Sudamericano Sub20 Argentina(enero-febrero 2013)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by JAIME CHILE, Dec 17, 2012.

1. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    You could make a movie about that dude... pice of work that guy.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    56': Chile 0-0 Uruguay. Good match. Surprise: Chile may end this one with a full team.

3. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    good match?
    una mediocridad increible de los dos lados y el juez todavia mas mediocre.
    lo unico bueno hasta ahora fue la jugada del gol uruguayo
    yo me perdi el principio del segundo tiempo.
    por que salio el Diente Lopez?
    Decision del tecnico?
    En su peor dia el Diente es mejor que cualquiera de los que estan en la cancha ahora.
    Como dije antes, una mediocridad increible.

4. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    not great for his teammates to have to process through all the BS that's being said
    probably addes to the mental and physical fatigue they are going through

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    And against the run of play, after 10 minutes of beautiful play by Chile, Uruguay scores on the counter in a typical "jugada de laboratorio."

64' : 1-0, URU ahead.

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Only if you're holding them to full NT standards. Remember: it's U-20. These are kids, just learning the proper team tactics. At this level, this is a VERY good game. Either of these teams is playing at a level that would be good for a semifinal spot in the U-20 WC in Turkey.

7. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    bad football is bad football at any age
    and this game sucks

8. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    It was boring, didn't see the first half. Except for the coach who got himself sent off in the end... now I know where the source of the problem is. Great way to give the example to your players, who for the first time avoided the cards galore!

9. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    7 partidos jugados = 7 tarjetas rojas.
    Hoy el que se la llevó fué nada más y nada menos que nuestro propio entrenador.
    Así mejor que nos vaya mal lo que resta de este sub-20 y no vayamos a hacer el ridículo en este aspecto, en Turquía.
    :thumbsdown:
    Buen triunfo de Uruguay.

10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The Ecuador-Paraguay is vital. The winner will make it to the World Cup, the loser is probably out. I expect a slow, tentative, scared, boring affair. IMO, they are the #4 and #5 teams in this hexagonal. So today we see which is which.

I predict a tie, and sentence deferred.

PS: Colombia-Peru before. I bet Peru fights them good the first half, only to crumble in pieces in the second. That'd be typical.

11. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why would it be slow and boring? Its not like their going for a draw. Both teams are planning to attack.

MetroChile repped this.
  12. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    It would be nice to play an already qualified Colombia... but at this level I don't know if it makes much difference. Our supposed reserves beat Paraguay and then our starters lost. Sometimes when these kids have no pressure they loosen up and play better.

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Paraguay has the toughest road ahead, having to play the two best teams in the tournament after this game (COL & URU). Ecuador has a much better chance to make it through after a tie, since they play PER (whom they usually beat) and URU.

So Ecuador may be playing for a tie. And Paraguay is not a team that shows urgency when in need of a win. They can control the ball, think, pass to the sides, think, look for the hole, think, pass back again, think....

We'll see. Last time around they met at this tournament, Ecuador beat Paraguay 1-0 after much side-passing and thinking by the Guaranies.

PS: If you want to watch some really _dire_ footie, watch this version of the UNCAF Cup. This time around the centroamericanos really mounted one of the worst tournaments in the region ever. :D

14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Hmm... didn't see a handball. Anyway, penalty for Colombia and they're winning 1-0 already. IMO, they didn't need the help.

15. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    well they got it

Polo and Deza have come close

16. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    so far Peru deserve a draw

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yup. But you have to take into account their amazing bad luck. So I don't see them getting a result here.

18. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    yep we are cursed

19. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    que ingrato que es el futbol con peru carajo!

20. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    tendrian que poner a ese pibe Barrios en el segundo tiempo ;)

21. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    we dont know where he is:D

22. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Uruguay vs. Chile wasn't the most entertaining game, but I think it was the typical match you get when both teams are within reach of their objectives and neither want to risk too much out of fear of losing. Both teams dominated one half, Uruguay was sharper and more dangerous in the first and probably deserved to go to the break with the lead, Chile looked far better in the second, forcing some great saves from De Amores, until Bueno's goal rattled them.

Don't know why Lopez came off, hope it wasn't an injury. Not sure Aguirre should have been the player to come on in his place, he looked pretty tired last match and today again had a fairly poor game. I liked Abisab, wonder why he hasn't had more minutes, especially with De Arrascaeta playing below expectations.

Finally, the Chilean coach is an idiot for getting himself sent off like that. It was a massive offside, he couldn't not have seen it was a good call by the linesman.

MetroChile repped this.
  23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Laxalt y Cristóforo--aparte de López--han estado entre los mejores jugadores del torneo--y de Uruguay--, a mi juicio.

Después--por el momento--pondría al colombiano Quintero y a los chilenos Rabello y Castillo.

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I agree but chances are he (the coach) did not see the offside position from where he was standing. At first glance (meaning, when the play was going on "live") just about everyone thought the play was legit.

25. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Could be, I don't know, if he'd been on the other side of the pitch I could see that. But from his position I think he should of caught that, it wasn't one of those "leg slightly sticking out" offsides, the player was a pretty far ahead. In any case, with a team that's been struggling with discipline, especially a youth team, it falls to him to set an example and not get himself sent off for an outburst.