The Transfer Thread ** Benatia è il passato **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

2. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Bigger than Drogba? Lol

La Magica repped this.
  3. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Drogba.
    Altezza 189[1] cm
    Peso 91[1] kg

Maicon
    Altezza 184 cm
    Peso 77 kg

4. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He gets a lot of fouls by diving, just not near the opponents goal. Not only that but he even goes out for treatment when no one touched him.

I think its great to criticize players for diving and cheating, I don't like that at all, but we should be more consistent if we want to do that.

DDR repped this.
  5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    And we are taking about a free transfer here. You can complain that drogba is a "vile cheater" whatever that means, or is to old. But free is free and you get what you get. Break the bank and sign Cavani. I won't complain.

Imran_INDIA, DCUroma and Khaos repped this.
  6. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Well, his head makes him look bigger :p

That doesn't change anything though, that our players dive shamelessly all the time and no one seems to care.

7. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I care. Maicon and Ljajic was ridiculed for diving earlier in the season, even the Flo. Labeling Totti a diver is too far, he may exaggerate, but he never simulates

8. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You guys act like Drogba is the only player in European football that dives. Cmon.

DCUroma and DDR repped this.
  9. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They got the right shirt color , everything looks better in Red.

10. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, firstly, every defender goes down at first contact in Serie A, La Liga, and Ligue 1. Only in PL have the refs weeded out the defenders who are cornered and go down at first contact.

But what advantage would Maicon have to go off for treatment when no one touched him? Could he perhaps have gotten a knock? He's no spring chicken, and he did miss a few seasons with injuries.

But if we're now putting Maicon on the same level of professionalism as Drogba, I don't know what to say. I've admired Maicon for his class as a player and a person since he was at Inter.

It has nothing to do with the shirt he's wearing for me. I've been trying to force myself to like Neymar for some three plus years, but I just can't get past the fact he's so dishonest, deceptive, and sometimes downright cowardly. Sound familiar?

11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If you don't know why I would say that you clearly have not watched him throughout his career and only on some games. He was a non tryer against his beloved Chelsea, don't address the point and ignore it then if it suits you!
    His latest proof of "vile cheating" he cheated the game, gala and all their fans. A club that pays his wages!

12. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  13. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Also Drogba wouldn't be playing every game. He would rotate with Totti and Destro. And could you imagine Drogba going up against some of the centerbacks in Italy. They are a joke. Watch Higuains last 2 goals vs Lazio and you'll see what I'm talking about.

14. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I remember him more than once diving without any contact whatsoever, unfortunately I don't keep a record but he gets quite a few cards for diving considering he is a RB, that says something about his professionalism. And why he goes out for treatment without any body touching him? The same reason why he rolls over the pitch when nobody touches him, acting to influence the ref.

15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Any time someone mentions Giovinco they put up that stupid gif of him swinging and missing; they should put up the one where Drogba shoots at his own sign when he's mentioned!

16. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    schnix repped this.
  17. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Finboghasson(I tried) links again. He was linked to us in the summer.

He is a CF who can play LW right?

18. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would cost at least 80 million for all those players. Someone big on our end would have to be sold for something like that.

19. Capitan Futuro

Jun 5, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I can see Scuffet, Santon, Iturbe, and Jackson Martinez being brought in. With Pjanic and Ljajic being sold to partially fund the summer mercato. Obviously Radja's move will be made permanent, but I see no need to bring Bastos back. Same goes for Toloi, unless he really impresses these last few games, no need to pay 5 million to make his move permanent when we have Antei who is just as good if not better. Paredes is a big talent and can step into Pjanic's role, rotating with Totti as the attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, while Destro and Martinez rotate as our main striker.

20. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Only reporting rumors , not questioning doability.

but if all of those do happen with keeping EXACTLY the same roster (yeah , right.) the next league is ours , hands down.

21. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  22. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't believe them. For what it's worth, Antei is the 3rd highest rated centerback under 21. give him the chance instead of blowing 11 million euro on a player that's mediocre.

Imran_INDIA repped this.
  23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's more of a finisher if I remember correctly. But now that I look at his style of play again, he could fit into the top cf of Rudi's system well, not a true false 9, but with the capability to lay the ball off and give a pass when necessary. He's also very, very good.

At the end of the day, he would probably cost half of what J. Martinez would. He's 25.

24. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FFS, please! He's been highly rated in a shite team with a worse defense. Imagine how he'd do with Strootman, Radja, and DDR in front of him and Benatia/Castan on his side.

25. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can't imagine any worse. Hopefully him, Viviani, Verre, Politano, etc. follow the Florenzi/Romagnoli path. These guys are quality. I can't wait till Cedric becomes more mature too.