sunday 11/4 AZ VVV-Venlo 14.30 CET (wintertime!)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh yeah I forogt mousander to ajax to replace vertoghen.

2. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    they lost their whole defensive spine. no surprise their defense is shaky. still should've done better offensively. But in the pouring rain against a bunkering opponent sometimes its tough to break them down. Altidore looked ok to me, but did not see much of the ball. Maybe I wasn't focusing on his movement enough. He has improved a lot in that regard, but of course still has room to grow.

3. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've dealt with it.

In the future, folks, help us out and report problematic crap, please. I'm in my office working rather than actually watching soccer (sadly), so it's much faster and easier if one of y'all electronically taps me on the shoulder rather than waiting for me to discover on my own that there's an issue. Thanks!

Bees Knees and Deeneaus repped this.
  4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    without Maartens they will struggle. Since Elm and Holman transfered out he is a very important midfielder/winger. Elm v. 2 is not as good as Elm v. 1. Maher and Jozy are who they are, but AZ is a weaker team.

It is always dicey to sell and rebuild.

5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    lost, sold and hurt. Elm v1, Holman, Martens - that's a lot of pugent cheese.

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    This is what Verbeek is trying to avoid having splashed across the web:

[​IMG]

BTW, Esteban was well within his rights. Verbeek just wants it to be more Rocky and less Field Goal.