Swedish Allsvenskan 2012

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by UFF DA, Dec 16, 2011.

1. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

I think this might be one of the best signings AIK will do this year. RBK and VIF have been trying to get him for 2-3 years.And im sure many others have called in their interest. Great sign from AIK.

2. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    I was a bit worried at first over signing this danish keeper since he's spent pretty much his entire career being a backup (which could mean anything quality-wise). But having read some positive things about him from Denmark today I'm feeling more optimistic. The number one thing seems to be that he is very stable and keeps an even level throughout the games which might be a welcome change after many years with the highs and lows of Pa Dembo Touray :)

It's difficult to say how well Djurgården has done so far this silly season since it's hard to predict how the new signings will perform. Oyal/Broberg/Span are all clearly big talents but at what level can they perform over a full Allsvenskan season? The only signing where you know what you're going to get is Chibsah who will do good work in defensive midfield.

3. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Oh, and I should also add that the big thing remaining to be signed for Djurgården are two forwards capable of playing as number nine in a 4-2-3-1 formation. I hope that one of them will be of the older more experienced kind with a proven record for scoring. However I wouldn't be surprised if we end up signing two young players which would make this season one that really could go either way even more.

4. AngeltoHenry

AngeltoHenry Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Red Bulls sign defender Markus Holgersson

26 year old 6'3" Swedish CB/RB on a free transfer from Helsingborgs IF.

Can anyone tell me about him?

5. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    He's pretty limited as a footballer (passing, etc.) but loyal and does his job. The Helsingborg director of sports actually called him his best signing ever. This was not because of his level of talent but because he was a player with only 2nd/3rd division experience who they picked up for cheap but still turned out to be a very useful utility player for the club over the last three (successful) years.

6. AngeltoHenry

AngeltoHenry Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Thanks for the feedback! Our team struggled a ton on set pieces, both offensively a d defensively. Will he help in that regard? Also, how is his speed?

7. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    He's definitely good in the air, at least in defense. He kind of has the strengths and weaknesses of the more "primitive" old-school defender. I also added some magazine scans in the thread on the Red Bulls forum.

8. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg

Yes, that´s spot on concerning Holgersson. Nothing fancy. Plays simple and is definately the old school type of defender indeed.

9. AngeltoHenry

AngeltoHenry Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Thanks guys!

10. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Well talking of American soccer players:

I must say that this guy Brian Span looks like a very interesting prospect. Seems like a likeable person with some fine special qualities. Big physically with good sound technique!? Good combination. I hope goes well for this guy. Is he going to be a winger or more centrally? The Djurgården right side looks decent though. Nymann and Rajalakso right?
    New goalie Jensen is selected to the Danish Squad. Might be some kind of trial squad for them testing some probable new choices to the upcoming European Champs? Ceres can perhaps fill in. Fellow DIF Dane Nymann praises this goalie I read though.

Meanwhile northwards in the same city (or different :)?) AIK are considering "buying" or taking over an african club in Sierra Leone. Interesting project. I heard somewhere that they are in some kind of cooperation with an MLS side. Is it the rivaling club to Seattle perhaps, UFF DA? Might further fuel your dislike to the Solna club :)...?
    Celso Borges is a fantastic new signing for AIK, as our norwegian expert VifVaf confirms.
    Antonio Flavio have been released to a chineese club.
    AIK are playing their last season at Råsunda. It will be an emotional goodbye.

Elfsborg loses a decent midfielder to Helsingborg. Nordmark is competent but never settled into the Haglund formation completely and had problems holding his spot.
    Danish goalie Christiansen is having a rather turbulent period privately. He wants to come nearer his children in Denmark too and Odense seems to be a possibility? He says he loves playing for Elfsborg and that it is a proffesional club so it has nothing to with that.

The tiny south eastern club Mjällby lost their right back Westerberg and are now looking for a replacement. Kalmar´s Emin Nouri and Öster´s hugely talented Emil Krafth are two of their targeted men. Mjällby will probably have to fill in some other holes in their roster too.

Stormy days in Syrianska according to the press as delayed payments is an issue irritating a few including goalie Frealdsson.
    Another question is the one surrounding manager Melckemíchel and his future whereabouts. Will he decide to continue?
    Louay Chanko looks set for Syrianska. He is currently in Aalborg in Denmark.
    Contracts are shortly to be disclosed concerning important players Barsom and Suleyman Sleyman.

Helsingborg lost Simon Thern to their rivals Malmö. Both those clubs are highly interested in the right back of Öster, Emil Krafth (as is Mjällby). Previously they had targeted former AIK player Markus Jonsson of Greek Panionios.

Midfield talent from Örgryte, 20 year old Jakob Olsson signs at GAIS Gothenburg. He impressed in Division 1 South last year. 12 goals and 4 assists in 20 games played.
    Argentinian attacker Guido Gabriel Barreyro is on a 2-3 week trial at Gais. The club is apperantly looking for an offensive player after the departure of first Alvaro Santos to Helsingborg and now later Mervan Celik.

IFK Göteborg was said to be targeting Örebro´s highly regarded (had a poor last season though) playmaker Nordin Gerzic. But according to himself their is no substance to it all. He says he´s happy playing for ÖSK and not long ago signed a 5 year contract with the Närke club. His rumoured trip to the second city of Sweden was according to himself strictly for other private reasons.
    IFK Göteborg´s brand new training-facilities, the New Kamratgården is now ready to be used. I´m prepared to say it is probably one of the more high class ones in Scandinavia.
    Amongst the 4 players which weren´t of interest in the new coach Stahre´s roster for the upcoming season three have already left. 2nd to 3rd choice goalie Sandberg leaves on a loan deal to Superettan side Ljungskile (north of the city) and offensive midfielder Drugge earlier left for local rivals Häcken. The third of the players Icelandic Bjarnarsson was earlier on a trial at Ipswhich and they are interested but are in finacial difficulties and are waiting for a decision concerning the IFK-midfielder. Incidently coach Stahre now says that Bjarnasson actually has impressed him in training so perhaps he´ll decide to try to keep him afterall.
    The 4rth guy is Faltsetas who have signed with his former club FC Trollhättan.

On the East coast Kalmar are interested in Viktor Elm hoping for him to return "home" to his native town to the next ransfer window as his contract is expiring soon.
    Nenad Djordjevic a serbian player of Russian Krylia Sovetov is also targeted.
    Right defender Nouri to Mjällby then?

As mentioned Malmö is targeting Öster´s highly regarded talent right back Emil Krafth. They earlier bought Simon Thern from rivals Helsingborg due to the fact that he wanted to play centrally in midfield rather than right winger like he did in HIF.
    Agon Mehmeti is presented as new player in Serie A club Palermo.

ifkgötet

11. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Very interesting! My two most hated clubs seem to be in bed together.

http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2011/12/portland_timbers_to_host_prese.html

12. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    That AIK thing sounds similar to what Djurgården did ten years ago in Congo. Although I don't think we owned the club but only helped them with some money and training. René Makondele, Yannick Bapupa and Richard Ekunde came to us through that club, although they only made an impact in the league after leaving Djurgården. I'm not sure that these type of things are that great of an investment moneywise.

13. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Syrianska prolongs with their manager Melkemichel. According to reports it´s a short contract spanning 1 year. Ivan Ristic, the veteran central defender becomes assistant manager.

One of the Elm brothers, Viktor of Herenveen Holland just bought a fancy house in Kalmar. But according to his agent, he´ll most likely continue his european tour. He hasn´t renewed his contract in Holland. We´re awaiting a decision concerning Viktor Elm´s future whereabouts.

Talent Emil Krafth is according to rumours favouring a signing with Helsingborg rather than the rivals southwards, Malmö.

Some decent clubs have targeted FCK`s central defender Peter Larsson lately. But now it seems as if IFK Norrköping against the odds are nearest to closing a deal with Larsson. Will they fend off Malmö, Helsinborg, Elfsborg and Göteborg....?

Former 2nd goalie at Malmö, Dejan Garaca is training with Syrianska. He failed to retrieve a new deal with the Southerners.

One of the Golden heroes for AIK 2009, attacker Ivan Obolo was mentioned earlier as a possible complement in the AIK roster to the coming season. But now as Boca Juniors are watching him closely, AIK might seem a bit more far-teched option for the Argentinian.
    Some rumours of a possible loan deal for Mohammed Bangura coming back to AIK. He´ll probably choose the continent I guess.

Celso Borges will arrive at AIK Stockholm soon. 20 year old Väsby attacking talent Bryan Massa are in talks with The Mighty Blacks. Assyriska Södertälje are also looking him up.

Former Häcken offensive Brazilian player Paulinho, now currently at Örebro SK is still staying away from Närke. He hasn´t returned and the rumours say he doesn´t intend to do so either. He is reportedly unhappy regarding the social situation in Örebro, but above all his playing position on the field last year. "We just want him to return and finnish of his contract at our club", says club-officials at ÖSK.

Former Hammarby central defender Max Von Schleebrugge might return to Sweden? The club offers from some continental clubs haven´t been acceptable it seems. We´ll follow this closely. Would be an interesting choice for Hammarby perhaps in their frenetic fight back to the top flight....?

Malmö´s Jeff Aubynn wasn´t dealt a new contract at Malmö. The midfielder was earlier put into connection with two Göteborg clubs, Häcken and GAIS. Both those clubs are now according to reports not that eager to signing him though. There are some European options for the 34 year old native Gothenburger according to his agent.

Not a lot of substance in the news coming in. Just old news that the news media is continiusly spewing out. Celso Borges and Jensen were interesting signings. I´m still waiting for some more signings like those. Especially my own club IFK definately need a central defender really badly. I would also welcome a technical central midfielder to the roster. Larsson seems to be too expensive as far as our Sportive Director Mild is concerned. He should put on the spending trousers. Most of their newcomers lately have been free transfers. If they want a Gold they really need some stars entering the squad. Although off course new signings, goalie Alvbåge, Midfielder Sobralense and earlier midfielder Haglund and defender/midfielder Salomonsson are decent signings at least. But perhaps not top notch....

So let´s keep track guys of what´s happened and what might happen (På gång in=On the way in, På väg ut= On the way out, Klara nyförvärv=signings, klara förluster= players out):
    http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/1.236...son_i_allsvenskan_allt_som_hander_i_klubbarna
    (note that some are just out of date)

Our new Facilities are nice though at least. I would like a lamp like that at home. Beautiful.......

[​IMG]

14. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Norwegian National Team player Kjetil Waeler might be on his way to Sweden´s second City. IFK Göteborg´s sportive director is reportedly in talks with him. The 35 year-old central defender played 7 out 8 games for Norway in the Euro Qualifyers (or something like that). The contract will probably span over 2 years. Waeler have been Captain for the Aalborg Superliagen side for a period.

I hope Ceres and VifVaf can fill in on which strengths and weaknwesses he has. He might be past his best but he is obviously rather merited. IFK needed a more merited player in the backline. Hopefully he will play together with youngster Dyrestam. Waeler could teach him a few things.....

15. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    For those in here (mind I say smart choice) who are IFK Gothenburg fans here is that blog in english where we can get an insight in what´s happening concerning the team:

http://ifktaktik.wordpress.com/

As I wrote, Aalborg´s Captain Waehler, a Norwegian NT player is the latest newcomer to the side. It is expected that a central midfielder will also be signed very soon....

16. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That is a very nice looking dressing room :D The one thing I'd change is the location of the Club Crest. I think it would look better if it on was the wall instead of on the ceiling.

17. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
  18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hey all, I'm doing a profile article about the Swedish national team for the Euro and I would appreciate if you can give me short review regarding the Swedish coach, Erik Hamren. What kind of strategy he likes, his favorite formation, what his caracter as a coach, something like that. Thank a lot.

19. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    He plays 4-2-3-1 with the national team and I believe the same with his previous clubs. His aim is to play a much more attacking style with short passing compared to the previous national team coach. However when it came down to it in the euro qualifiers he reverted back to the old traditional defensive style which did end up getting the results to qualify. His character is that of a "feelgood-manager" in that he puts alot of effort into the players being happy and coming together as a team. I would say that he almost has hippie-like personality traits.

20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thank you very much, that was very helpful. :)

21. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    It´s looking good on paper for IFK. They´ve just signed Gerzic the central midfielder from Örebro and also the 31 year old central midf. Pontus Farnerud from Stabeak. Earlier they bought the norwegian Waehler from Aalborg, Denmark. I hope this all works out fine and that we won´t see a big bubble bursting. All in from Real Gothenburg.

Edit: I forgot to mention Alvbåge and Sobralense, Salomonsson and Haglund from mid season last year.

Finally Sports Director Mild has put his spending trousers on. Add to all this the new expensive training facilities at Kamratgården. Where do they get all the extra money from....!?

The down side might be then that talents raised in the club is waisted. Like Bärkroth for example who left for Benfica......

[​IMG]

22. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Gerzic was a good player for Örebro and he will be missed, but the side is really full in midfield. We've been selling and have money from that. No idea yet, however, what the actual play will look like having given up so many key players since the beginning of last season. This is looking like a transitional season to me and I can't even begin to predict where ÖSK will end up in the final table results.

23. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Grahn is signed over from Mjällby. He is seen as a replacement for Gerzic. Grahn is full of confidence judging by his comments. He has leadership qualities. Cocky in character. Good passer of the ball. Technical skills. A bit erratic in character in the past. Let´s see if he could lift Örebro.

ÖSK is a club in transition just like IFK. They need a new direction. This might be a good start with Grahn. They also need to sort out the organisation better. A more clearcut leadership. A club with big potential no doubt.....

I still feel Borges to AIK Stockholm is the top signing thus far in Allsvenskan afterall.

24. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Sobralense scoring for IFK in the win against Rosenborg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8aEfPmCmheA

To the next game central midfielder Gerzic will also be elidgable. Soon Farnerud will make his entrance too. The IFK midfield looks exciting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBod7Ugz_7o&feature=g-all-u&context=G20b7218FAAAAAAAAMAA"]Nu är Nordin klar - YouTube[/ame]

25. PaquitoMoncayo

PaquitoMoncayo New Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Cadiz
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hello my name Paquito Moncayo and I'm from Spain. I would like to ask help on a topic. Does anyone on the forum, the parties could get me every day of the Allsvenskan? Any website or to see the games live? Is that I have been searching the internet and I could not find anything, and I appreciate it, really. By the way, I have a blog about the Allsvenskan league in Spanish, if you are interested, leave the link here: http://allsvenskanmoncayo.blogspot.com/ Follow me on Twitter: @PaquitoMoncayo

thank you very much!!!! :D