Taeguk Warriors Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Another Japanese player to Germany. Man, hard not to be jealous.

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm no expert but it seems they get paid more (at least initially) and the clubs are willing to sell for .50 on the dollar?

If KBK moves to a good place, could be a wakeup call...

3. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    is KBK even on Euro radar? I haven't read or found anything legit on this.

4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If there are german scouts watching the j league, aren't they going to notice the top scorer?

5. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yes he is. he got interest last late summer when he just got into form (allegedly £2mil
    from stoke) and this season is one of the best players in the league. its a matter of which team, how much, and when at this point.​

6. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know how that feels. I had this "grand" dream of collecting all KNT aboard in Europse shirts (home, away, third, etc.). It is getting hard to do, especially with Ligue 1 not shipping to the US. Let me know if there are any shirts you are looking for. I've adjusted my goal to just collecting all the home shirts or at least one shirt of the player and club. Basically I'm looking to unload some LYP Spurs shirts and maybe a SKH Fulham shirt.

I really need to catch up on this season, haven't done anything except picking up PJS CL Utd shirts, only for them to get bounced from the group stages a month or two later.

7. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    hope it's not stoke

8. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    As long as vagabond isn't KBK's agent, he won't ever be joining stoke.

edkwolverines and Jitevra repped this.
  9. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lazio have one of the most racist fan base in Serie A. In the past, players in their own team like Winter has been subject to racial abuse. Further, players like Thuram turned down offers to join them because of the racist nature of their fans. Even earlier this ear, Lazio fans subjected Juan to monkey chants.

I'd love for Ki to move to Serie A. Would be awesome. Just not Lazio.

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    DiCanio and his fascist salute to the ultras at Lazio... *shudder*

11. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    it would be cool to see a Korean play in the derby della madonnina. napoli, as roma, and juve are the only teams I would join in serie A

12. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They'll tell you that's a Roman salute. You know, a cultural thing. ;)

13. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    wasn't aware of his accomplishment so I guess thats pretty nice. you would think but like I said it doesn't appear that theres much ink on an actual story here unless Im mistaken which of course wouldn't be the 1st time.

14. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ok thanks

15. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I guess the one question would be if that German broker would provide preferential treatment for one reason or another to japense players.

Anyway, it's very early to be stressed right now.

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not much outside Magath mentioning other interested buyers. Bild says that hamburg won't wait past a couple weeks. At least Magath doesn't appear to be pretending to keep koo like he's going with Diego (whom Magath said would never play for Wolfsburg, then loaned him out after more conflict... Then said that he's under contract and expects him to partake in the next season)

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/ja-cheol-koo/magath-laesst-den-hsv-zappeln-24197254.bild.html

17. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  18. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    from what i hear magath doesnt wanna decide on Koo's future till after the olympics

19. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  20. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    a korean centre back in europe? no way

21. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Since Paul Lambert/Norwich was addressed earlier in the LCY thread, I wanted to share this article that came out yesterday. It does a better job than I did on why I personally want LCY (and KSY) to play under Lambert.

Lambert is going to make it big within a few years imo. And I like his tactical and pragmatic but attractive approach. The matches that stick out in my mind from this past season for them are both wins against Bolton, the win against Swansea (cited in the article), the win last month against Spurs and the loss against Arse in Oct(?)...

If he goes to Villa, then by all means, I hope he takes both LCY and KSY. But if he stays at Norwich, then I wouldn't mind the double dragon playing there either. And for the purposes of the KNT, having the double dragon theoretically play under Lambert would be more useful than if they were to play for Rodgers imo b/c of Lambert's tactical approach.

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/7764083/Lambert-s-Euro-Education-An-Example

fiercejoy repped this.
  22. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I think Lee can fit into just about any club in the world at this point outside of the top five clubs or so, but Ki might not settle it for Lambert. From what I've seen he's pretty demanding of his central midfielders. Rodgers has a team that's moving more as a team which means there's less room for the midfielders to operate but more open passing lanes and less running required.

23. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Would Norwich be able to afford both?

24. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Are there any rumors them going there or is it just pure speculation?