Starting XI Predictions for 2014 World Cup!

Discussion in 'Japan' started by JMontero, Jan 18, 2012.

1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Infact I'm pretty sure that Pirlo and probably Di Natale will miss WC2014... Puyol is a defender so he doesn't count.
    Endo is CDM, at 34 he will be too old for his job. I really hope Hosogai will improve in the Bundesliga and become our starter in the midfield.

2. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    teioh To be fair, Endo will be 6 months of being 34. Not THAT old. But who's to say 34 is old enough for a job? Who knows. Time will tell. It's not like players who turn 34 suck every single time.

Personally, I like watching Endo and since this will definitely be his last major tournament, I hope he gets the starting XI. He's been a great team asset for years on the team that I hope his last hurrah would be treated with such honor.

Whispered11 repped this.
  3. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Endo should play as long as he is one of our top 2 CM's. Because Hosogai is already there to pick it up when the day comes Endo is finished for the JNT, even if it requires a minor change to Japan's play the overall quality of the team won't be hugely changed cause Hosogai will make up for the losses in other areas which we already know about . I don't worry about this position for 2014.

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Hosogai is NOT Endo's replacement.

5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You misinterpret me I think. I don't think they are the same type of player. But merely the same position. And i'm okay with the JNT's attack being mildly different (with 2 more direct CM's), cause to expect another "Endo" to slot straight in is mildly ridiculous and among the talent we have we don't have another "Endo" ready to step in.

6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    In the end it comes down to a spot in the starting eleven and Hosogai can't be the man to replace Endo, that would be like Gattuso replacing Pirlo. Find someone else.

7. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's Hasebe replacement.

8. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Buuuut, you can play with two Gattuso and no one Pirlo you know? Simply changing a bit the midfield schemes and all will works fine.
    However I'm pretty sure Endo can be a bencher for the WC2014, or a starter if we will be in hard times.

9. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sure it is called

4-2-3-1 system a system Japan is basically using they did play together Hosogai and Endo...

And Since Honda and Kagawa are the playmaker style players there is no problem with it

10. John Taylor

John Taylor New Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is too early to predict Japanese NT in World Cup 2014 because we don't know whether Japanese team will qualify or not.

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    haha, nice one

back on topic, I'm curious to see if Okazaki will still be the starter on that wing at the 2014 WC... I suspect no, but let's see. He's better in the JNT than in his club...

12. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I repeat myself: IF Miyaichi will be NOT a starter in WC2014 it will mean that his 2 seasons (2012-2014) in Premier League have been a disaster.. And I really hope NOT.

So, I'm for a starter spot for Ryo in the WC2014 for sure.

13. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I personally think it will mean Usami, Kiyotake and others have went on to fullfill their potential.

And I do think their potential is bigger than Miyaichi's

Dax repped this.
  14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Same here. If I'd have to pick a name, but it's more of a hope, it's Usami. Miyaichi can have his good season, doesn't mean that he will surpass them. Let's see how things are in 2014...

15. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Well, more competition, better for the JNT.

16. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Let's see if we'll find some central backs.
    That's my concern.
    If Ibusuki, Kanazono, Havenaar and Lee keep developing, we'll find someone good as central forward.

17. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
  18. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I made this two years ago and it's probably best changing. Bold stands for the almost-sure ones.

1 Eiji Kawashima (GK, age 31)
    2 Gotoku Sakai (SB, age 23)

3 Masato Morishige (CB, age 27)
    4 Keisuke Honda (OMF, age 27)
    5 Yuto Nagatomo (SB, age 27)
    6 Atsuto Uchida (SB, age 26)
    7 Yasuhito Endo (CM, age 34)
    8 Hiroshi Kiyotake (OMF, age 24)
    9 Shinji Okazaki (RMF/CF, age 28)
    10 Shinji Kagawa (OMF, age 25)
    11 Yoichiro Kakitani (SS/CF, age 24)
    12 Shusaku Nishikawa (GK, age 27)

13 Hajime Hosogai (DMF, age 28)/Toshihiro Aoyama (CMF, age 28)
    14 Manabu Saito (LMF/SS, age 24)
    15 Yasuyuki Konno (CB, age 31)
    16 Hotaru Yamaguchi (CMF/OMF, age 24)
    17 Makoto Hasebe (DM/CM, age 30)
    18 Yuya Osako (CF, age 24)

19 CB?
    20 Yojiro Takahagi (OMF, age 27)/Hiroki Yamada (OMF, age 25)/Takashi Usami (SS/OMF, age 23)
    21 Hiroki Sakai (RB, age 24)
    22 Maya Yoshida (CB, age 25)
    23 Shuichi Gonda (GK, age 25)

Still a CB missing and Toyoda should be the 24th man.

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Zac sees Okazaki as third optional striker. I'm not sure if he's going to bring a third, I don't think so.
    Take off Takahagi, anyway. =p

20. Esperanca

Esperanca New Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    its probably going be Takahashi from FC Tokyo wearing the number 20 jersey in the World Cup or maybe Havenaar

21. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Lol what have Usami done yet? I know he has potential but he still has not proved anything yet.
    I don't watch much of FC Tokyo, how is Takahashi like? Is he like Hosogai who provides defensive steel in midfield?

22. Esperanca

Esperanca New Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    I believe he's more of Endo type. Although he is a defensive type of player, he is not really the aggressive type like Hosogai. I believe his best ability is that he plays smart.

23. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Yamaguchi, Hosogai or Aoyama, which one do you think is the best out of the 3? And how do you feel about other Defensive Midfielders like Gaku Shibasaki and Takahiro Ogihara?

24. Esperanca

Esperanca New Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Definitely Yamaguchi. He suits well in the current Japanese National Team in my opinion.
    Shibasaki has been playing terrible this season and I don't think he is going to be listed in the final roster and neither would Ogihara.

25. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    What do you think about Ogihara's potential? He is actually very important for Cerezo this year from what I have seen.