical duck manson bullshit.

you dun like dzeko, getta hell out.
    you dun like mancity, getta hell out.

go back to your little world rivalry thread and make a living outta the cesspool :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  2. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Respuesta: Re: Talks with Dzeko in an advanced stage

Just wondering Duck...So what kind of awe-inspiring matchfixing does Juve have planned for 2011?
    After failing miserably to get Dzeko, I heard Andrea has a new years resolution to buy 3 or 4 top-class refs instead?
    I heard Paolo Tagliavento got a Fiat 500 for x-mas (nice!), so that should really help you guys get to that level of world renowned treachery that the world has come to love and expect from the closest thing world football has to Don King!
    If, and this is a big if becuase it's in Juve's blood to do so, you guys spend less money cheating and more money on quality players, perhaps you idiots would actually be able to beat Red Bull and Lech Poznan in the future

1 person likes this.
  3. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well said.

Let the record state that I have been to Manchester, and I have had a pie.

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

It's kind of sad. Tought little American and Canadian kids, pretending they know shit and they've never even seen their team play. Really sad.

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

it's actually more sad that your dumb assumption proved you wrong
    i lived in manchester, finished my study in university of manchester, and watched mancity played.

i dunno about you, nor i am interested in your false ego over bigsoccer.

btw, your internet bills are coming, go out and pick some pockets while you are still in your thirties and healthy (if i assume correctly), the world rivalries forum isn't complete without your antics. :rolleyes:

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Man City isn't your team so who cares if you watched them played.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

OK this is like seriously boring so I'll leave you 17 Man City fans alone. Have fun.

8. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There's only 6 of us

9. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

The duck is just quacking..... Quack Quack Quack.

Click Click............. bang!!!, quacking stops. ha ha ha

10. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Juventus looked good today

11. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg

Juve fans still believe that every player in the world would looooove to come play for them.

You can't live off of past success forever, and it seems like there won't be any future successes anytime soon.

12. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Since relegated to Seria B, the team hasn't been the same. It's just bad times. Juve has a very strong fan base, and any team with a strong fan base domestically and internationally will always succeed in the long run.

You are correct, if Juve continues to struggle, pretty soon, it won't be a dream to play there. However, I am pretty sure Juve will always be one of the top four team in Seria A in the long run.

Inter, AC, Juve, AS Roma (in no particular order) is basically the Italian League.

13. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Juventus 1 Parma 4

Attendance:‬ 23873‎

I bet Edin's gutted he didn't get the phone call from the grand old lady :D

14. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, pretty clear we have a much brighter future. People throw the "history" card at us, with all their achievements (and their downfall was their own doing), but unless Dzeko wants to sit in the trophy room all day, that means nothing.

15. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    People that throw the history card out only do it because their present/future is bleak.

Honestly the only positive I see about going to Italy vs. Manchester City is possibly the weather and maybe the city that you'll live in, depending on where you go. But football wise, it's a no-brainer.

btw, when is he expected to finally sign? And what number do you guys think he'll claim? I say #10 since 9 and 11 are taken.

16. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's new fun thing to do at anfield

17. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Edin Dzeko's deal is still pending on work permit and wage demands I believe.

I looked at his performance in the Champions League last season. He scored against the Rags twice. Sure, wolfsburg lost both games and it's only two games against an EPL team, but I am a bit more confident that he'll adpt to English football.

I really hope we are able to keep Tevez for a few more years.

Tevez - Balotelli - Dzeko for league games and Champions League games.

Jo - Bellamy (if he comes back) for Carling Cup and FA cup games, also as subs.

I think these are good attacking uptions.

18. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Balotelli is as good as gone the moment Dzeko sets foot at Eastlands.

19. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I don't think so. Tevez wants to leave so Mancini will do everything he can to keep Balotelli.

20. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL sure, give me City over Inter or Milan any day... :D

21. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Ummm RSC and Ade are likely to be gone. Jo is likely to be gone after the season, so I think Super Mario will be around and Mancini will use three strikers, if anything we may need another one to cover for injuries.

22. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Get in!

-

Edin Dzeko has joined City after completing his transfer from Wolfsburg.

He has signed a four and a half year deal and will wear the number 10 shirt.

The prolific 24-year-old striker can’t wait for the new marriage to start after a lengthy engagement.

He is likely to make his home debut against Wolves at CoMs on Saturday week (tickets still available).

“It has been a long time that I have been linked with the club going back to last summer but Wolfsburg did not want to sell me until today,” he smiled after completing a medical.

“There was too much speculation in the papers but my head is always clear. It is important that is the case because if you think too much about what might be it is a distraction and it can affect your game. I was always attracted most to joining City.

"I am pleased to be at such a good club with such a big ambition as Manchester City. They were my first choice and only choice"...Edin Dzeko

“They have been playing well this season. I have watched them a lot on television. Now the speculation is over and I just want to do my best.”

Bosnian star Dzeko, who has most recently been on a winter break with former club Wolfsburg, has no doubt why he joined the Blues.

“Everybody speaks about City having lots of money but it is not about that. It is about ambition and I have spoken to coach Mancini and he told me ‘this is the best club for you’,” he explained in his excellent English.

“City are playing for first place in the Premier League and that is what I want. I am excited to play alongside players such as Tevez and Toure who I have only seen on the television and to be in the same team as players I have played against such as Boateng and Kompany.

“They will help me achieve my goal to be better in the future. I want to show the fans why the club paid the money for me. Everyone expects goals and I want to score them but most of all I want to contribute to a successful team.

“I don’t want to talk about my skill - that is for other people to judge. However, I know my quality and when I am fit I am not afraid of a challenge.

“I don’t know a lot about Manchester because I have only been once but I am looking forward to seeing the city and meeting the fans and getting to know everyone at the club.”

The hitman clearly offers Mancini a different option as a target man par excellence, cannot wait to get started:

"Everybody says that England is the perfect league for me with my style"...Edin Dzeko

He has scored 10 goals in 17 League games this season for the Bundesliga champions and was a target for some of Europe's top clubs before opting to move to the City of Manchester Stadium.

His signing, Mancini's ninth since the former Inter boss took charge of the team just over a year ago, will be seen as a statement of intent with title-chasing City lying second in the table.

Sarajevo-born Dzeko began his career at his local side FK Zeljeznicar and turned few heads as a midfielder. But when he moved to Czech club Teplice, he finished as top scorer for 2006-07 with 13 goals from 30 appearances.

Dzeko moved to Wolfsburg in the summer of 2007 for €4million, and made an immediate impact with five goals in 11 games, eventually helping the club to fifth place and a UEFA Cup spot.

His second season was exceptional. Dzeko formed a potent partnership with Brazilian Grafite, scoring 26 out of the duo's record-breaking 54 goals as Wolfsburg won their first league title.

A further 10 goals in domestic and European cup competitions clinched the 2008-09 German Footballer of the Year award. Dzeko was also nominated for the 2009 Ballon d'Or, won by Lionel Messi.

The striker, who was made a UNICEF ambassador in November 2009, became the highest League scorer in Wolfsburg's history with 59 goals in 96 games.

New teammate Jerome Boateng is clearly a fan.

“Dzeko has everything,” he praised. “He can shoot right left and can head the ball too. He is a very strong striker. He is a quality player. Against Hamburg he always played well and seemed to score, it was always a big challenge.

“He can hold the ball well and he knows how to move with his body. He has a good eye for the goal."

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/January/Top-striker-Dzeko-signs-for-City

23. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great news :D

I'm glad this is finally a done deal!

24. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member