Swansea v Everton, 24 March [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Rocket, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else watch this match?

Everton struggled to get any attack going in the first half, and had no shots on goal, IIRC.

But the 2nd half was an entirely different story. That was probably our best half of play of the entire season, and the Toffees looked positively Arsenal-like in the way they moved the ball around to create scoring chances.

Peanut had a brilliant game, and was Man of the Match, IMHO. Though Baines and Jags were superb as well. In fact, I can't think of a single Everton player who had an off-day.

If we can somehow play that well vs. Man United in a month's time, I think we could even manage a win at Old Trafford.

2. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, Rocket - didn't get to see it - it's near the end of the ski season here so we're trying to get in as many days as possible. It does sound like a tale of two halves - so what was said at half time in the locker room?

Moyes: I canna believe this match is a flippin' draw! For f^@&'s sake pull your heads out, win the ball, pass the ball and shoot! (said in thick Scottish brogue that no words come through, but the emotion is clear.)

3. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw up til the 70th ish. Was happy to get home and see we had won but honestly I'm more interested/worried/omgweneedtowin tomorrow's match!

This season hasn't really had much to cheer about. It seems to dragging a lot of fans down (me included) but I guess looking at the table and points we could def rise to respectable 7th or 8th finish and if we get through tomorrow we are wembley bound!!! Don't want to get too excited though :( can't handle it if I get my hopes up and then they are crushed.

I'll try to get sneaky stream up at work tomorrow to watch and here's hoping whatever was said at sat. HT is said throughout the match tomoz! COYB