Statement on the Changes

Discussion in 'New York City FC' started by QueensNick, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY

Don't hold your breath.

2. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Really good article on the total football blog detailing the timeline going all the way back to the Sela buyout to through the current situation. The key points pertain to the situation with the BW Gottschee academy and how the situation broke down during the buyout bid.

http://totalfootblog.com/2011/11/08...gottschee-lawsuit-a-bad-start-for-sela-sport/

Here's an exert from the article dealing with some of the specifics on the academy:

From here there are points about possible player defections from the club and speculation as to why Sela has not only frozen payments to the club, which they could make easily, but also did not have a replacement for the Cosmos management team when they took over. It also highlights the good news which is that first Sela would not have paid to take over the club if they were abandoning an MLS bid, and second they have sent reps to meet with DG. It also point out that the position that Terry Bryne holds at the moment is only an interim one so at the moment he is the closest thing to leadership that the organization has but his position is tentative. This is probably the best article that I've seen so far on the current situation.

3. evan eleven

evan eleven Member

Jun 4, 2009
    California
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    does anybody know if the Cosmos 2012 PDL team is still happening???

4. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great question

Answer - NO we dont know - but fantastic question

5. IAMAMNOTPELE

IAMAMNOTPELE Member

Nov 5, 2011
    From what I am hearing, the Academy is still planned (assuming payment is made), but that it is unlikely the U23's will continue

Though I dont have anythng concrete as yet - just heard from someone I know connected to the team

6. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didnt hear that on the PDL - interesting - thanks for that.

I am in contact with Gottschee and they have not heard anything yet but I have also heard the Academy is going to continue and they said they will make payment.

It will really suck if they dont - it will put a burden on things. If they dont plan on doing the academy they need to come out right away and settle and stop leaving the kids hanging. Thats the worst part - empty promises. Hopefully the new owners sort that portion out.