The Transfer Thread ** Benatia è il passato **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Bayern confirmed he is not for sale.

2. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Good.

So we can concentrate on this guy now

[​IMG]

3. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Oh No!

4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Creepy bro

5. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I dont get it, do people think he looks like a turtle or something?

6. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well , since Mandzukic / Benzema are not for sale , and Suarez / Diego Costa / Falcao are SERIOUSLY out of our price range , i think if we score JM we're getting the BEST there is in the market atm.

7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    How much for in the rumour? He is not that exciting a signing to me

8. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He is also responsible for one of the all time worst dives

One shameless diver is as good as another as long as they are winning calls for the side I support. Can't keep letting the stripes get all the calls year in and year out.

9. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Not to say DDR hasn't taken dives but in that one he really gets his achilles grazed by the studs of the player running behind him. He makes the most of it but it had to hurt.

EDIT: here it is:

Andreas and La Magica repped this.
  10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Agreed its not a dive, his reaction is of pure anger and when looking close you can see he is studded

wm72 repped this.
  11. Dukea

Dukea Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Iturbe is overrated and overpriced.

Little_Dino_BIH repped this.
  12. NCRomaFan

NCRomaFan Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree. I think he has potential but hasn't really shown much this year and it seems like there are better options on the market. I think that we could use someone young who is a little bit more proven like Griezmann, Cabella, Shaqiri, even Markovic. I am wondering if the fact that he is overpriced is simply due to having the 15M buyout from Porto by Hellas Verona. I assume that they are trying to make a profit and that is why they are projecting 20M or more for Iturbe. For example teams like Madrid and PSG often overpay for players so guys like Isco and Illaramendi who haven't really helped or hurt their market value too much, but since they were both bought for 30M+ then Madrid will not sell them for less(they would probably demand more than what they paid for them to make a profit, probably 38M-45M-if teams were interested and Real were willing to sell) even though Isco should really only be 30M and Illaramendi about 20M. In this case Verona are probably trying to make a profit and want around 25M and it would also make sense why they are throwing names like Madrid, United, PSG around now since all of those clubs could pay expensive transfer fees.

13. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Overpriced? Sure, but overrated? How is Iturbe overrated? The kid has been really good and starting to live up to all the hype he had a few years ago. Him and Lamela were the biggest names in SA and Lamela cost close to 20m when all was said and done. But the fact remains that Iturbe is a very good player and will be a star someday.

@NCRomaFan I've been following Markovic for the last few months and he is definitely a guy I would love for us to buy. However I doubt Benfica will be selling cheap.

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Markovic is a good player. Young Red Star youth

15. Toma Rundi

Toma Rundi Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Leskovac
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Not really, he's from Partizan's youth system, same as Jovetic, Nastasic, Ljajic, Savic, Radonjic... Doesn't matter tbh. But I think he's no Roma material - bad work rate, mediocre link-up play, mediocre shooting abilities... At this moment he's al about speed and transition, probably heavy overpiced also. We could do much better.

16. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Partizan, sorry. Knew it was one of the big 2, my mistake.

17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wish Roma would buy Partizan. All of it. Is it corrupt? Like very corrupt though? @Ragnaroz

18. NCRomaFan

NCRomaFan Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I wouldn't really call it overrated but just he just hasn't really justified the price that he will be selling for and the hype he generated considering he has not had a great season. Like I said he has potential but I just think that the fact that rumors about him going to PSG and Madrid based on an decent season at Verona is a little much without playing well for a better team like us. I would like to get him if we could get another winger but it doesn't seem likely to get two wingers but I don't know about heading into next season with a young, developing Iturbe, often inconsistent Ljajic and Florenzi, and relying on Gervinho. I may have been a little too critical of Iturbe in the past because I don't think he is ready yet but if he develops well he could be a good signing.

There was a rumor about someone named Hector Villalba who plays for San Lorenzo as a winger and even though I don't really know too much about him he seems like a Sabatini signing(unknown player that becomes good Lol) By the way in the article it is mentioned toward the bottom.
    http://www.goal.com/es-co/news/4600/mercado-de-pases/2014/04/15/4754328/ezequiel-garay-y-héctor-villalba-pretendidos-por-napoli

19. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What do you guys think about reintroducing Bertolacci

20. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    either him or Viviani, not both. we have so much depth in central midfield

Strootman DDR Pjanic Nainggolan Taddei Paredes Bertolacci Viviani

21. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    You have no idea, my friend... We should stay as far away from Serbian football as humanly possible.

22. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Just realized that Ivan Rakitic contract runs out in 2015, Milan and Lazio are interested in him. This means if Saba is interested he might be able to sign him for less than 16M. Selling Pjanic and buying Rakitic for 20M less might not be bad business at all, but I don't think Rudi will like that very much. But again I don't expect Pjanic to leave, he will extend his contract and stay for one more year.

23. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Iturbe costs more than 17-18 then he's just not worth it , he's good , he's young and he's gonna be top class and all that fancy stuff , but for now? just not worth it.

24. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ag. Iturbe: 'Ho incontrato Sabatini, lui sa tutto. Il mercato è come la Formula Uno'

Le parole di Gustavo Mascardi, agente di Juan Manuel Iturbe: "Anche io la penso come Setti (presidente del Verona ndr), Iturbe potrebbe andare all'estero. Il mercato, però, è come la Formula Uno ed esistono i sorpassi. Ho già incontrato Sabatini e lui sa tutto, non devo incontrarlo di nuovo".

sigh , these guys either have a big club behind them , or are just trying to pull the price more and more.