Superleague 2011/12

Discussion in 'Austria & Switzerland' started by magicgam1, Jun 5, 2011.

1. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is what I had remembered. I wonder if a small group of fans got under his skin. In that case, ban the fans. There is no place in soccer or life for this.

2. magicgam1

magicgam1 Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Lausanne
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    there is a problem in Switzerland with hooligans...

the current way it's handled has proven not to be the right way, but SFL won't change it's 'soft approach' position. At least the cantons have decided to act on their own as they couldn't agree with SFL on a tougher handling. So, the cantons could decide now for example that Zurich-Basel is not going to take place for security reasons but this can't be the solution.

but the main problem is that the law in Switzerland has become softer again, there is not enough police all over the country and the prisons are overcrowded

the security in the stadium should be assured by a few security people usually private and the clubs are responsible for the security in and around the stadium. The cantons are pissed off because they have to spend a huge amount of money for the security from the stadium to the railway station etc. The national railways are pissed off, because trains get damaged and there is a lot of damage in and around the stations...

at one point you have to take the decision like in England or Germany in the past to be much more restrictive. Let the police (cantons) take over the security in the stadium. If no pyros and no flags etc are allowed in the stadium and the police is arresting the hools, then it can be solved.

Why does the SFL fear that less fans are coming in the stadium? In England and Germany the stadiums are more often full since there is more security. Families can go to the matches without having to fear to be beaten up...

3. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    September 21
    FT Basel 6 - 0 Lausanne Sports
    FT Young Boys Bern 4 - 1 Neuchatel Xamax
    FT Zurich 0 - 0 Thun

FCB with a complete inhalation of LS. YB further the problems of Xamax, who look more and more like the team that will be in the 2nd Interregional league by the winter break. If this does happen, there will be some decent players available for a free transfer. FCZ and Thun play to a dull 0-0 draw.

September 22
    19:45 Servette ? - ? Lucerne
    19:45 Sion ? - ? Grasshoppers

With more to come in this busy week:
    eptember 24
    17:45 Thun ? - ? Basel
    17:45 Zurich ? - ? Young Boys Bern

September 25
    16:00 Grasshoppers ? - ? Neuchatel Xamax
    16:00 Lausanne Sports ? - ? Servette
    16:00 Lucerne ? - ? Sion

4. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    September 22
    FT Servette 0 - 2 Lucerne
    FT Sion 2 - 0 Grasshoppers

1. Luzern 9 +11 21
    2. Sion 9 +6 17
    3. Basel 9 +10 15
    4. YB 9 +7 15
    5. Thun 9 +5 15
    6. Servette 9 -1 11
    7. Zürich 9 +1 10
    8. NE Xamax 9 -7 9
    9. GC 9 -14 7
    10. Lausanne-Sport 9 -18 4

When Servette earned promotion last year, I was excited. As the summer passed and I looked a little more at their team, they have a problem scoring goals. I think the main goal for them should be staying in the ASL. Let the additional revenue for increased crowds fill the coffers a little more, then push for a European spot. To be honest, Switzerland has to be one of the easiest leagues to earn a European spot, there were 5 spots and only 10 teams in the top flight.

5. magicgam1

magicgam1 Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Lausanne
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    yes, Servette is looking like finishing the season 6th or 7th with Thun. they will need to improve the squad. Servette is still playing with the CL squad + Yartey, Roderick and Saleiro who are on loan and won't stay. Servette has to sign players for the future not only players on loan who will leave again.

this season, GC looks weaker and Lausanne even more

and Xamax will be relegated in the winter break IMO. Chagaev has now 6mio of debts. Even if the friends of Xamax take over, they would have to bring the budget down. I can't see Xamax surviving the season. Reminds me a lot of Servettes season with Marc Roger.

so, I think Servette should finish the season 7th or 6th in the best case.

are there 4 or 5 UEFA spots for Switzerland next season? checked it. has to be 4 as we were only 16th and not 15th in the ranking at the end of last season... so, even if Sion would be disallowed next season, the 5th place would be necessary

6. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree I see FCZ passing them and Xamax ans either LS or GCZ having to play in the playoff. I would love 5th, but 6th or 7th is more doable, unless Sion gets all of their points taken away.

September 24
    FT Thun 1 - 1 Basel
    FT Zurich 1 - 2 Young Boys Bern

YB with an away win, I still think that their draw was a really hard one in the Europa League. FCZ needs to get on the ball. Basel brought back a little to earth with an away draw at Thun.

September 25
    16:00 Grasshoppers ? - ? Neuchatel Xamax
    16:00 Lausanne Sports ? - ? Servette
    16:00 Lucerne ? - ? Sion

I would love for Servette to win at LS, but the way that they are playing, a draw in more likely. Luzern-Sion should be very intersting.

7. kingj

kingj New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Hi guys

I'm from Switzerland and just registered on this Forum. My English is ok but not more. I will give my best to share informations about Swiss Soccer. I'm a member of different closed forums with a yield between 8-15% during the last 3 years.

Today 3 games in the Axpo Super League. I'm playing mostly on Asian handicaps.

FC Lausanne - FC Servette...Lausanne with a very poor performance the last few games. They have a solid attack, but the defence is terrible. This game against Servette is a big Derby and will be a hard game. FC Servette is lost against Luzern on Thursday, but it was unlucky. Luzern had a penalty and could score through a keeper msitake. This is a prestige game and Servette will give everything to win this one. They are playing a very offensive football. As both teams have problems in the defence I'm gonna betting on over 3 goals here.

FC Luzern - FC Sion....FC Luzern 1st. Sion 2nd. Nice game. But the bookies see Luzern as favourite. I don't. Unfortunately Sion is missing 2 regular defenders. But they have a big squad and can replace them. FC Luzern is playing a boring soccer. With short passes and without a real striker. Their tactic is to play over the wings and with fast counter attacks. They didn't loose any game so far. I think, they can loose the first time today. I'm gonna playing asian handicap +0.5 on Sion as this line is too high and a draw is very very possible.

8. PeterBeer

PeterBeer Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Stockholm
    Luzern-Sion 2-0
    LS-Servette 0-0
    GC-Xamax 0-1

Welcome kingj, nice to have you with us! The scoreline in Lausanne def surprised me, but then again Servette were missing Azevedo, Vitkievicz and Esteban. Even more surprising was the 7800 crowd though. Was expecting a lot more people.

Luzern just can't lose and Murat Yakin is probably making a lot of teams regret that they didn't snap him up before Luzern did.

Seferovic scored the winner against his old club.

9. kingj

kingj New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Hi Peter,

Again, Luzern had 2 penalties. I just can't believe it. They played a good pressing in the first half. In the 2nd half Sion dominated the game. They shot the equalizer but the referee cancelled the goal because of an "offside" position. I didn't see one. In the 90th minute Luzern had the 2nd penalty. Very bad luck.

Servette surprised me too. A very boring game with not many chances. Bad prediction. Sorry for that.

I expected a Xamax win. Maybe 1:2 or something like that. Next game GC is playing against Zürich. Big Derby. Both teams have the same stadium so no advantage for any team. Zürich will win this game and GC Coach Sforza will be fired.

All in all, bad day today and a bad start here. Sorry guys.

10. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kingj welcome. We welcome all with an interest in Swiss soccer. I was a little surprised at a few things in the Servette-LS match. First the small crowd. Have the LS fans already started to give up on their team? Servette was missing players, and I think that they will be happy with points after the last two matches, but this is on where they must feel like they lost points.

Luzern is playing very well. It is too early to call, but they look like they could unseat Basel and FCZ as champion. The only problem with that is that due to their abysmal UEFA coefficient, they would get a terrible draw in the CL.

1. Luzern 10 +13 24
    2. YB 10 +8 18
    3. Sion 10 +4 17
    4. Basel 10 +10 16
    5. Thun 10 +5 16
    6. Servette 10 -1 12
    7. NE Xamax 10 -6 12
    8. Zürich 10 0 10
    9. GC 10 -15 7
    10. Lausanne-Sport 10 -18 5

11. kingj

kingj New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    I have an early pick for next weekend. Odds are okay and I simply have to play it with medium stakes.

GC - FC Zürich
    Pick: FC Zürich -0.25
    odd: 2.06 @SBObet
    Stake 5/10

GC is very poor at the moment. Didn't pick any pick and didn't shoot any goal in the last 4 games. After topscorer Emeghara left them, they are worse than before! maybe 1 or 2 good shots on goal per game. They are in deep crysis and it's not going long time until coach Sforza will be sacked.

FC Zürich with a terrible performance too. They had 2 red cards in the last game but they played much better with 9 guys than with 11. Striker Alphonse and midfielder Margairaz will be suspended for this game. For me, that are good news as they have better players. That means, Zürich will play more offensive, as Chermiti, Chikhaoui and Mehmedi will be in the line up. Also in the midfield the slight injured Djuric should be back. Also, defensive boss Beda should be back. They faced GC this season and won 6:0. It could finish higher. It's a homegame for both teams as both are from Zürich and both are using the same stadium. -->Big Derby.
    Coach Fischer is also sitting on a hot chair. So I predict that the looser of this game will sacked.

12. kingj

kingj New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    I just found news where is written, that midfielder Djuric and Beda will not be 100% fit. Also without these guys Zürich can win against GC.

13. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    October 1
    17:45 Basel ? - ? Servette
    17:45 Neuchatel Xamax ? - ? Thun

October 2
    16:00 Grasshoppers ? - ? Zurich
    16:00 Sion ? - ? Lausanne Sports
    16:00 Young Boys Bern ? - ? Lucerne

Can Basel stay on a high note, or can Servette pay back the spanking they received at home? The Zurich derby plus the YB-Luzern match should be very good.

14. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Majid Pishyar has guarenteed a win over Basel. Not usually a smart thing to do.

Thomas Grimm is stepping down as President of the Swiss Football Federation.

Bulat Chagaev and Xamax did not produce all of the documents necessary for a comission hearing about the finances of the club. It looks more and more likley that they will be relegated during the winter break.

15. kingj

kingj New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Young Boys - Luzern --> under 3.25 @ 1.88
    FC Sion - FC Lausanne --> Sion -1.25@ 1.82

16. magicgam1

magicgam1 Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Lausanne
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    on the field, Basel and YB are closing the gap to Lucerne.

outside, there is more action; GCZ-FCZ hat to be interrupted as a FCZ supporter threw a torch into the GCZ section. GCZ is responsible for security but logically FCZ should rather be punished with a 3-0... especially as GCZ was about to win after a penalty converted by Frank Feltscher. Both Feltschers are going to play for Venezuela

SFL called the disciplinary commission vs Xamax as Xamax didn't deliver all required financial papers. Xamax is risking to lose their license and going down.

SFL is appealing the decision of the court in Martigny... Sion is risking to finish the season on the 8th or 9th position if they lose most of their matches forfait. Tough, even then they might yet be in front of Lausanne.

17. Lager Lout

Lager Lout Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Bern
    Club:
    Exeter City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But when has the SFA ever used logic?

Whilst the home club is ultimately responsible for security, I can't see why you would punish the home team for the away fans behaviour, otherwise away fans would make sure every match was abandoned so their team would automatically get the points...

LL

18. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. magicgam1

magicgam1 Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Lausanne
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    the TAS case was Sion vs SFL and as Sion has won the first battle at the civil court vs SFL they decided to withdraw the TAS appeal not to give UEFA, FIFA, SFL a reason to say they definitely won... the TAS case is finished, but the Sion vs SFL decision not lies in the hands of the cantonal court in the Valais and afterwards in the federal court... So I don't expect a decision before December here

the UEFA vs Sion case is in the hands of the court in Vaud with a decision expected tomorrow or later this week. Sion has a mean to pressure which are the Platini, Infantino etc. cases... So, if UEFA goes to the federal court, then Sion will do everything to punish Platini, Infantino and co

21. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    H. Yakin to join AC Bellenzona this January and retire from International soccer.

22. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Domenicangelo Massimo, the General Director of FC Sion, has been removed from that position due to the recent loan of Aleksandar Prijovic to LS. It is obvious that CC was not happy about this loan.

23. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. magicgam1

magicgam1 Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Lausanne
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Bulat has doubled the budget and there are several unpaid bills and there is already an ongoing disciplinary procedure. I don't believe in a happy end this season for Xamax