Swansea City vs SSC Napoli Uefa Europa League 1st leg

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, Feb 15, 2014.

1. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I believe CLASSY was the word.

2. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Only positive from yesterday. Both our goalies were amazing.

3. El-Diego

El-Diego Member

May 23, 2007
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Once Albiol was ruled out I think Rafa basically decided that it was more important not to concede than it was to score. Hence him putting Reveillere in rather than Ghoulam, to add experience to a backline that had never played together and contained Henrique making his first start. It's hard to argue with his logic to be fair.

Dzemaili and Inler looked like they had been instructed to sit and try to block the space in front of the defence, they were waiting for the opposition to come to them rather than pressing them. Presumably this was to add extra protection to Britos/Henrique and to cut off quality ball to Bony.
    Contrast this to the Arsenal game in the San Paolo where Behrami and Dzemaili were closing down the opposition midfield swiftly and not giving them any time on the ball around the half way line.

The problem then was with Inler and Dzemaili sitting deep, there was a disconnect between the forward unit and the defensive unit. Hamsik and Higuain seemed to rotate, with Hamsik often being further forward than Higuain. Hamsik really should have been playing around the centre circle but he was mostly 10-20 yards ahead of that.
    Once this disconnect develops and you already have a defence that isn't comfortable playing the ball around, you inevitably get aimless long balls forward and misplaced passes to the wings.

Looking at the big picture I think that we have reason to be happier about last night than Swansea do. They would have left the stadium feeling that they left a really good chance behind them. Performance means very little without the result and a 0-0 away in Europe is still a good result for us.

AzzurriBr repped this.
  4. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I recorded the game and watched it late last night.
    I have to say, we didn't look good at all but we pulled off a scoreless draw, away with the back line that everyone was shitting over.
    Great result.
    Now back to Napoli :D

Oh and a big ******** you to Roma.
    I read that article. those people must be inbred.

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Very bad game, but we should all relax a little.

Rafa did right, resting couple of players, CL qualification is more important.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Very bad game, but we should all relax a little.

Rafa did right, resting couple of players, CL qualification is more important.

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We are never going to win anything then....

8. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lol

9. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roma badge for next season:
    [​IMG]

el napulitan and elvesuvio repped this.
  10. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    not enough wolf tits

11. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    this performance was the same as the games against psv and plezn, games in which we were humiliated, only diference this time is rafeal and reina prevented a humilation, i cant grasp why these players think so many half assed performances is acceptable, we will not even get to the final with another perfomance like this.
    its bad enough roma fans showing us how ridiculous they are but do they really have to let the whole world see it too! also i like how the guy points it out to him in no uncetain terms that its racist

elvesuvio repped this.
  12. mcnulty

mcnulty Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Swansea had a right go at us today started without Canos and Pablo who were brought on later. We won 4-3 but we had a 2 goal lead which they fought back to 2-2 and then came back again to make it 3-3 they certainly are confident at the moment.

We have had 2 hard games against then 2-2 away where they battered us and now the 4-3 at home you will have to work for the win on Thursday that is for sure if they play like they have in the last two games.

13. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    this is called napoli resurectus, every team that is going through a tough period is always resurected by napoli,

#truestory

Back2NY repped this.
  14. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    we keep worthless teams in Serie A for years... Bologna, Chievo, etc.

el napulitan repped this.
  15. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    apparently this is the rafa special, get a 0-0 on the road then wallop them at home, I'm looking at his results in these cup games and they seem to be really low scoring affairs when his side are away from home, then they seem to wallop them when they are at home.

Hope that's the case here!

16. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pandev brace. Bet on it.

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+