Supah Frank Lampard Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by lobomojo, Jul 2, 2008.

1. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Hey, my name is Lampard, I'm not good enough to make the PFA team of the year as I only netted 22 goals, making me the highest scoring midfielder this season and 5th overall. Also throwing in 17 assists, which is about tops in the prem. I also put in one helluva effort defensively this season...maybe next year I can finally put up an impressive season wiith some good numbers.

2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    congrates Supa Frank!!!

Resurrecting this thread for Supa Frank's 500th appearance for the club in today's critical CL match vs. manure. Here is a lil' something that the club put together today:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLKwvxKQzZc]Supa Frank from his peers[/ame]​

3. RamboTambo

RamboTambo Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Re: congrates Supa Frank!!!

Super Frank Lampard...no greater three words can be found to express all that is Frank.

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    just a friendly reminder that Appreciation threads are for appreciation

(whistles while mopping)

5. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Thanks Fern. You saved homie from a neg rep ;)

6. jorcaryvan

jorcaryvan Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Fascist!!! :mad:

7. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    nicest complement I have had in a while :p

you can freely express your feelings in another thread if you like, but I should warn you that they may not be warmy recieved

8. jorcaryvan

jorcaryvan Member

Feb 11, 2007
    OK, i'll do that.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, but Admiral Ackbar is gone as well. :(

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    the black hole at BS strikes again :eek:

I did not move that post and checked and have not seen it binned.

:confused:

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well then...

[​IMG]

12. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you put it on the other thread with a lampard diss.

Oh, and this has been Supah Frank Appreciation Season, seeing how poor we have been with him injured/off form.

13. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    A petition. Let's stop ruining our tribute thread for Supa Frank. He is one of the few that has reached 500 appearances for the Blues. Hell Supa Captain JT hasn't even reached that yet. So props out to Supa Frank for a job well done. I hope he gets 500 more (ok most of them will come through coaching;))

14. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  15. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    By scoring today, Frank reached double figures in the league for the 8th season in a row. No player has ever done that before in the Premiership.

Only Alan Shearer has more seasons in double figures in Premier League history with 11.

Phenomenal effort for a midfielder.

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Bitter sweet moment.

17. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If he had stayed healthy he could very well have had another 20/10 season or close to it. Looks like he is at 13/4 in all competitions which is pretty good considering the extent of his injury. He may have dropped off some physically, but he makes a lot of that up in his intelligence and knowing when to pick his spots.

18. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I just love resurrecting this thread from the grave. I do get a lot of help from Supa on this :D I just realized that Supa leads all midfielders in goal in the EPL. Another reason why I resurrected this thread, was due to all of those bustas that were calling for the benching of Supa for Josh. I am curious where are those people at now??? I guess Supa made these fools hush
    [​IMG]

19. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Last 10 matches, 6 goals 4 assists. Frankie, does indeed, say "Relax"

20. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thank god for Frank.

21. LuckyDay

LuckyDay New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Obviously he is not going to be the player that he was and he will not be able to play every game in every competition as he used to but I said in earlier threads that it was too soon to write him off completely on the basis of last season.

Last year he did not have a pre-season because of the groin injury and even now he is back he has had to learn how to manage the injury over the long term. This year with a proper pre-season and no WC or EC in the summer he is playing much nearer to his prime.

22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I believe that Supa is gunning for Tambling's goalscoring record. Currently Supa is @ 177, which makes him 16 behind Kerry Dixon & 25 behind Tambling. I know I will be rooting for him all the way
    [​IMG]

BTW, I feel for West Ham. We got a steal for £11 million :D

23. Chelsky_15

Chelsky_15 Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Montréal, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    lamps given the armband v. the euro/world champs at wembley?!? no problem, he'll just score the game winning goal... you know, nothing new to see here ;):cool:

24. Super_Frank

Super_Frank Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Bray
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Lampard - The Greatest Central Midfielder of All Time?

Even when consigned to the bench, he never fails to produce the goods. I have never seen a fit, more consistent player in my lifetime. The only player who has impressed me as much as Lamps is Zidane, and Messi is quickly getting up there. Absolute shame he doesnt have a European Cup to his name. Hope he can follow the road of Giggs and play for us for many years to come.

Opinions?