Syracuse Orange Soccer

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by TheSpaz, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Between this season and coming into the ACC, Ian's got a lot more positives to offer recruits than in the past.

2. Well Duh

Well Duh Member

Jul 17, 2008
    having grow up with a view of the Dome....he still has to find a way to sell that nasty weather

cleansheetbsc repped this.
  3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I notice he's recruiting a lot of Canadians. ;)

4. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    Practically tropical here - eh ? said one Canadian recruit to another.

JoeSoccerFan and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  5. ksc7

ksc7 Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Club:
    Karlsruher SC
    Do you mean mike lopoyda??? Or are u talking about the hockey player guy lapointe???

yes canadians are doing well all over the country, its good to see some fellow canadians having an impact on the ncaa game. maybe we will have our own team shortly w/ simon fraser out west!

6. Bookmesir

Bookmesir Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant Lopoyda...sorry about that.

7. SydneyFan11

SydneyFan11 Member

Apr 13, 2012
    I read last month that Benji Lopez (RSL-AZ) and Jalen Markey (Sounders Academy) are heading there next fall. Both are in the U.S. U18 player pool.

8. TheSpaz

TheSpaz Member

Aug 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SU Advances with Win at #11 Cornell, 1-0

Senior Lars Muller scored in the 10th minute, and the Orange defense recorded its 12th shutout of the season, as the SU men's soccer team (13-6-0) defeated No. 11 Cornell, 1-0, on Thursday, Nov. 15 at Berman Field in the opening round of the 2012 NCAA Men's Soccer Championship. The victory marks the first NCAA Tournament win in program history.

"It was an outstanding, hard-fought national tournament game," SU head coach Ian McIntyre said. "I am very proud of our guys to find a way to come into a difficult environment and get a result tonight. "I'd also like to congratulate Cornell on a wonderful season."

The Orange was the more dangerous team early and got on the board at the 9:04 mark. Tyler Hilliard sent a well-placed cross into the box. Muller turned, and fired a sliding shot past Cornell goalkeeper Rick Pflasterer into the left side of the net.

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2012/11/15/MSOC_1115120732.aspx

9. TheSpaz

TheSpaz Member

Aug 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed that as well. Hope the good recruits keep coming!

10. TheSpaz

TheSpaz Member

Aug 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Orange Stuns #19 VCU, 3-2, in 2OT

Richmond – Louis Clark scored in the 108th minute, and the SU men's soccer team (14-6) overcame a two-goal deficit to continue its run in the NCAA tournament with a 3-2 victory against No. 19 VCU (12-4-5) on Sunday, Nov. 18 at Sports Backers Field. It is SU's second NCAA Tournament victory in program history after its 1-0 triumph at Cornell in the first round.

"Tonight was a fantastic college match," SU head coach Ian McIntyre. "I am extremely proud of our team, which showed tremendous character and resolve. We would also like to congratulate VCU on a great season."

The Rams recorded the first two goals of the match. In the ninth minute, Juan Monge Solano scored on a free kick from the right side of the pitch. Rams defenseman Dennis Castillo scored five minutes later when he converted on a penalty kick opportunity, which was issued as a result of an Orange handball inside of the box.

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2012/11/18/MSOC_1118125217.aspx

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  11. TheSpaz

TheSpaz Member

Aug 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots to G'Town in PK's. Great season though nobody saw this coming! Looking forward to more progression next season! Go Cuse!

12. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    good season; Syracuse should be proud - but disappointed.

13. TheSpaz

TheSpaz Member

Aug 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure it's disappointing to lose in PK's and not play for a championship but overall this was a great year for the team. Despite the setback, the Orange found historic success during the 2012 campaign. SU recorded 14 wins, the most for an SU side since 1986. Syracuse won its first two NCAA Tournament matches in program history, as it defeated No. 11 Cornell, 1-0, and No. 19 VCU, 3-2. Led by the BIG EAST Coach Staff of the Year, the Orange made the conference tournament for the first time since 2005, and hosted its first postseason match in program history in the league tournament's quarterfinal.

14. Bookmesir

Bookmesir Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a fair bet that Clark, Reid, Masur and the rest of the Big East coaches are not particularly thrilled with the notion of a revitalized Syracuse program.;)

15. Max F.

Max F. Member

May 25, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
  16. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Given that Syracuse is leaving for the ACC, I don't think they care much.

Libric and cleansheetbsc repped this.
  17. Bookmesir

Bookmesir Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thus, Sandon, stick it to me you have...with fact :cry:...ouch.

Atlantic Coast Conference...Syracuse is closer to the Great Lakes.
    OK...so Notre Dame (Indiana) is equally not an eastern institution and plays in the Big East.
    Worse still with Boise State's future football affiliation.
    I know with all the realignments going on this is not restricted to the ACC and the Big East, but more an outgrowth of one program (like Syracuse basketball) seeking higher revenue producing regular season match-ups.
    Conferences ought to be forced to change their geographic and/or numerical based titles, especially when they no longer are relevant.
    This is a progression from individual professional athletes seeking higher salaries and becoming essentially mercenary players to teams moving to where they see opportunities for greater "bank." And the "amateur" student-athletes will reap_____? While the NCAA and member schools reap____?
    What a joke.

18. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Yeah, they're coming to the ACC, too. (Except in football.)

19. Bookmesir

Bookmesir Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...because as an independent "national" brand, Irish football stand to make more money...

20. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Oh, I more than understand the "why" I was just being as specific as possible.

21. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Apparently the SID was rubbing one out to videos of soccer players, and other athletes, whom he secretly and illegally recorded in the locker room.

Roger Springfield, 57, a former sportscaster fired last month as the Syracuse athletic department's director of media, was arraigned this morning on four counts of unlawful surveillance for allegedly making locker-room video recordings of male athletes from the Orange's football, lacrosse, and soccer teams.

http://deadspin.com/5976193/syracus...taping-more-than-100-athletes-in-locker-rooms

22. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    He wasn't the sports information director he was the athletics media director. basically a subcontracted owner of Innovision Film & Video Productions who worked for Syracuse University with their video productions. Su's SID is Sue Edson. Now known as the Assistant Director of Athletics for Communications. Some weird stuff going on up on the hill.

23. TheSpaz

TheSpaz Member

Aug 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for putting this in my thread...

24. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Hey, it's the offseason!

And, it involves, like it or not, Syracuse soccer.

In the Penn State thread, we discussed Sandusky.

When Trevor Adair got arrested, we discussed it in threads about Clemson.

It's what we do here.

25. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You did start the thread with 'All things Syracuse Soccer'.

jays_soccer_fan and Sandon Mibut repped this.