Taegeuk Warriors General Transfer Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's not about what they were it's about what and why they did it. They left because of competition at their club.

Ryu failing on the loan and coming back to Korea means it hurts his chance for Europe again but it shouldn't matter where he plays as long as he turns into a quality player. There's less room for error but less consequences.

2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That's only part of it. For a player with European goal or aspirations, the player itself has to realize any move to Europe is a huge risk. It doesn't matter if he is from University or had few yrs of development in K/J-league. It's a huge risk no matter how you look at it.

But this is the main point Skim (at least I believe it is the point) & I are trying to portray. Between a full transfer/contract & "loan" option, RSW chose the wrong option in going out on loan. If RSW really wanted to succeed in Europe, he was better off taking the 3/5 yr contract offered by Dortmund over "loan" option he opted to take with Leverkusen. European clubs don't give a "crap" about players who they have on loan. If a player is on loan, they have to deliver immediately & consistently. That's too much burden & pressure for a young kid with zero professional experience. RSW should have realized he is a "project" & that's how clubs will view him as. By taking the loan option, not only does RSW have to impress Leverkusen in such short time (1 yr loan.. but could be about 6 month loan if he is going to Asian Games) but he has to adjust to European football + new country quickly.

skimmilk and wetcrispy repped this.
  3. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  4. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  5. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  6. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Such is life as a Korean CB

7. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pretty much my point.

If Ki and Koo were on loan, we could be talking about why they never got another chance in Europe having bombed out. Anyway... moving on. At the end of the day the option will most likely get exercised if only for marketing, and Leverkusen is TRYING to get younger though with mixed results.

9. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    takeuchi repped this.
  12. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  13. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    LOL. The figures related in football are the source. Always so reliable. They lost me after they said Brussels of Belgium was interested. A second division Belgian team wouldn't even have the funds to pay him.

As for Celtic, they would have asked for a trial if they really wanted him like Hiroki Yamada is doing right now.

14. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't anyone in this forum would want him to go to Celtic.

15. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Don't see why that's relevant, but in any case there was an article Yahoo Korea on Han being approached by Augsburg, but otherwise its probably just bollocks for now.

16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #116 takeuchi, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013

Awesome! Join Freiburg or Augsburg..... he's a great fit in Mainz but would love to see him play for Streich of Freiburg too. Another talented & respected manager in Bundesliga.... although, Freiburg need to fight off relegation first.

HKY is free, Yamada isn't though. But yea, the usual... I'll wait on reliable German source before I go crazy. :laugh:

seolseol repped this.
  17. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lennon said that Yamada is up for free, but who knows. Only the J-League clubs know how long their players have on their contract.

As for Han, he will move, no doubt. Shonan Bellmare has been relegated, so he'd probably look for a high-flying J-League club, which is a less risky option and I would say more likely before the world cup, or a move abroad, which I think is less likely.

18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This could be his best & only chance to play abroad. He consistently said he wants to play in Europe and I believe him. As for HKY being linked to other J-League clubs... F it (except Sagan Tosu.. I absolutely hate the other clubs he is linked with). As for HKY's world cup chance.. it makes no difference he moves to Europe now or return to J-League.

19. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    If he stays in the J-League, he will be guaranteed of the playing time, with him already well adapted to the league and the clubs knowing him as well. Going to Europe half-way through the season, is much tougher to get game time.

Also, most J-League contracts are one year long. He can just move next season if he wants. Who knows? If Sagan Tosu qualifies for the Asian Champions League, they might have a chance at signing Han.

20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It makes no difference. J-league re-start in late Feb/early March. By May.. he will be with KNT. 2 month of playing time in J-league doesn't mean much... this isn't PCY situation. If HKY can join a Bundesliga team before winter training camps start for their clubs, he has a chance of easing himself in.

If he doesn't move this season, I don't see him moving at all. World Cup.. and Asian Cup in 2015....

21. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    There is a difference between those two. Besides Shonan Bellmare was hardly impressive last season, and I don't see why this is a must-move season for him. And which team you hate in the J-League? I know everyone hates Urawa Reds but that's about it.

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both J-League and Bundesliga would be fine options for the time being. If a good European offer comes along, take it - he's going to the World Cup either way. Otherwise angle for a summer move. It's not like the buyout will be much.

23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    HKY can't rely on 1 yr contracts. He deserve financial security...
    World Cup in summer, Asian Cup in early 2015... which means, his next bet to move is Jan of 2016. HKY doesn't have military exemption... if he doesn't move now, his chance at Europe will be greatly diminished.

If HKY has legitimate contract offer from Bundesliga, he better take it.

24. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    can anyone translate this article? google translate does a terrible job of translating korean

http://sports.news.naver.com/sports...&mod=read&office_id=076&article_id=0002440889

25. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010