The Transfer Thread ** Benatia è il passato **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    TMW: Roma interested in Insigne :whistling:

2. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to be a fun summer with some money to spend, the reports have us interested in everyone! Rudi first....

3. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    NO.

Midfield General repped this.
  4. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    According to Il Messaggero, Barcelona have already contacted the agent of AS Roma coach Rudi Garcia.:devilish::mad:

5. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    One thing for certain, him and Ljajic won't play in the same team. So if Saba and Rudi decide to keep Ljajic I don't think there is a chance they even consider Insigne. But inquiring about Insigne means they are actually considering selling Ljajic.

6. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's not going to fun until we get him to sign on the dotted line. He's going to hear it from all of the big spenders.....

7. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    double the salary and a contract to 2017 is being personally finalized by Pallotta and co in Boston as we speak.

Source: Sky

8. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, those reports are exciting, but I want completion. I'm greedy like that.

9. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He already rejected the approach.

10. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Hes very ineffective, but he clearly has potential. Anything under 15 and I would gladly take him

11. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We will watch that trident for about 10 games per season.

12. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2887 SoCalYid, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Until this past summer when a couple were right about Lamela, Italian papers have had like a 5% accuracy record with Tottenham. I wouldn't trust them getting the scoop on any of our players or inner workings of the club. The fact they said that they came up with a story centered around Baldini blocking the move just makes it sound more unbelievable. There's no way that happend, Baldini does not have that much power.

13. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insigne is Napoli's golden child. It's the first time they've produced a promising player in a long, long time. I don't think there is any chance we'd get him.

They also don't have a lot of homegrown players for CL qualification in their first team. So they need Insigne at least for that.

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Insigne will be Naples captain, he doesn't want to leave

15. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sandro isn't average. What he does he does it very well when he's fit. He would beast Italy right now. The only reason he isn't playing is because Sherwood is a tool, he's a fan favorite at the club. I don't think Roma need him though.

16. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Doesn't have anything to do with how accurate Italian media about Spurs. Paulino's agents (KGM sports) could very likely be the ones leaking the news to Brazilian and Italian media to increase the interest in their client and pressure Spurs to sell him.

Unless Spurs' new coach convince him to stay I personally think the likelihood of him leaving are pretty high.

17. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Have a look at my post in reply to La Magica to see my logic

18. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Sandro but I'd look domestically first for a vice DDR. Serie A experience has been vital for Roma this season. Can't really think of any names off the top of my head that will be available except Behrami but he was a dirty laziale.

19. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personally wouldn't care if he's sold, the loan stories don't make sense. Levy loves money too much to break a club record to sign a player only to loan him out a year later because he wasn't happy. History shows unless someone comes in with an offer to buy him he'll stay put. I'm not disputing Paulinho might want to leave, that's an easy story to write, the details I think are bull though. They start with something based in fact and fill in the grey with soap opera nonsense.

That's where the credibility of the paper comes into play because for around a solid 5 years now Italian papers have regularly fabricated stories about Tottenham. Only two came off right from my memory and that was Lamela and AVB signing for Tottenham which they called months before anyone.

Believe me when I say I'm just being honest here, I wouldn't want him for Roma. For one the guy is overrated and shocking defensively, maybe that would improve in Italy, IDK. Also comparing his attitude to Strootman it's like they're two different species.

I don't really think Roma need Sandro but suppose we did and we had to choose between Sandro and Paulinho, I would take Sandro every day of the week and twice on Sunday. He's a warrior and he gives 110%. Paulinho thinks he's better than he is and gives 60%. For what it would cost to get him (because I can't see a loan happening, like ever) I don't think it's worth it.

La Magica repped this.
  20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Viviani having a great season with Latina. Florenzi didn't need Serie A experience before he played with Rome and I don't think Viviani will require a loan either

21. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2896 Khaos, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    I want Arda Turan.
    plz pallotta.

22. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that's settled. I'm off Paulinho now.

23. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like Juve wants Alexis Sanchez. Not good for us if they can capture him. Really good for us if we can usurp them.

24. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I could have a warehouse full of computer screens I'd like to punch when reading about Juve's "fortunes"

25. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read a rumor that Atletico Madrid asked about Sanchez but Barca said they already had an agreement with Juve