Taeguk Warriors Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    summer is upon us now. the idea is to put transfer rumors and news here throughout the summer. dont forget to provide a source.

there wont be a huge amount of transfers this summer but i expect 4 or 5 most notably Ki, Park Ju-Young, Cha, as well as rumors about Koo, Park Ji-Sung, Lee Chung-Yong, Kim Bo-Kyung, etc.

2. Devodians

Devodians Member

May 5, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Park Chu Young out of Arsenal is a definite (I hope). There probably clubs somewhere (hopefully in the EPL) that willing to pick him up. I think the rest of the transfer possibilities are contingent on certain scenarios.
    1. If Bolton are relegated, I can see LCY moving to another Premier league team if he gets an offer.
    2. KJC apparently has caught the interest of other Bundesliga clubs because of his form at Augsburg. If he thinks that he will be wasted on the Wolfsburg bench like half of this season, I think he can and will move.
    3. KSY has probably been wanting to move on to the Premier league for a while, but I think he also wants to play in the Champions League. If Celtic qualify for the group stages, I can actually see him staying for another year. If not, a move out of Scotland is likely imo. Aston Villa were apparently interested in him during Winter, but I hope he doesn't go there :)

Not sure about the others. PJS still has one year left on his Man U contract, and he seems to be content with being a bench player. I doubt that SAF will force him out either after everything he's done these past 7 years. I doubt he or Cha Du Ri will want to leave their clubs for one last hurrah elsewhere. Not sure about Kim Bo-Kyung. I've yet to see him play a lot, so I don't know much about him or where he could go, although I've heard good things (apparently he's been give PJS's #7 for the KNT).

3. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Don't see why Ki would try to stick around just to get embarrassed in the CL group stages. And that's only if they even qualify. Just worry about actually moving on to a decent league before thinking about CL ambitions for now.

4. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I hope that two or more of Gu Jachul, Ki Sungyong, Park Chuyoung, and Kim Bokyung land in the same club. I've got enough games to catch as is. On a similar note, I would like Lee Chungyong to stay in the Championship until the winter transfer should Bolton get relegated.

PS - West Ham looks like they are headed to the Premiership. It might be a good club for Ki Sungyong to join. [Not for anyone else in that list though].

5. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I heard Barca are interested in Park Jisung to challenge Iniesta in the starting lineup...

OK, this is total BS, but the Bleacher report will probably quote me and write a story, lol.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Whether or not you would like it, it wouldn't happen between the club's finances, LCY's desire to be in top league, and the fact that too many clubs would want to buy such a player for a discount.

Plus the championship is about a poor environment for LCY as any no?

7. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Everything has its pro's and con's; with many things there's usually an imbalance between the two but I don't think this one has a right answer. From all we know, there might be some top half clubs interested on seeing what kind of come back Lee makes in the upcoming 8 months--very plausible in my opinion. He can use the time in the Championship to recover from injuries and gain confidence facing lesser competition. Of course there is the supposed increased chance of injuries in the second division, but it's not as if Premiership was any easier on him. Every other match last season, he fell on the ground completely knocked out because someone went after his legs or body checked him.

At Bolton, he won't have to be making a recovery AND adjusting into a new club. Such can be pretty hard on a player who is trying to make a come back from a 8 months injury. I'm sure Lee won't hesitate the challenge if a really good club came calling for him, but why bother with the risk if it's for a club destined to finish in the bottom half of the standings? Even if he chooses to stay, and the decision turns out wrong, Lee can consider his 4 more months as a voluntary service to a club who have been very good to and for him. [Looking at guys like Park Chuyoung at Arsenal, Bolton could have saved Lee more than just 4 months of his career.] The fans will appreciate that.

And I'm sure Bolton would love to have Lee around even if they were relegated--he would be their ace. If finances were their worries, the last thing on their agenda would be to sell him at a discount. If they can keep him around for a couple of more months while Lee is showing signs that he has recovered from his injury--and as fully rested as ever--they can make some inflated pounds by selling him during the winter transfer. If Bolton tries to rush his transfer this summer, it might be a sign that they know something about Lee's injury that we don't know of. And by sign, I mean a very, very bad sign.

8. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Problem with the Championship is that it's actually a very hard league with its own set of challenges. For one, they have more fixtures. And the style of play can be very physical despite (or due to) the dropoff in collective talent levels.

I'm just hoping Bolton take care of business this weekend. B/c LCY is going to be in a predicament otherwise.

Btw, I bet WHAM would also love to have LCY in their squad. Allardyce does need wingers in his system. That and LCY has always roasted them whenever he's played against them. I can also see Wigan go straight for LCY if Bolton go down as Moses will get sold and Martinez does like LCY. Not that either prospect is enticing or anything...

9. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    But that's exactly my point. Why go to Wigan when Newcastle might be offering you a contract after 5 months display of successful recovery?

If Newcastle--or its likes--makes the offer during the summer, then yes, he should take it.

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I suspect that a bigger club than Wigan will be willing to take a value bet that you can buy a 7-10M player for a little more than half that and not cry uf they get burned. And I suspect Bolton would find the sum acceptable given the types of players required in the championship and the need to fill out more than one position.

11. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i agree with sock staying at bolton for 6 months till january wouldnt be bad but unlikely to happen. it will be a tough situation since his value is pretty high and he wont feature at all during the summer besides preseason friendlies.

12. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    B/c the risk of being (1) stuck, (2) getting injured and (3) becoming burned out may all be greater in the Championship...

13. Devodians

Devodians Member

May 5, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Personally, I don't like the idea of LCY playing in the Championship, nor do I think it's going to happen even if Bolton are relegated. To play well in the Championship proves nothing to the Premier League suitors, even for rehabilitation. If he goes down with Bolton, he might get stuck there, especially since Holden is probably going to move as well. He may well be moved along anyway, since Bolton will be in a financial nightmare if they're relegated. If a reasonable offer comes along, Bolton might just be forced to accept a deal.
    I think it actually might be a good move if Everton or even Wigan come knocking on his door. Both teams have good managers, both teams look to be in the ascendancy, and both teams need more wingers.

14. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    You guys must take football personalities as a group of blind men if you think Lee will ever get 'stuck' in the Championship. One way or another, he's going to be playing first division football by the end of next season. It doesn't have to happen so immediately [ie. during the summer].

15. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Which is why I doubt a club will let him go down there.

16. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Food for thought - Adel Taarabt was stuck in the Championship all year last season despite being considered the best winger in that division.

17. mike5th

mike5th Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Here is a story concerning PJS and his contract with United...

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2012/05/02/2012050201016.html

"Last August, he renewed his contract with United until June 2013. He initially wanted a two-year deal but had to settle for a one-year renewal. This means he will have to start renegotiating terms in the coming summer. It remains to be seen whether he can stretch out his tenure with the team for another year."

I trust Chosun as opposed some crappy site like Bleacher or Koreatimes. And that is the reason why I believe Park will be released from United after this season.

18. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Give it up. He's unlikely to be released this summer when he has another season left on his contact; he doesn't mind sitting on the bench; and it still makes economic sense for all involved for his staying another season.

19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think pjs would play for free as long as he still made the bench.

Corporation X repped this.
  20. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I never said it's what I think will happen. I'm saying it wouldn't be the worst decision Lee can make. Certainly beats going to Wigan.

21. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Park Jisung would love to stay, but not if he doesn't feel wanted. As long as Ferguson makes it clear to him that he's not taking anyone's spot in the squad but his own, leaving would be the last thing on his mind.

Completely different point, but I still can't see why he can't be making the kind of contributions Giggs is expected to make. It certainly looked as though Ferguson was grooming Park to be exactly that until Scholes came back.

22. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I can already sense the cynical laughters rolling in....

NTH

23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bolton stripped further of talent in the rugby land of the championship...

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Certainly it looked like it but the problem was that PJS was not taking to it very well.

25. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010

B/c if he had any pride vis a vis SAF and Man Utd, he would have left after the shocking Champions League finals snub against Chelsea. SAF has clipped his balls and made him into a Man Utd 내시.

Why wouldn't he sit on the bench? It's not like he's been a regular starter for a couple of years now. Besides, he listens to SAF's every command, like quitting the KNT as soon as he turned 30 just to appease SAF.