Taeguk Warriors Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    aside from that, his analysis during the WC games really won me over. He's a smart guy and looks to be a players' coach...wonder why it took so long for his players to wake up so late in the season to play for him.

and before sending JWH off on a loan, gave him a full 90 against MU...thought that was a classy act!

2. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    They played hard for him all season. It's just that they had terrible problems scoring until the last few weeks.

3. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    According to Sky Bet, Martinez is the favourite to replace Daglish.

4. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    They'd probably settle the coaching vacancy first before any player transfers are to take place, right?

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What is the structure going forward? Its still unclear exactly who made the final call in transfers in general over there between Comolli and Daglish.

6. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    I hope Martinez doesn't take the bait, wanna see 'Pool suffer some more.

7. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kagawa to Man Utd and KJC replace him.

Make it happen, I want an excuse to buy a BVB kit.

wetcrispy repped this.
  8. Devodians

Devodians Member

May 5, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It would be great if that happened, but he might struggle for playing time if he's gonna be utilized as a CAM/SS. Goetze, Perisic, and even Reus can all play in that role.

9. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I thought Martinez signed a longer term contract with Wigan pretty recently.

If they approach him will he be hesitant again?

10. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Did you miss your chance with LYP? I got the home one, but at the time I was hoping he would be resigned because the Kappa kits were pretty nice.

11. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And while we are on the topic of wishing KNT players to destinations based on kits, I want to see a KNT player at Celtic next season. Their kits look good. Too bad it sounds like Celtic doesn't want to keep Cha, and Celtic would want to cash in on Ki.

12. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Any news on YBGR? Some rumors last January but very quiet recently

13. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    depends if seongnam are planning to sell. he is only 21 so he has a couple years to grow i think

14. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well if he wants to play for a good team in Europe, I hope he steps up his performances sometime this season. He's shown flashes of brilliance but disappears way too much, especially in domestic matches.

15. Chupacabra1

Chupacabra1 Member

May 16, 2012
    Dying to see where KBK ends up

16. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    It says very little of what Lazio wants.

Randomized and koreansock repped this.
  17. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Dalglish was god-awful. Bought all the wrong players and (re)turned the Liverpool brand synonymous with the KKK.

18. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    fail on my part

19. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Lol

Unrelated story, but I thought Dalglish was the dumbest piece of shit ever when he suggested that Suarez's wife called him a 'nig-ger' every now and then. But as I found out more recently, the term 'negrito' does often get used in South America to mean the English word 'buddy' with no racial undertone involved.

20. DavDavFC

DavDavFC Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sydney/Seoul
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't want Kagawa at United. Physically he's questionable though players like David Silva show otherwise. I'd take Sneijder even if he's been in bad from since the treble win a couple of years ago. I always saw United as a club that could've been one Koreans would be able to have a long history with.

I wouldn't mind Koo Ja Cheol at BvB. It would be a nice fit though has their been any concrete interest from the German media in him besides Hamburg? :unsure:

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's very early. First the big pieces like kagawa have to move (who met with saf a few days ago). The first name mentioned with bvb has been Pizarro of course with the caveat that they have signed reus already and that may be more smoke than fire.

DavDavFC repped this.
  22. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    There are some people in the South who sincerely claim that they use the n-word with no racist intentions. It's a "cultural" thing for them. :rolleyes:

I think if black people hate the term (and they clearly don't like being called "negroes" by Spanish-speaking players, as the cases of Evra and Drenthe most vividly illustrate), then nobody should use it.

23. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Having a Japanese player at Man Utd won't diminish any potential Korean legacy at the club.

Further Asian success in England will make future transfers of Asian players more likely.

If PJS hadn't succeeded at Man Utd, chances are that everybody would be severely doubting Kagawa's ability ability to overcome his Asianness in order to succeed in the EPL.

We're all Asians to them.

edkwolverines and DavDavFC repped this.
  24. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I had already forked over a bunch of money for other kits at the time. :(