Stars on the Crest

Discussion in 'Pachuca' started by AdamSoucie, Jan 28, 2009.

1. AdamSoucie

AdamSoucie New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm curious as to what everyone things about the stars on Pachuca's crest, specifically the 4 gold stars on the bottom. As far as I know, 3 represent the CONCACAF titles. The remaining star represents (I'm assuming) the Copa Sudamericana title.

Should that title be represented by a star? Does it deserve a different color the way it used to be? Does it deserve a special star all of its own? As far as I know there isn't really a standard in Mexico, plus this situation is unique to the entire world.

Perhaps the crest itself should be redesigned to incorporate the star (ala Aston Villa)? What do you think?

2. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I would like the Sudamericana star to have a more prominent role in the club crest, after all it's the clubs most important title, but I suppose the clubs administrators would like to place the same value on all of the international championships won.

3. austinwetherby

austinwetherby New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well we have 5 blue stars for league wins, and 4 gold stars for international wins, i guess u cant get better than that

4. AdamSoucie

AdamSoucie New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While Sudamericana is a big deal, I still say CONCACAF titles are more important because it is the federation Pachuca plays in. I'm not downplaying it at all, but if Boca Juniors came and mopped the floor with everyone in the CCL, I don't think they'd find it more important or even of equal importance to winning the Copa Liberatadores. There's something special about being the big dog of your region, despite how little respect it may get.

The FMF and MLS are much, much better leagues than most of the world realizes, MLS especially. Just because we're 40ish years behind in being world powers compared to Italy, England, Germany, Brazil, etc...doesn't mean our club teams are complete rubbish. We'll get there eventually. CONCACAF is rising faster than Europe realizes.

5. austinwetherby

austinwetherby New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think the suda americana is better than 5 concacaf titles, cause it shows we are dominant everywhere.

6. zava55

zava55 New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    It should be Blue for league wins, Gold for international wins.

CopaSudamerica should also be Gold but should have have a special image embedded in it that says "Sudamerica" (like the Germans have the year in each of their World Cup stars) to distinguish it and other future titles from being outside of CONCACAF. There should only be a different color star if it is the FIFA Club World Cup championship.

But if CopaSudamerica gets a star, should SuperLiga get one also, even if it is a small one? Superliga is a subchampionship because CONCACAF Champions League is more important. If you look at it like this, Copa Libertadores is more important than Copa Sudamerica (although the champions of both play each other in the Recopa).

7. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Normal gold stars for league titles. Bigger, brighter gold stars for CCL. Unique star (maybe with an S in it) for Southamerican Cup.

IF they win the CWC, they gotta think of something that is cooler than just a star. Something pretty phat and off tha hook. Maybe have the year that they won it permanently on the jersey, in glittering platinum or somethin'.