The Transfer Thread ** Benatia è il passato **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ligue 1 is a great place to find undervalued talent. The dude's an electric athlete with gobs of skill who would cost 20+ mil if he played in any other league. Swap out Lacazette for Cabella, and I'd be content, but there are a few players in Ligue 1 who could come at a reasonable price and would make a difference for us.

2. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not butthurt.
    just , look at it from his PoV. he bought Lamela from us for like more than 30m euros , and then sells us for sale another player he bought last season , how bad does that look?
    also , Roma has always been home to Brazilian / Argentine players , due to the climate .

3. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know , maybe it's just me being "Selfish" , but i'd love for them to just break the ********ing bank like no one has ever done since 2001 , and buy us a new Batigol.
    I can dream , can't i?

EDIT: Listening to a local radio that has a few links around and Gianluca Di Marzio is On Air atm , he said "I don't think they're going to sell anyone , since they've come 2nd they won't have to sacrifice players and will be able to resist to offers."

yay?

4. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Baldini may be past it. He's done a lot of work in the last handful of years, and very little of it has been good. Some people retire too late.

5. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about Jovetic and Pastore, add a seasoned CB, and call it a day. And if you want to take a godfather like offer for Pjanic and go snag Eriksen, I'm ready. Watch out CL!

6. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh i'd more than settle for Jovetic + Pastore and a LB , YES THANK YOU.

7. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    you guys can name all these pacey flair-ey players but i feel like we have enough of those already. they're fun to watch but it makes us easy to defend against if we have multiple players of the same type

i still feel the need to have a box striker, someone strong and tall in the air to whip in those crosses. we cant play ground balls all the time. if teams are going to park the box against us, we'll need to go route B, and for that we need a plan B striker whether it be Manzukic or Drogba or Lukaku or Pelle or Dzeko etc.

8. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The focus, as it has been for many years, has to be replacing Totti. Clearly, this team lacks imagination and creation when he leaves the pitch. He can't play 38 and CL, and I think Jovetic can be that guy. Man City will have moved on the next big fish, and Pastore has fallen by the way side at PSG. I think Pastore can be an incredible investment as well. Let's go after Jovetic hard and then Pjanic for Pastore and 15M? I have to imagine PSG pulls the trigger on that.

Regardless, Rudi will have the boys target guys that fit the system. In Rudi I trust. NOW SIGN THE MAN!

9. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think Drogba is in the capital next year. Makes too much sense for everyone.

10. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He has been living off his fame and reputation, which means a lot in football especially when negotiating with players and agents. And I think that's exactly why Spurs signed him. He is still a good honest man and well respected by almost everyone. However lately IMO he let his pride and arrogance took the best of him instead of hard work and dedication. Caught up too much in thinking about reviving football and creating pure sport while not having an actual strategy or enough resources to do so. I remember reading an interview few years back where he said he decided he would give up football because it was too dirty for his liking and I think he should've stuck to his decision instead of tarnishing his legacy.

I am reading Pirlo's book these days and he mentioned how Baldini was close from brining him to Roma in 2011, he said he respects Baldini but he was suspicious about how serious the american project was. Pirlo also said Baldini/Capello convinced him to join Real Madrid just after the 2006 WC and he agreed but Galliani blocked the move and forced him to stay.

11. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But can you imagine it? a trident made of (never gonna happen ik) Totti-Ljajic - Jovetic , it would be such a beauty to watch. :cry:

12. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you had asked me two months ago, I would have gladly replaced Ljajic, but either Rudi said something to him or the vets pulled him aside. His body language on the pitch has been a 180 in my mind. He seems to be a part of the team now instead of out there to try to put on an individual show. I was ready to take any offer for him, but now I think he can be included in future plans.

schnix repped this.
  13. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's what i'm sayng though , a trident made of Ljajic - Totti - Jovetic , it would be so good to watch but we wouldn't score any goals.

14. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    before i would take Florenzi over Ljajic anyday. but these past few fixtures Ljajic has shown so much ability, maturity, and potential. he clearly has a higher ceiling than Florenzi

Florenzi's a workaholic but Ljajic has raw ability and just lacked the mindset. its easier to teach Ljajic to become Florejic than teaching Florenzi to become a Ljarenzi

15. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would extremely entertaining, but as long as Totti is paired with Gervinho, we're scoring goals. It's an unfair weapon to let him utilize Gervinho's wheels.....

16. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    As much I would love a Jovetic or Pastore kind of singing, I don't think it will happen. Sabatini doesn't sign superstars, he creates superstars. Watch out how he will sign the next big star that half of Europe will be drooling over in a year time.

Or maybe he has already? (Cough *Paredes* Cough)

That how the dark knight rolls.

[​IMG]

NCRomaFan and Salmeen10 repped this.
  17. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, I like it. You can tell that Flo had to rely on heart/hustle/determination coming up, but everything came easy to Ljajic. Hopefully this season, with true chemistry, and understanding if he plays the right way, he'll get his minute, the sky is the limit. I'm a huge Blackhawks fan, and I see a lot of Patrick Kane in Adem Ljajic. More talent than most on the pitch, but needs to be used for good, not evil!

18. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SaBatman!

GamE_Ove12 repped this.
  19. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even better, but in order to replace Totti's creativity, I think he's going to have to spend a little, and go against his norm. The diamonds are the true value, but eventually I think he will make that splash, just hasn't seen the right fit or had the CL cash to do so.

20. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The Ljajic transformation is an excellent example of Garcia's supreme man management skills. You have a spoiled and lazy talented kid who is not behaving as you like? Give him the silent treatment and tough love for few weeks to reflect on his mistakes (AKA the time-out technique), then show him publicly that you still believe in him and care about him. And voila! The trouble maker is an A-student.

21. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A-student and will give his complete trust to Rudi now...if he is completely transformed. He's tasted the other side...I think that outpouring of love as he subbed him from Atalanta was something he wasn't expecting and finally got to feel accepted. You notice that after the absolutely brilliant pass against La Viola to set up Nags' goal, he was swallowed up by teammates. He's now accepted...and I bet it feels awesome. Take it and run.

22. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    As much as I rate Ljajic and want him to stay, and how good he was in the last 2 games, I think its too soon for us to say he has changed and will continue like this. He is not even confirmed to stay, every time hes asked about that he replies that he will sit with the management at the end of the season and see.

Its not like this is the 1st time he had 2 good games with us.

whill4 repped this.
  23. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Garcia said Ljajic could be as good as Hazard if he listens and follows his advice. That is not the kind of praise you give to just anyone. Hazard is a really good analogy to Ljajic because Hazard isn't a natural winger but more of a wide playmaker.

24. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both of the last two posts are right on. I think it comes down to Ljajic...if he wants to play within a team structure there will be a place in the 11 for him. If he is all about his numbers, his fame, the door is that way. That's the beauty of Rudi, he's not going to beg for a player that doesn't "get it". Play to the system, play within the system, and amazing things will happen, you'll blow through the ceiling of potential. If you know better, go "dominate" elsewhere.

25. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if Garcia actually sees Ljajic as a jewel like Hazard is/was, then that may mean something, but Garcia is a professional manager and very calculated in his press statements. There's no use in saying something like, "I don't think Ljajic is very good" even if he really thinks that. He's an expert in sports psychology, and Ljajic's biggest problem is certainly focus.