Sub-21 Juegos Centroamericanos 2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Mar 6, 2012.

1. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    • Guatemala, 03 de marzo del 2012. El proceso de Pre Selección Sub 20 de Guatemala, continuará con la siguiente fase de trabajos con microciclos de entrenamientos en las instalaciones del Proyecto Goal.
    El Director Técnico de Selección Sub 20, Gustavo Bobadilla ha convocado para la siguiente semana a 44 jugadores que deberán presentarse a las prácticas el lunes 05 de marzo a las 15:30 hrs. El microciclo de entrenamientos tiene programado trabajos del lunes 05 al miércoles 07 del mes en curso. La convocatoria son:
    http://fedefutguate.org/index.php?news=1546

2. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    So of 44 players, 4 (9%) have played in the national league (José Pinto, Junior Andrade, Renato Sequén, Albert Barrientos) and none of them do it regularly (it would be nice to have stats for everyone).

3. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I could swear Almeida did this the first time around too. Picking a big number of kids and then weeding out the ones that "dont fit"

Maybe they're calling on kids that they can mold in to fast, technical players. Which would be AWESOME!

4. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Well, we should be producing fast, technical players that are about ready for professional play at about 16 or 17. At 20 you can only develop so much, and the fact that most U-20s get scarce action in the league is not going to help, as been stressed to no end.

What are current rules on minimum playing time for young players in the league? :confused:

5. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Agree with u Cha, if these kids aint getting minutes on the league, and spend most of the time on the bench, than by the time they play internationally, they'll be nervous and making all sort of mistakes. But from what i know all these kids that play on their teams on the league should be playing 400 minutes on their teams. You guys saw that they called that kid Lam. He's pretty good. I think soon Almeida will go out with Bobadilla to get players abroad that could play for our U20.

6. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    400 minutes is nothing in 6 months of professional play. Sad stuff.

I especially feel bad for Albert Barrientos, potential rotting on the bench, when his team could use him given the beyond poor performance of its "star" strikers. And what makes me want to hit a wall, is that while these kids rot on the bench, a team like Mitclan (they said on the radio) were looking to sign 44-year old Camaron Arriaza...:eek: is this real life?

7. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Very sad Arriaza, why would they even waste their money on someone that old, are they that desperate. I feel ur pain Cha :cool:

8. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    What I forgot to say is, Arriaza indicated that he was planning to retire this year anyway (had been playing in Liga de Ascenso with Puerto de San Jose) so he would decline to play - good for him I guess.

9. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Im glad he got some pride, why not give a chance to one of the kids from their canteras digo yo.

10. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I don't think Mictlán even have a especial. I do hope they go straight back down to lower divisions and never come back.

11. lazulyblanco

lazulyblanco Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Mucho talento en todas las lineas. He visto jugar a la mayoria, y me alegra que el equipo sea balanceado. Comenzando por un arqueraso como Padilla, y tambien mucho ojo con Albert, Lam, Ucros, Vargas y Woztque. Me sorprende no ver a Alexis de Xela (el que estuvo en el campanento del Barca) por mucho de los mejores delanteros que vienen. Estaria bien ver al tal Pedro asturias y Ludwing Vargas que juegan en los Estados. Pinta bien otra vez la sub.20 ojala la sepan manejar.

edcalvi repped this.
  12. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i agree, well i've seen Lam and Woztque played and they're really good, finally we have a good U20 like the one Kenton used to have. We need for them to get alot of friendlies, that will prepare them more.

13. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Friendly today vs Deportivo Coatepeque at the Israel Barrios, 14:00 (16:00 EDT)

14. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Wow! That was quick. You think it'll be televised?

15. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I think it was more work on the part of the Municipalidad and 'el Depor' since it's the Feria de Verano and I believe also they will be inaugurating a new section of the stadium. Big day over there!

http://www.municoatepeque.gob.gt/2012/03/coatepeque-vrs-sub-20-seleccion-nacional/ says "se va contar con directivos de la Federación Nacional para verificar la cantidad de aficionados y poder autorizar el partido de la Selección Mayor entre Guatemala vrs Paraguay asiste aficionado ya que con tu presencia se puede tener a la Selección en nuestra ciudad."

If there is any TV broadcast of the match it will probably be through Cable DX (http://www.ustream.tv/user/cabledx). I messaged them to confirm... stay tuned.

16. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  17. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Partial: 61' Deportivo 2-0 Sele U-20

People tweeting that the stadium hadn't seen such a large crowd at the stadium since its inauguration. Good.

Edit: Deportivo 3-0 Sele U-20. FT and I still can't find the squad that played except I know Padilla was the GK.

18. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  19. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Our road will start tonight lads:

La triangular II de la Eliminatoria Sub-20 de UNCAF iniciara este miercoles 25 de julio en el Estadio Israel Barrios, que se encuentra an la ciudad de Coatepeque a 216 km. de la ciudad de Guatemala. Las selecciones de El Salvador, Panama y el anfitrion Guatemala buscaran los dos primeros lugares para poder clasificarse al Premundial de CONCACAF que se jugara en Puebla, Mexico el proximo año.

GUATEMALA VS EL SALVADOR
    you guys can stream it u know where ;)

edcalvi repped this.
  20. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Can I get a stream link

21. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I'm excited, but confused. If we were one of the teams who made it to to the U-20 WC, why are we fighing for a spot to make it to the qualifiers? All other teams who qualify to WC's have an automatic spot in the final group. Why are we starting from the bottom?

22. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Since when has that been the case? The only teams with a spot in the final stage are the North American teams because CONCACAF is it what it is.

What is worse is that even though the Caribbean teams have been doing worse then the Central American teams in the final group stage the Caribbean teams get 5 representatives and Central America gets 4. They should let our 5th team play against the Caribbeans 5th for the final spot

23. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Goool de Guatemala 1-0 El Salvador, parcial.

24. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Vos Popol a k horas empezaron a jugar vos, yo pense k iban a jugar en la noche

25. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Guatemala 1-0 El Salvador

FINAL.