Sudamericano sub 20 2013 in Mendoza and San Juan

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by la saeta rubia, Dec 10, 2012.

1. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I expected better from this team. Iturbe must really think he's Messi, trying to dribble everybody. As mediocre as this game was, I think this team is better than our last sub-20 team from two years ago.

2. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't see how he could have been any worse than this midfield. Truly awful. Instead of treating the ball with respect this is the sort of football one sees in Northern Europe youth teams.

As I said if anyone has anything about them at the AFA they should be taking a close look at what is going on coaching the youth.

3. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Someone needs to slap Iturbe around the head. Only the second ever defeat to Chile at this level......

Tremendous. :devilish:

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gaucho... Enough. I've seen you talk plenty about Tigre, i've turned the other way, when I criticize 1 River you get defensive.

5. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Shambolic, disgraceful performance. Not the end of the world but hardly encouraging.

I do wonder how Trobbiani got the job. Would be lucky to coach a park team. No cohesion, no imagination and no respect for keeping the ball.

Well worth staying up for........ Goodnight chaps. :(

6. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    What a disgraceful performance. How can we not score when we're up TWO men! Iturbe needs to benched if he plays like this again. It looks like those Messi comparisons got to his head.

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The last edition was very strong defensively, the offense was lacking, this team is just off, there is no unity or balance. Seems like a bunch of players throw onto the pitch and said play. Up a man for a good portion of the game and up 2 for a period, and nothing. Lets see what the next game brings us.

8. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Come on Gaucho, no need for that here.

This isn't about River, Tigre or what club has contributed what to the National Team. It's about how badly our youth system has fallen over the past 5-6 years.

I watched the match and while the team didn't always look like a team, Chile's goalkeeper came up huge for them. A tip save in the first half and there was a shot in the second half from inside the box which he saved. And then another save right after that on Ruiz.

While the strength of this team lies in the attack, Trobbiani pulled a Diego in the way he shaped the team. Against a stronger team, we'll get Germany from 2010.

9. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The question remains how did he get the job. Does he have any track record in youth coaching ? It's a problem that needs to be addressed no matter the outcome of this tournament.

Only a fraction of these players will eventually represent the seleccion and given yesterday's performance only Cartabia and Kranevitter impressed although Lanzini has talent (why Trobbiani decided to persist with him and Ruiz occupying each others space).

Nonetheless it is a vital role and the way it was handled by Pekerman and Tocalli has had some bearing on the current seleccion.

Looking back at the u20 in October last year where are some of the players from that squad ? Why were they not included ie Leonel Buter, Gio Simeone ? There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason behind it.

10. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The team was ridiculouly unbalanced.Whats worrying is he says he will start the same eleven.We need not panic after all in 05 I think Messi Kun and all did we not lose the first match of the Mundial and only come third in the Sudamericano.

11. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was 2010-Germany all over again. Only this time we were up against a defensive Chile, a team with better finishers or even players more suited to head freekicks or corners (the gol came this way, instead of expecting the center outside the box to keep them away or trap them offside, we were almost inside the goal; impossible for the keeper to react once it's headed), would've been even worse...

12. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pretty empty stadium. Early effort from Ruiz tipped away by the Paraguayan keeper.

Alan Ruiz has been terrible.

13. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Very disorganized team. Its almost as if we randomly picked 10 players off the street and gave them the camiseta. No chemistry at all.

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Horrible game so far.

The fans in the stands are getting tired of this.

15. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    If Iturbe keeps on being a headless chicken, Paraguay can have him. We need team players, not individualists. Its not fair to play this badly with a team with this much talent.

16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vietto goal. :) Lucky deflection.

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gol Vietto. 1-0 Argentina.

18. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    GOOOLLLL!!! Que golazo!

19. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd have chosen Cartabia over him. Cartabia showed more his substitute appearance. And now Centurion presents Iturbe with a gift and he blazes over. Useless.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nearly scored again... Iturbe.... BAD MISS.

21. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sub him ASAP.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. Game has finally opened up. Teams are just going to defend, and we can't do anything but when we are up, we play better.

23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Benitez making an early effort to be in Comedy Football 2013.....

24. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lucky escape. Dominguez with a terrible miss. We look very weak under the aerial ball.

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Paraguay should've just scored, bad defending.