Sweet FA Cup 2013/14

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DrHeckle, Sep 25, 2013.

1. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #1 DrHeckle, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    Big props to all 32 managers as we have a full squad of 32 teams, which did not look likely a day ore two before the cutoff.

I doubt a weekly update is much good here, but I will see what I feel like doing moving forward. A bit boring now this early on, but will certainly get more interesting towards the end of the year.

Opening Week.. and 14 Teams had a win, unbelievably there were 2 draws, and 14 teams are yet to open their account. The highlight here was the 70-70 Draw between Silver Medallists BiggerBoat & Keyser Soze Wanderers.... had the draw been kinder they both would have scored a win over 29 of the other teams ! Oh the Sweet FA Cup is so unpredictable ! :cool:

This comp is run on FPL site, and Table is below. This means that any Penalty Points you incur, does come off your score, which explains why ColdDogSoup ended up with a weekly score of -923... :D

It is 31 weeks of Head to Head play so you get to play every Team once, and get bragging rights over those who dish you on the Threads (Lobo gets his chance at me next week :cautious:). Then from GW 36-38 it is the playoffs with the Top 8 teams, culminating in the Grand Final in GW38.... enjoy it, and thanks once again to everyone for joining up and making it a true Cup.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/371157/standings/

2. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like this cup already.

Awesenal, Island Hopping, denoc75, Kopite Juniors, Aviators, Real Mos Eisley, ChrisSuttonsSlippers, and FC Weymouth are all on six points.

It seems one team (FC Springfield) is missing though, as Average is playing each gameweek instead.

So how does Average and FC Springfield compare?

This week: Average 44 vs FC Springfield 43. Both beat FC Newark (32).

FC Springfield (65) outperformed Average (47) last week and would have beaten Ben Giveth & Benteke (60).

FC Springfield would therefore also be on 6 points and Ben Giveth & Benteke would be pointless.

But I guess it all means Sweet FA.

:)

3. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Bugger! I saw 32 teams were in and figured we were all in. So Mr Average is back this season to put a dent in a few teams chances and he kicked off by giving FC Newark a FPL lesson.

Mr Average is the true cold hearted wanker, as he goes through the whole year beating teams on his whim, knowing full well that he cannot make the playoffs cause the rules say so. So if Mr Average makes the Top 8, then 9th place will slide up into the finals and banish MrAverage to the FPL wastelands where he belongs!

Denis Horan repped this.