U15-U17-U20-YNT

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Tikal 2012

Tikal 2012 New Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    How's it going people's, well I'm predicting a win for Sunday, very optimistic ,lol
    The team needs to put in more work butt i like the way they are playing ,
    Different, more ball control, come out as a unit , y no mucho pelota-so lol

2. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Watch the tape again, Yanez wins almost every ball. He's great in the air and nothing was getting past him. Nacional of Uruguay wanted him so he has to be doing something right.

3. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    A win vs Mexico? Not impossible, but this is CONCACAF, we'll be playing against the refs too.

4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Goldenone u know the kid that came out that defender, he played good as soon as he went out for a muscle strain, our def. went down.

5. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    That defender kid was really good reminded me of Enoc. Best player on the backline. Samayoa looked good in the mid, plays like Pappa but with a much better defensive game, still needs to work on his offense though but overall the best player out there.

I will agree with Guti that this squad of players is being coached well. And if they had been coached longer they would be playing MUCH better. But whos the coach who did the good work? Memin or the one who quit bc of health issues? The team lacks more time with the coaching staff to work out the kinks and confidence. With this two things this team wouldve beaten the US no problem yesterday.

6. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    No hablen muladas muchá. We'll be lucky if they don't put 6 past us. End of participation and return home, normal.

edcalvi repped this.
  7. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    1-0 at the 30min mark 5 more goals to go LOL

8. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well i guess this young lads shut some mouths, Give memin the u20.. so we can start having a process!!

9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Good squad, obviously not great otherwise they'd have booked a ticket. Samayoa is a HELL of a player, and Ortiz could have done more if there was some more help in he attack.

One thing that is DESPERATELY NEEDED is confidence. And to gain confidence you need to be able to string some W's together.

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Needed a clinical striker.. very unfortunate to not have joined us in UAE.

11. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Thanks man. Yeah, the kids played their hearts out. This sport can be cruel sometimes, the poor guys are absolutely gutted right now.

Congrats on making it to Qatar, hope your little cousin balls out over there. I kinda thought it would play out like this before the tournament started.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea. I saw the after game celebrations for Honduras, and that knee walk all the way to the center of the field started by Kevin Alvarez followed by the rest of the team, all holding each other and making the long trek on their knees together to the center field circle summed it up for my cousin and the rest of this U-17 team. A combatant side that never gave-up and really grew with each other as the game wore on. These U-17 kids are special man.

Guatemala the same, I felt absolutely bad for Guatemala. Its one of those, you could touch it but not hold it kind of feelings. So close to equalizing, but the ball just wouldn't enter the goal. As if god himself was denying it or some other force. I hope these kids can continue to grow and develop. I know for a fact that kid Samayoa needs to leave Guatemala to continue development ASAP! He's going to be a special player. Its sad Guatemalan teams don't have the liberty we do in Honduras where these kids will just return to Honduras and play La Liga de Reservas or play for the 2nd division or 3rd division sides in La Clausura.

I hope these kids don't go to waste! btw whose the coach? he looks like a boss, he was very impressive on the sideline today. pitched and planned a nearly perfect game.

13. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    The point blank miss in the 70 something minute was symbolic of Guate's place in soccer and that barrier that we just can't get over. The rebound falls right to the kid, no goalie, he still shoots it wide. It is the mental aspect that some players still need to develop, the coaches and team leaders have to pull them up. Or like you said, they can go abroad to develop.

The coach is Memin Funes who was a great player in the 90's. He was one of the best players on the national team in his era and he's off to a decent start.

14. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Agree with everyone, this team needs to be without a doubt our U20. with some new additions of course. Catracho congrats bro, Honduras played with heart and skill, those kids will be heading to Europe i'm sure. But like Catracho said we lack of a goal scorer on the team, Ortiz gets lost at times, he just waits for the ball to get to him. But hope they call alot of young players against Argentina, I know we'll get our butts kick but let's give the young players a chance it's time for a RENEWAL.

15. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    2015 CONCACAF UNDER-20 CHAMPIONSHIPKingston and Montego Bay, Jamaica
    January 9-24, 2015

GROUP A
    Jamaica
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Aruba
    Panama
    USA
    Guatemala

GROUP B
    Haiti
    Canada
    Mexico
    Cuba
    Honduras
    El Salvador

16. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Tough group.

17. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I guess both are tough

18. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    There's no such thing as an easy group anymore since most of the U-20 teams in C.A have made it to a WC in the past few years. It'll really be about who's better coached and can put it together on the field.

19. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Sub20 lost both warm up games against Mexico. 3-0 Fri and 5-0 Sunday.

Need some W's leading into the qualifiers otherwise it'll be a quick 2 and ou as usual.

20. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  21. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    http://www.prensalibre.com/deportes/futbol_nacional/Espana-Sub20-Raul_Fernandez_0_1254474727.html

What do you guys think of Raul Fernandez being our goalie?

Convocatoria

1. Raúl Fernández Estadio C.F (España)

2. Juan Carlos Vega Antigua

3. Kevin Josué Grijalva Comunicaciones

4. Luis Enrique de León Comunicaciones

5. Julio Iván Ortiz Roca Comunicaciones

6. Christopher Ortiz Roca Comunicaciones

7. Stheven Adán Robles Comunicaciones

8. Diego Álvarez Comunicaciones

9. Andrés Ruiz Dallas

10. Diego Andrés Álvarez Escobar Achik´

11. Dani López Guastatoya

12. Benedicto de Jesús Aldana Martínez Heredia

13. Julio Ochoa Malacateco

14. Carlos Salvador Estrada Malacateco

15. Jorge Salazar Mictlán

16. Diego Alejandro Palma Molina Mictlán

17. Cristian Alexander Jiménez Municipal

18. Mauro Ronaldo Portillo Municipal

19. Nicholas George Hagen Municipal

20. Mario Raúl Hernández P. Municipal

21. José Aguilar Municipal

22. Hans Fernando Herrera Polochic

23. Mauricio Maltéz Suchitepéquez

24. Juan Carlos Hernández Xelajú

22. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Club appears to be a more of a soccer academy, but hey if he got called up they must have seen something they liked.

23. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Guate 1 - Nica 0 at 40'

Guat has had 6 clear shots, 1 hit the crossbar 3 have been saved by the goalie.

2 penales en the span of 3 minutes. Goalie stopped the 2nd one.

24. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Panama 2 - Guate 0 at the half.

25. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club: