PBP: Sweden vs England: June 15 - NSC Olimpiyskiy [R]

Discussion in 'Group D - Ukraine, Sweden, France, England' started by JaredSS07, Jun 12, 2012.

1. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not a deflection.

2. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seriously?

Sweden are worse than England.

3. federicobeatle

Jun 12, 2012
    England
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Still not convinced by England, Sweden really only have Ibrahimovic as a star player and England should not have taken two goals.

4. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As crazy exciting as the second half and comeback goals were, I thought England played rather well in the first half.

The looked positive and were trying to create. The one thing they could have really used was a technically adept, visionary player in the final third -- which they should have in the final group match. And he'll be well rested and well coiffed.

5. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Were you even watching the same game?

I bet you're Scottish.

6. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    sweden played nicer football,

gtfo i aint scottish, yes i was watching, are you going to say england played nice football? or better football than sweden? if sweden had nicked 2 flukey goals in injury time everyone would be saying how poor england were because thats, exactly what the coms were saying at 2-1, they did well to win but generally look poor, technicaly sweden looked better

edit, your name says it all!

7. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lol I was sure England scored 3 great goals and both Sweden's goals were incredibly scrappy. Nice football indeed. oh well

8. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    England scored 3 fantastic goals, had more shots on target, and more possession.

Not to mention they should have buried it at the end.

Are you related to Stevie Wonder?

9. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think people are blinded by Englands shitiness (I say this as an england fan) to think even shitter teams are better than they are.

10. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    does that translate to england playing the nicer football? no it doesnt, clearly you are one of those guys who watch football with statistics, sweden looked the more quality team, they passed the ball nicely, england did not, you can tell me how many shits gerrard had at half time but it wont change the fact sweden were much easier on the eye!

im not saying sweden are great btw, just that i'd rather see sweden go through than a team who play worse football than them

11. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ha!

12. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes. I knew no matter how shit England can be, Sweden are a shit version of England and play even worse football.

13. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Things are going well for Les Bleus *rubs hands*:sneaky:
    They get to play Sweden who are already out in the final game and they send a very pissed off Ukraine against England !

14. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Zlatan claims Sweden were the better team. Arrogant as ever.

15. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    And clearly you're blinded by your anti English complex, which incidently is now an official religion.
    Yes, England played average football but to say Sweden played better football is pure bitter nonsense.

England played higher up the pitch than Sweden, they also played with two strikers leading the line and more width with more possession and more control of the game except during the first 10-15 minutes of the second half.
    At what point does crowding the midfield in your own half equal playing better football?

16. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Every man and his dog loves to see England lose, even in Britain.

That's one reason I enjoy supporting England. All the frustation is worth it when they piss people off by winning.

17. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    bare in mind thats in relation to englands play, thats how poor the football on display was, even if it was an exciting game

in the 2nd half sweden passed the ball around better than england, thats what happened no matter what you think, thats doesn mena sweden were great, also wtf would i be bitter about england? have england won 4 world cups? no they havent, they've won 1 game against a poor swesden team and im supposed to be bitter lol, the majority of england fans are saying england played kick and rush, yet you seam to be portraying that england played sexy soccer as ruud gullit calls it,

hahahaha bitter, thats a fcuking great one

18. HCtigers

HCtigers New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    Hull City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Better be well-coiffed if it's someone else's hair you're using! :)

19. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    haha

I think I hit a nerve there.
    Just couldn't imagine you posting this on the Greek forum, lol.

20. federicobeatle

Jun 12, 2012
    England
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Swedish football is like their Ikea furniture: It looks good at first but soon it falls apart

21. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Spain have not won 4 World Cups either, how is that relevant?

England scored 3 of the best goals in the competition in one game. I don't see any kick and rush there.

Sweden played well for 20 minutes. England played better for 70