Taeguk Warriors Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavDavFC

DavDavFC Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sydney/Seoul
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    True story. I guess any Asian regardless of their origins would do good for future transfers though I don't know why but the fact he's Japanese and going to a club with a strong affinity to Korea is still getting at me. The Japanese media will most likely blow it over if the move occurs. I can see K-Netizens and J-Netizens going crazy. :speechless:

Though I still see that once the so called 'Asian quota' is filled by Kagawa there wouldn't be much interest outside marketability + profitability. I mean what would be the point of having more than one Asian player in your team when you could get a Brazilian, German Spanish or English player who are stereotyped as being greater quality than any Asian footballer?

2. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/2011/12/26/is-luis-suarez-a-racist/
    http://latinosinlondon.wordpress.co...-the-english-football-association-says-it-is/

I agree that people shouldn't say it when the recipients aren't okay with hearing the term, but I'm pretty convinced the term doesn't carry as much racism in South America.

Also, just to make it clear, it wasn't in my intention to post that Suarez isn't a racist; the point was that when Dalglish suggested that Suarez's wife called him a nig-ger, I found it hilarious because I figured he was so lost in his defence for Suarez that he had let go of the intended plot.

Another funny story I read on the web the other day. A bunch of Korean students took their black American studying abroad friend to a 노래방 in Seoul and they sang Psy's 챔피언 together--the song with lyrics that are half filled with 니가's. When the black guy asked what the term 'ni-gah' was, the Korean students told him it meant 'you', and he apparently lost his shit.

4. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Lol...

But in all seriousness, I always use [네]가 or 당신, b/c personally, that's how I'd like to be addressed... I was taught to never use 사투리 like 니가... Sounds so low class...

5. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I'm pretty certain 네가 [read as 니가] is proper grammar. 너가 is the 경상도 사투리 pronunciation of 네가.

6. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Oops... I meant to type 네가. [Corrected on the other post] I don't use 경상도 사투리. The only 사투리 I use is 서울 사투리 for certain words that my family uses once in awhile.

I don't pronounce it 니가 if that's your point. Like most times I'll pronounce 괴기 instead of 고기, etc. etc.

7. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I don't know how else you would pronounce 네가 but there is nothing classless about 니가. If anything, 당신 is far more degrading.

8. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I just use the person's name and address them that way. It's impossible to get on a business call with someone older than (or the same age as) you and use 네가. Whereas it may sound confrontational, but addressing the other side (in plural) with 당신들 is something I can do.

9. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Anyway, pretty much nothing new about KSY other than this which says absolutely nothing new...
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footba...t-tesselaar-city-eye-randolph-86908-23861541/

and the same news on KJC...
    http://www.der-sechzehner.de/hamburger-sv-ja-cheol-koo-soll-aus-wolfsburg-kommen-12551.html

10. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    I hope Ki isn't seriously considering the Russian PL. He might get some CL if he goes to the bigger clubs there but otherwise it's impossible to get any matches on TV.

11. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    No offence but you are wrong. I don't know how you didn't lose your business with these clients when you go around calling them 당신들.

12. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    For the avoidance of doubt:
    A. I don't have clients. I am the client.
    B. I clearly stated that it was the "other side" - I'm invariably on the side buying a company or asset from the other side who are the sellers. 당신들 is fine (e.g., when discussing something like reps/warranties that are being (or were) made by the other side).

It depends on context as with everything in Korean, but it's a formal and neutral term to use. I'm not using it negatively like - 당신들 거짓말을하고 있습니다...

13. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I would like a link to that story, because that's pretty funny.

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I am finding this thread less productive with individual player threads and high potential for repetition of news / topic de-railing.

Could we rename this "Other potential transfers" or something? That way we can use it for players who don't already have a relevant thread.

15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    wonder what Guus Hiddink is doing these days

16. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ROFLMAO.

17. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Making bank in Russia.

Are you done thinking out loud?

18. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I kind of want to see a Korean in the Serie A ... hasn't been one since Ahn Jung Hwan and we know how that turned out ...

And Lazio is a great club to play for, providing you don't piss off the Irriducibli like Djbril Cisse did.

19. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

yeah, gotta stop that...thanks!

20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not totally KPA but why the heck not in the absence of news.

21. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Hiddink is making what seems to be a bi-annual visit this summer to do charity work, look how his football facility thing for disabled children is going, see friends, and etc.

22. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    would like to see him in epl.

23. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not to mention enjoying his private villa on Jeju.

24. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  25. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    looks like the kiyotake deal is done for 1.2 mil

wonder what this means for KBK im sure cerezo dont wanna lose their best 2 players in 1 summer