Swedish Allsvenskan 2012

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by UFF DA, Dec 16, 2011.

1. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its great to be back ifkgötet :) I'm looking forward to the new season (as well as the end of the season for Bayern)

Isn't there a video floating around of DIF beating IFK pretty bad? :)

And last but not least, Welcome Back AIK_Stockholm :)

2. afca_mokum

afca_mokum Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Always a shame to see historical grounds disapear!

Think this will be an historical year when it comes to ultra passion when I read your lines! :)

3. AIK_Stockholm

AIK_Stockholm Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Stockholm
    Club:
    AIK Solna
    Nah, I find it very hard to believe that we will drop the anthem. It wont feel awkward at all - we're celebrating our history after all! Also, Råsunda is not only the stadium, but also an area of Solna that has a very close connection to our supporter culture, with all it's dedicated pubs and parks.

4. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg

Yeah, I know Ryan. It´s probably the last time it´ll be showed in here at Bigsoccer:rolleyes:. I thought Afca_Mokum would love to see it again. It´s one of his favourite IFK videos if I remember correctly hehe.

If only IFK could win the matches against the opposing teams represented here at the swedish forum, the season would be more than okey (Örebro,DIF,AIK,etc). I wouldn´t like the bashing from you cocky DIF fans if we would loose to You.....:( I will fill the refridgerator with beer to your visit. But for every lost point against DIF I would take away one beer.

5. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg

If there is such an awful event being registered I´m sure it´s been deleted due to moral and ethical reasons!? I think we´re just being dillousional about it. This has never happened....:confused:

Well, Bayern Munich won´t win the league perhaps, but they are still in the Champions League. And they´ve been thrashing opposition lately by emphatic margine both in Bundesliga and in the Ch. League.

Anyway, you Djurgården fans will have a decent stadium to 2013 to say the least:

[​IMG]

And here is AIK´s coming arena in the Northern parts of the same City. My IFK will be absolutely dwarfed:

[​IMG]

6. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg

Yeah, your absolutely right my friend. I know about the Råsunda area. It´ll grow even stronger as an Anthem. I´ve been to Råsund several times through the years, standing on the away terraces. It´s always an amazing collossus of an Anthem ringing all around. We´re always being dwarfed by your suppport there. There is something special about Norra Stå. Even the most dedicated away supporter will agree to this.

Good Luck at the classic Råsunda during this the last year. The stadium has seen many great matches and many great Legends.....

7. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Yes, Stefan. It´s also the last year at both Stockholm Stadion for Djurgården and Söderstadion for Hammarby:

AIK Stockholm:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNp7lY1BBmk"]AIK - Sista året på Råsunda - YouTube[/ame]

Djurgården:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djtmA1QJyzU&feature=related"]Stadion 2012 - Sista året, Bästa året! - YouTube[/ame]

And will Hammarby be able to create the same atmosphere at their new arena? Interesting to hear the Bajen fans sing Hammarby chants during the national anthem.( Reminds us about the Southern fans from Scania singing political chants during the Sw. Anthem as well.):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlW3zAvRB8k&feature=related"]Hammarby - Helsingborg 2010 del 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0X3Ar9Tmfc&feature=related"]Hammarby - Helsingborg 2010 del 2 - YouTube[/ame]

8. afca_mokum

afca_mokum Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    YES!! You can read my mind!! :p I lost this video and couldn't find it anymore.. Thankfully you brought it back in sight!! Thanks ifkgötet!!! :D

9. afca_mokum

afca_mokum Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    WTF both stadiums will be taken down??? That's a shame :S

10. AIK_Stockholm

AIK_Stockholm Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Stockholm
    Club:
    AIK Solna
    Can't see the picture, but yeah - Swedbank Arena is going to be massive. However, that is something I worry about a lot. Even if we top the chart regarding visitors to the games, it might very well feel deserted. I mean, we have an average of around 14000-15000 paying visitors per game, but on an arena that have room for 57000 people in the audience...

On the positive side we will get a section of the terraces without seats, for the standing crowd. "Norra stå" haven't been a real "ståplats" in quite some years, so that is a nice addition.

11. AIK_Stockholm

AIK_Stockholm Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Stockholm
    Club:
    AIK Solna
    Yeah, both Söderstadion and Råsunda Stadion will be gone. Stadion (Olympiastadion) will remain, but DIF won't play on it anymore.

12. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What AIK could do to make the stadium more "intimate" is to close off the top tier of the stadium and have everyone in the first and second tiers. 1860 München in Germany did the same thing in the Allianz Arena, they covered the upper tier with a giant tarps and made the 69,901 seat Allianz Arena into a 40,000 seat arena.

13. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    From what I understand this is exactly what they´re gonna do. They will cover the upper tier with some kind of cover so it will hold approximately 30-35 000 or something like that. So not bigger than Råsunda in that regard.

14. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF

Thanks!!! And for once in my life I'll be happy to see less beer! :D

15. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    This is what they do at CenturyLink field here in Seattle.

16. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
  17. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    2-0 win for Helsingborg in the Super Cup, a fair result I think. AIK showed the reason why I only put them in midtable in my league prediction earlier in the thread: they kept up with Helsingborg in many ways but in front of goal they just have nothing. They are really going to need Celso Borges to provide a spark in their attack when he's back from injury because I can't really see their other forwards doing it.

18. PaquitoMoncayo

PaquitoMoncayo New Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Cadiz
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  19. PaquitoMoncayo

Feb 13, 2012
    Cadiz
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    1 person likes this.
  20. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Thanks, Paquito! HIF certainly dominated the match, I only saw the second half, but it was clear who the winners should/would be. This was a nice start to the upcoming Allsvenskan season, very entertaining, indeed!

21. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Yes, I think this will do nicely:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg5dowovujc"]IFK Göteborg vs Djurgården IF 0-4 (2011-06-13) - YouTube[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  22. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg

Thanks Paquito for the whole match. Yes, Helsingborg continues where they left off last season. Steady play but not spectacular, although the second goal was really nice. Thankfully AIK didn´t win a title. This is off course not a very important title in Sweden. At least judging by the attendance. If I lokk at the HIF roster it is by no means a better one than for example AIK`s, but they just seem to have group of players with steady characters finnishing off games not spectacularly but rather effectively. I expect a club like AIK to perform better in the coming Allsvenskan.

Elfsborg, your team sold Nordmark to Helsingborg. He played a decent game here I must say. I still believe though that Elfsborg might just have the best roster of any team in Allsvenskan. Perhaps Malmö is close by qualitywise. Helsingborg lives more through their organisation and effectiveness. Do you think this could be Elfsborg´s year, Paquito? Tell us your thoughts on your team and the players you have Sir.....

23. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg

This must be some sort of bad science fiction man. I´m gonna dream ugly dreams now. Or am I already having a night mare? This was not very pleasant to say the least. :eek: I´m seeing Magnus Pehrsson ghosts everywhere.....

No, I´m still gonna whish the DIF lads in here a happy easter long in advance!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UPH3W1euJ8"]Glad Påsk Djurgården! - YouTube[/ame]

24. PaquitoMoncayo

Feb 13, 2012
    Cadiz
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm not from any team in the Allsvenskan, but if I have to stay with one, is for the IF Elfsborg. Sorry, but understand my English, I'm using the translator, speaking only Spanish.

In my opinion, is a team with a great future, if you keep the current staff but I doubt they can hold them all. It is weaker than the IF Elfsborg is defense. Following the progress of Jesper Christiansen to Odense, the club has signed Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard to another big Danish goalkeeper, who comes from SC Heerenveen and has played in all the categories of selection of Denmark. The defense is very weak, players like Stefan Larsson and Mobaeck not give the level. And Andreas Augustsson and Andreas Klarström you weigh the years, have 35 and 34 years respectively. The drawback is that when a team comes forward with a very fast, will suffer greatly. Instead Martin Andersson and Jon Jönsson, are large and very good central defenders. They have also signed another defense called Joackim Jørgensen is Norwegian and comes from Sarpsborg. It is a versatile player and can play as DFC, PIV and MC.

The midfield is what I like about this team. Jörgen Lennartsson, usually played with a (1-4-2-3-1), but with this team, ideally play more with a (1-4-5-1) FC Barcelona style, as though no player has Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta and Busquets, has players like Oscar Hiljemark Viktor Claesson, Anders Svensson, Stefan Ishizaki and Joackim Jørgensen, who have great ball skills, are creative and likes to play a lot at first touch, giving passes short and precise. If I have to point out to someone, highlight Oskar Hiljemark is a player who has a great future, you want big European teams and also Viktor Claesson, who has taken a giant step forward earlier this year, playing in the Superettan with IFK Värnamo playing 57 games and 24 goals ... to joining a great club Allsvenskan, such as IF Elfsborg and go with the complete selection of Sweden, playing 2 games and 1 goal. It is something to behold. Has a great future and I hope that these two players remain in Sweden a couple of years and enjoy playing at home. In the bands have very destabilizing players as Niklas Hult, Johan Larsson, Stefan Ishizaki and Amadou Jawo ... can do great damage to enemy defenses.

And finally, the forwards. It has two great strikers, including: David Elm who last season scored 7 goals in 25 games and Lasse Nilsson who scored 10 goals in 28 games. They are players who play different and that's positive. Besides, they have called another striker Mohammed Abdulrahman, which although low level can bring something different. And some bad, you can ask for help from homegrown players such as Marcus Rohden, Wede Street, Sebastian Holmén, Simon Hedlund or Junior Bangura.

Anyway, this is what I can comment briefly on the IF Elfsborg. Sorry but you understand many things, but is not English and I am using the translator. And if I put it in Spanish, do not think it entedáis. Anyway, there I leave my opinion on the team. This week I text on my blog about the beginning of the Allsvenskan, and you will pass the link on my blog here.

Greetings to all Swedish football fans, a big hug from Cadiz/Spain.

25. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Impressive knowledge you have ofElfsborg. A great run-through of the Elfsborg side. I agree fully with all you write. I especially like their midfield where they indeed have great skill-level. They ought to grab a top spot in the league. Anything else would a major dissapointment with all that potency. It says a lot of their class considering that they let go of a player like Nordmark to Helsingborg. Despite that they are incredibly strong in midfield. At least on paper.