Taeguk Warriors Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    :rolleyes:

And with that, I lost any further motivation to respond to you.

2. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    PJS won't (volunatrily) leave because United is part of his DNA. I know that sounds corny, but his goal celebration against Liverpool and Wolves told it all.

Also, him quitting the NT was to prolong his career as a footballer. The other factors (appeasing SAF, giving young Koreans the chance to develop, etc) were secondary imo.

3. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    sigh :rolleyes: so much PJS talk...

4. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Yeup...if he's not pushed out, he's got no problem just keeping Giggs company.

5. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Prediction: Kim Bokyung goes to Manchester United if Kagawa doesn't go there.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I hope neither go there.

7. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Don't really care for the former but I really wouldn't want another Korean heading over there. Sick of those manure fans.

8. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I really don't want to see KSY going to the Premier League actually. Sick of that s##t. I know they're totally different players, but Kim Do-Heon and Seol Ki-Hyeon in the Premier League. Was very exciting, especially Kim Do-Heon (Seol Ki-Hyeon's story being something more of a tragedy) but I'm sick of seeing disappointments in the Premier League. Germany looks great with KJC doing well there and a lot of quality Japanese prospects. If someone broke the deadlock and succeeded in Spain, though, I could see the floodgates open. KSY is a technically quality player, it would be much more satisfying to see him be a sort of frontiersman for Koreans in La Liga (ignore LCS) and succeed, rather than trying to succeed by overcoming ridiculously hyped standards set by fans who have some freakish fetish for the Premier League. He's got the quality, and he's got the experience at Celtic. Move on. Preferably away from England

9. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Even if he ends up in the EPL, it won't be that bad as he's already fluent in english and won't need an adjustment period. Both, imo, big factors when considering a switch.

12th Player repped this.
  10. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    going to germany wouldnt be so bad. i think Ki does need to go to a league with other Koreans though. having Cha and the family in scotchland was huge in him settling up there

11. fiercejoy

fiercejoy Member

Jul 1, 2010
    what makes you think so? because both are creative attacking midfielders, plus the asian market connection?

12. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Other than the fact that he's a very good footballer, it'd have nothing to do with his abilities as a footballer.

Manchester United signed Park Jisung partially for overseas marketing reasons and enjoyed a lucrative return the past few years. If they are really looking into signing Kagawa, global promotion would be among their top priority. If they fail to land Kagawa this summer [and Park Jisung leaves the club in 1 or 2 years], someone will have to replace the marketing lost and there would be no better substitute. Kim Bokyung would be the Korean version of Chicharito, if you will. They nearly signed then completely unknown Park Chuyoung back in 2007 and they don't shy away from signing scrubs like Dong Fangzhou specifically for commercial purposes so I don't believe the chances are nearly as remote as it may initially sound.

13. moomoomoo

moomoomoo Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why don't we make a new thread 2012 Taeguk Warriors Transfer 'Rumor' Thread? This thread is so full of discussion with no new information.
    By the way, why is it Taeguk Warriors? It only refers to NT players :cool:

14. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Change it to geuk as well

unless we want to talk about Teerasil's future.

15. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Bokyung won't be going to United

16. mike5th

mike5th Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Transfer talk, by definition, is nothing but rumor. It's all rumor until the player actually signs a contract. Just ask PCY.

In other words, Transfer Talk = Gossip

17. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    there will be more news later we still need to see who stays up and such. nothing wrong with speculating

18. fiercejoy

fiercejoy Member

Jul 1, 2010
    thanks for the response. from a marketing standpoint, i would think players like honda and ksy offer greater value. i was wondering if you think kbk possesses specific attributes that distinguishes him from others - a skillset that fits better with the club's needs, greater potential, etc.

19. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    AC Milan are losing Van Bommel, Aquilani, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Muntari

would be cool if we could get one on that team next season

20. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    So in the aftermath of today's results, where will LCY be given time to get back to form and move on to bigger and better things?

At this point, I wouldn't mind if Roberto Martinez buys LCY and puts his trust in him. Moreover, after this season, I wouldn't mind if Wigan came calling for KSY and pair the double dragons under his system. Give them a couple of years before the WC, and send them on their way.

It's not Champions League glory we were hoping for them next season. But it might be the most beneficial to the KNT and their careers at this point.

21. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    thats the most realistic option. he lost year so most likely since his teams relegated he will lose another one. but he is still pretty young and he has exemption already.

22. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Ki Sungyong to West Ham for me. Plenty of talent, but lack of depth. Ki Sungyong can help in the department. Might even be able to sneak into the starting eleven at the start of the season if he can fake himself into being a defensive midfielder--the bullying one, not the deep lying one.

Lee Chungyong shouldn't have to go to a relegation battling club. He's proven himself to be more and he deserves more. Either he looks into another league [where there won't be someone to go after his legs every other match] or sticks around until he gets an offer from a club certain to finish in the top half of the standings. My opinion, of course.

23. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    LCY to Hamburg? HSV needs width under Fink's system. And now, he'll be affordable for them... Just a thought.

Open to more suggestions. I'm completely at a loss for what he should do after today.

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Arneson/Fink needs central players and won't have any money left over for LCY when its all said and done. Plus I'd rather not have too many eggs in the unproven Fink basket... nor do I think Hamburg will be much better off next year.

25. Ventilan

Ventilan Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    He should come to Benfica.