Summer of 2015

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Blue Lou, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Blue Lou

Blue Lou Member

Nov 13, 2006
    How are Mexico going to participate in the Gold Cup AND the Copa America? The competition are scheduled for the same time period.

Will it be a repeat of 2011 where the U23s participate in the Copa America to gain experience for the Olympics ? That worked out well last time...

Jsean and JJV1994 repped this.
  2. TorontoCF

TorontoCF New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Probably stupid concacaf having 2 tournaments for their fat wallets.

3. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    by like this year sending the B team to the Gold Cup and sending the A team to Copa America

Saul Acosta and LGRod repped this.
  4. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will probably send an alternative squad to Copa America

I mean don't we have to win to that years Gold Cup to get a shot at the Confed Cup?

Jsean, fifty_juan, JJV1994 and 2 others repped this.
  5. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    or this

6. MX92

MX92 Member+

Feb 27, 2013
    Hopefully we send our best to Copa America

7. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We have to win the 2015 GC to get to the stupid playoff thing with the nads for winning this year's edition, if we beat them, then we can get a shot at the CC.

Jsean, JJV1994 and El Mariachi repped this.
  8. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    $$$$=Concacaf's Strategic plan to improve our region.

Jsean, Saul Acosta, JJV1994 and 2 others repped this.
  9. chiva_freak

chiva_freak Member

May 13, 2010
    Santa Ana, Califas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would prefer the better squad to go to the Gold Cup. As much as I want for our team to win the Copa America, I'd like them to get a shot for Confeds Cup.

Majin and JJV1994 repped this.
  10. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Its only fitting for America to go to Copa America, it is in the ********ing name.

LGRod repped this.
  11. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    I hope we can get some decent players in the Copa America. Maybe not to make a deep run in it but to get out of the group stage at least.

There are a few of Mexican players that should hopefully get called at least for the Copa America. Alan Pulido, Nestor Araujo, Isaac Brizuela. Though, they are talented enough to make a run for the first team. Those are three at the top up my head and you could make strong arguements for them to be included in Piojo's current lineup, especially Pulido.

Copa America should be secondary no doubt. However, there are enough players that should be given a shot in Mexican depth charts I would say. Hopefully, who ever is coach won't call up maletas like Chepo did the past Gold Cup and call up guys like Marquez Lugo and Huiqui.

Saul Acosta and chiva_freak repped this.
  12. chiva_freak

chiva_freak Member

May 13, 2010
    Santa Ana, Califas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No doubt I think we have good enough players to at the very least make out of the group stage for Copa America. Hopefully we can incorporate all the Euro players into Piojo's system sooner and have a few go to the CA. For the most part I want the team to win the GC and face those b****** USMNT so that we can go to the Confeds.

Saul Acosta repped this.
  13. MX92

MX92 Member+

Feb 27, 2013
    there is more glory in the Copa America, thats why we should aim for that

LGRod repped this.
  14. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    Nope, as awesome as it would be to win the Copa America booking a ticket to the Confederations Cup is more important.

15. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    why is more important conf. cup? In copa america mexico could face NTs that have players like Neymar, Alexis, Messi, Suarez, Falcao, etc. Is always hostil to play at southamerica and we know that plus the high level of their players. I would rather to play copa america with the best mexican players than play the gold cup with our A Team.

Next edition will be in Chile, nice country to play soccer.

16. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    Because it is a practice run for the World Cup. The players get to know the stadiums, the climate and many of the teams they may very well face in the World Cup.

17. chiva_freak

chiva_freak Member

May 13, 2010
    Santa Ana, Califas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    we can potentially play neymar, messi, surez, falcao etc plus xavi, iniesta, torres,balotelli, ozil, etc in confeds cup the gold cup is only the steping stone its not nesecarily more important then CA but we need to win to head to the Confeds Cup. Thats why I say we should put more emphasis on winning the GC.

Jsean and JJV1994 repped this.
  18. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why can't we just send the strongest team to both tournaments like in 2007? We played the GC first then went to CA right after. I know there will be some clubs in Europe that deny players to go since they don't have to release them, but I am sure the domestic players would be able to go.

Also don't forget about the special edition in 2016 joint Copa America they have planned.

LGRod repped this.
  19. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Summer of revenge

Jsean, JJV1994, JohnnyFutbol and 2 others repped this.
  20. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    gold cup is more important due to confeds which is more beneficial then copa america.

1. you can face sudamerica, euro, african, asian, teams as opposed to only sudamerican teams.
    2. you get first hand experience in the cities and stadiums.

JJV1994 repped this.
  21. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Clubs would hate you!!! Copa America Invite means clubs don't have to release players.

JJV1994 repped this.
  22. MX92

MX92 Member+

Feb 27, 2013
    mexican clubs would even if they would rather not

LGRod repped this.
  23. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I touched on that already, but I only see ManU and Porto (assuming our guys are still there) denying players to go. Even then we would still have a good base of domestic players to fill in.

24. Blue Lou

Blue Lou Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Okay, I did a bit of research and it's transpired that Mexico agreed (March 2010) with CONCACAF not to enter the full team in CONMEBOL tournaments, and in return CONCACAF would give FMF permission to participate in the Copa Libertadores.

I guess that answers my question.

LGRod and JJV1994 repped this.
  25. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

IIRC things have changed since then after the shake ups in Concacaf of Blazer and Warner. After the last CA the FMF said they would not send an U23 team again. Now that may not mean they will send the full squad but they won't be sending a youth team again.

JJV1994 repped this.