Storm roster

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by StingStorm, Jul 27, 2005.

1. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Anyone hear if any of the players from last year's storm roster will not be back? Klopas will make they needed changes to improve , so that means some guys will go and I wonder who they will be.

2. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if Andy Guastaferro will be back this season. I had heard that he was going to grad school in PA.

3. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I'll see what I can find out about Decu.

4. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    That would be a shame if Andy did not return , he had some injury problem last year . When he was healthy , he really knew the indoor game , his futsal experience really helped him in tat part of the game. He scored alot of goals playing the ball off the boards.

5. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Lisa. I notice you have the Tampa bay Rowdies in your signature. Are they the same Rowdies from the N.A.S.L. days? They had some very fine players back in the 80s like Steve and Roy Wegerle , Kevin Keelan who they got from the old New England Tea Men , Oscar Fabiani , just to name a few. The Sting and Rowdies played some great games against eachother indoors and outdoors.

6. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Is Denny Clanton playing outdoors this summer? Chris Carrieri left the Storm because he supposedly wanted to play outdoors long before outdoor soccer season started. I dont see him playing anywhere in the MLS or the A league. Anyone know where he is playing? Last I heard he was with the Rapids , but he is no longer there.

7. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Chris plays for Richmond.

8. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Plus, I think he's dating Lorrie Fair, and that alone was enough reason for me to go to games. When she was in town, of course.

9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Lazo will be back. He's playing for Charleston Battery during the summer.

10. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    The ironic thing about that is that the Battery has black and yellow colors like the storm. Ted Chronopoulos is with them too.

11. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lazo has been great this year and has been the catalyst for quite a few of our goals. He even stepped into our back line when we were suffering a few knocks.

Teddy has been his consistant self but has had a slight injury the last couple matches.

Charleston is battleing for a playoff spot and are currently tied for teh lsat spot with nine matches remaining, six which are at home. Tonight is against first place Montreal and is webcasted live via teh battery at www.charlestonbattery.com kickoff is @ 7:30 and pregame starts about 15 min before that if you want to listen in and see how they are fairing.

Come on Charleston!!

mikey

12. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Hey Mikey , how's it going? :azo did the very same thing for the Storm last winter , he went back to play defense when we had injuries and suspensions to our defense . Sorry to hear Ted has had some injry problems , he was fighting the injury bug with us too. When healthy , he is a very good and smart player. He was starting to get a scoring touch toward the end of the Storm's season. Good luck to the Battery. Keep us posted on Lazo and Ted.

13. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Yes, one and the same Rowdies teams. I actually used to live in Hammond for a while, and would go to Rowdies/Sting games in Chicago. LOVED them!!!!! Have wonderful memories of the 81 team.

14. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Lived in Hammond myself. Still a nice town.

15. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    i heard that Ugy may not be coming back. would be a shame.

16. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Big shame! where did you hear this?

17. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    What are the reasons why he would be leaving? We lost our other post up player late in the year last year ( Byron Alvarez ). There is talk that he will come back next year , but losing Ughy would be a shame.

18. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought you might be interested in this article in the local paper about Lazo today,

http://www.charleston.net/stories/?newsID=35381&section=sports

big match against Virgina Beach tonight for us a win is vital if we want to stay in the playoff hunt.

kick of is 6pm EST and the match can be heard on www.charlestonbattery.com

19. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Thank you for posting the Lazo article!

20. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You have to register to the paper to read it. What does it say? DC United played the Fire Sat. night in Chicago and at Soldier Field I asked some of the United fans what they thought of Lazo when he played for them and I got mixed answers however I still feel he should be in the MLS in the right system.

21. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    try using www.bugmenot.com and put the web address in there.

To summerize, Lazo talks about how klopas and the storm made him fall in love with soccer again. He said he love playing out doors again and has no ambition to play in MLS again and loves playing in for the Battery and wants to come back next year if they will have him.

22. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I enjoyed reading the article. I've known Lazo for many years. I've seen him play in high school, college and pro like many of his fans from Northwest Indiana. I'm glad he has found a home in Charleston as well as the Chicago Storm during the winter. I know how nice living in South Carolina can be, I went to college down there and still often go back to visit. I would love to make it for a Battery game some day when I visit.

23. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    This could very interesting. If the Force folds , we will be having another dispersial draft. I wonder if the Storm would take John Ball if he was there when we picked. Ball is a guy you hate when he plays against you , but you would like if he is on your team. Yes he has running feuds with the Pernia's and Klopas , but dont every say never. I never thought Jim McMahon , Steve McMichael , or Mike Tomzack would ever play for the Packers or Edgar Bennett would ever play for the bears either. Something to keep an eye on.

24. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    The Chicago Sun Times has reported that all options have been picked up on the players from last year , but the Pernia's have negotioated long term contracts. What a great move getting Lofton from the Wave , they have been a winning team for 20 years and it is great to have some know how from that franchise. Many long term things have been done for the Storm lately including a new carpet , where is all that talk of the team folding now??????????????? Have not heard that junk in over 2 months.

25. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    I forgot to include the fact that the Storm now has a liquor license , lot of good things going on. This alone is going to put many more people in the stands. Face it , sports fans like to enjoy a few beers at games.