Summer Transfer Window Rumors/Official

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by phoenixhazard, Feb 28, 2014.

1. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    There are many paths.

2. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bale left because Levy couldn't turn down 100 000 000. No one is going to offer crazy money for Lamela after a season where he barely played. And levy is certainly not one to buy high and sell low. There couldn't possibly be a worse time to sell him than now.

SPUR-ious and phoenixhazard repped this.
  3. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    As I said, there are many paths.

4. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We sell Lamela and I am fed up with this team. You can't expect a kid to turn around and be sensational a first season and you can't expect a team to be title contenders after they replaced half their squad.

5. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We bought Gio at a lot less and we still gave him four years and three loan spell. Surely, with a lot more invested, we can give Lamela at least that?

BalanceUT repped this.
  6. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Such as? In what circumstance does Levy sell Lamela, and how would holding him out of the lineup and saying he's injured help his transfer value?

7. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sherwood opening his yapper about Christian Eriksen potentially leaving and I just find that idiotic. Now I'm getting sick of it. He is running his ********ing mouth nonstop. Saying things just to say them. Shut up get on with the job and try and push up as high as we can go in the table. Seriously he is getting annoying.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/...d-keen-to-keep-christian-eriksen-at-tottenham

At first I thought he was doing a good job, but now I see reason that the man has taken over an incredibly talented squad and is doing an adequate job because of it. If Van Gaal comes in and continues to play Ade and can get the best out of Lamela and Soldado sky is the limit. The sooner sherwood is out the more likely it will be we can keep hold of our best players.

8. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Levy isn't an idiot. He is a jew like myself and alot of my friends and it would be a bad investment to sell a kid with so much potential without letting him play at least 4 years to prove his value on the open market. There is no way he will be leaving. None whatsoever. Sherwood has been the cause of a lot of these problems and I can see the team getting back to better ways after he is gone.

9. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you know calling him a jew, even if you mean it as a nice remark, still perpetuates the anti-Semitism that non-jews use to degrade our people (i'm jewish as well)

10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Agree. It bothers me more than the yiddo business.

11. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    You are misunderstanding the point. The length of Lamela's injuries is rather suspicious. It is quite possible Erik simply refuses or is incapable of adapting to life in England. Any good businessman is aware of the sunk cost fallacy, and while I was being slightly facetious with my initial comment if Lamela truly is failing to adapt selling at a loss of £5 million in the summer is better than £10 million next summer.

12. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or he was actually injured and now Sherwood just sees him as one of the hundreds of players at Spurs that have "no heart" and are lazy. yes, i said hundreds, sherwoods math is probably that bad.

13. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah but the yiddo stuff bothers me quite a bit too. seriously makes me question my fandom for spurs at points and may eventually push me away from the club completely if it isn't cleaned up in the future. altho prem league or europe in general is not the place for people with level heads. that anelka business was disgraceful, and even worse how many idiots over there thought there was nothing wrong with it.

14. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya, sorry I do it with my friends so I do apologize if I offended anyone.

15. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope Van Gaal doesn't go to Man U, but it would be easier for him to continue his legacy at a club like that then perhaps at Spurs. I really do not want David Moyes at all and since Sherwood has opened his mouth about Eriksen it seems all the papers have just run with this and started to talk and create unneeded drama surrounding the Christian.

16. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sherwood is an idiot.

If Levy decides to spend and sell the side players that dont count we could really strengthen this squad into serious title contenders and then it's all up to the boss, so I think Van Gaal has just as much a chance here than at United

17. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Balotelli rumors won't die, do we really want to risk him? massive potential but massive risk

18. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #68 sendorange, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Balotteli depends on fee and wages, if it's the 20 million euros he cost City/Milan and 100k euro salary, then he's probably worth it. Still young and super talented. Not someone that would be a priority though, kind of like Adebayor the sort of player you gamble on if the value is there and you can't get someone with a better risk/reward.

19. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the good thing about these kinds of players is they get older and start maturing, the problems tend to become less of a real problem over time

20. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes and no. balotelli has hit the age where he should start maturing, he hasn't. Adebayor is proof

21. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bringing in Balotelli depends entirely on who the manager is. If the manager is someone who can keep him under control, then it is probably worth it. His talent is devastating. But, if the manager is not strong enough, it will go very very badly.

Count Chocula and phoenixhazard repped this.
  22. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Does that manager exist? I didn't know about Mario before he went to City, but it seems they've all failed after & including. He could be like Tyson, outside of his first trainer completely uncontrollable.

phoenixhazard repped this.
  23. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumors of Soldado and Lamela wanting out and that Chelsea are looking to bid on Paulinho this summer.

I know, I know these are only rumors but they are somewhat worrying if any truth exists. I hope if Levy gives 2 sh*ts about making this team any good post-bale that he and Baldini walk into the dressing room at the end of the season and pretty much tells the team that NO ONE is leaving, save a few fringe players, and that next season will be a different story with a manager that he firmly believes in and will back no matter what. He has to drive the point home that this season was a bogey and he has firm plans on how to turn this around and that next season we will be in Europe and we will be title contenders. This backing is necessary to right the Spurs mental ship since most of our players seem disenchanted.

24. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    spurs need to sell at least one or two midfielders to thin the herd there

25. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    The Bale deal is Levy’s version of City/Chelsea/Liverpool this season, a complete rollicking. He’s got to hope he can flog Pualinho off on Chelsea for enough of a profit to offset the lost value on Lamela and Soldado. Won’t be shocked if we start next season with 2 of the 5 “Beatles” at a net loss – it’s giving the Rogers/Magee deal a run for worst deal of last year.

I have no faith left in Levy’s ability to take the team beyond its current level.

phoenixhazard repped this.