Standing Tickets in Sudtribune (HELP!)

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by LondonPSGfan, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Rovers the

Rovers the New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Hi, wondering if anyone can help. Heading over to Dortmund at the time of the Nurnberg game on 01/03. Tried to get tickets via official site when they went on sale but missed out and the club couldn't help when we emailed them. There are tickets available on viagogo etc but obviously include big admin charges etc. I've seen on here that tickets are sometimes avail from touts on day of game (and that it's legal) but wondered it anyone had experience of this and what are the chances of actually getting a ticket? Any help / advice would be much appreciated. Ps would need 4 tickets. Thanks

2. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    Chances on the day are good. Even of getting four - but be there when people first start to mill around outside.

3. Rovers the

Rovers the New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Ok, thanks for your help

4. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Was hoping to get some advice on tickets for the Schalke game (March 25th). I have a few options via Viagogo, but am unsure how the seating works. Most of the tickets just denote a section but not a seat or row?

I emailed BVB back in January, but never heard anything back from them.

Any suggestions on good areas to sit? Most of the seats that are still a "decent" price are in 66, 67, and 68.

5. Rovers the

Rovers the New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I'm there this weekend, ended up with tickets from Viagogo in block 76 - for them so we are guaranteed tickets then will see if can swap on to sudtribune via touts outside ground. We just bought 4 tickets on Viagogo, but didn't get any specific seat info until we got the tickets.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  6. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tickets haven't been shipped yet, so Most of the sellers will update Info with row, seats when they've arrived (probably within next week)

Liquid1010 repped this.
  7. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't forget: If you buy for the game against Schalke, don't choose the Nordtribüne, Nordost, Nordwest. They will be full of S04 fans. Try buying for the Süd, Ost, West.
    Upper tier blocks in Ost and West should be less expensive on Viagogo than the rest, but you'll still have a great view.

8. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    How do schalke fans get tickets for anywhere outside the guest block in the nord?

9. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ebay, Viagogo, "friends" who are BVB members. There are always ways to get them...

10. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    Isnt it really hard to even get tickets fr this mtch? So how do people buy them and then sell them online? They must be bvb members...

11. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For people in Germany, it's not THAT hard. Until a couple of seasons ago, there was even a free sale of tickets, so lots of Schalke members could call the BVB hotline and order. This time, it's BVB members only, but along with lots of fans, there are lots of touts who buy them simply for selling them. Buy them for 35 €, sell them for 200€. It sucks, but it happens.

I myself often buy tickets from other clubs when they play vs BVB. It's not comparable to England where everything apart from the guest sector is home sector. German clubs always have a "neutral" section.

12. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    I am familiar with the procedure in germany but for this match i just thought it wouldnt happen..i dont know why. It should happen more given how close the towns are. When i make it i am in the südtribüne so im not familiar with the other stands.

13. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Finally bit the bullet and bought some tickets on Viagogo today for the match against Schalke. I'm sitting in section 54, but unfortunately don't know the row numbers.

Seem like decent tickets (thoughts)?

14. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Hello! Sorry to revive an old thread (I'm happy to make a new one if it is deemed appropriate), but with the 2014/15 schedule just released I'm very very keen to book some tickets asap. I'll be wondering around Germany for 10 weeks, between mid-Nov until the end of January.

I am wondering, when do tickets go on sale? I have read through this thread and from it extracted a few useful links.

This place already has tickets, but from what I gather they are dodgy... http://www.viagogo.com/Sports-Ticke...Bundesliga/Borussia-Dortmund-Tickets/E-669017

I think this may be the best site: http://www.eventimsports.de/cms/ticket-shops/fussball/#c128

Above all else, I want to get myself in Signal Iduna Park, however I hope to watch some games in a few other cities as well (Berlin, Munich, Dresden +/- Frankfurt)

I know this seems a little over eager, but I don't want to touch down in Germany with the express purpose of watching football and visiting markets, only to miss out on the former.

Thoughts, answers &c. are very much appreciated. Thanks :)

15. seana_

seana_ New Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hi all, sorry for hijacking this thread, but I really need help. Can anyone tell me what's the best match to experience the Dortmund displays/atmosphere? I'm planning on going over February/March/April. Any help is appreciated :thumbsup:

16. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    From what I gather, every game there is epic, atmosphere wise. But in particular;

- Champions league games
    - Reveirderby / Ruhr Derby (games against Schalke)

17. tryonthis

tryonthis New Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    |Hi all,

I'm new to these forums so forgive me for asking a possible silly question.

I'll be in Germany (specifically Dortmund) in early-to-mid September and I would love to get the chance to see Dortmund vs. Freiburg on 13/09/2014. How do I go about getting a ticket? I emailed the club a little over a week ago but didn't receive a reply. Is this match likely to sell out? There is always the option to buy a ticket from a website like Viagogo but I'd feel a lot more comfortable purchasing directly through the club.

Again, any help pointing me in the right direction would be gladly appreciated!

18. seana_

seana_ New Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you cortisoljunkie for the reply.
    Just thinking would Dortmund V Schalke in the sudtribune section be dangerous? I know the fans go crazy and I've heard a lot about the violence at those matches.

19. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #169 cortisoljunkie, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    Haha, no no no, I'm sure these guys and girls all look after each other. Unless you show up in Schalke colours - but, the security surely won't let you anywhere near the Dortmund 'active' area like the yellow wall. This might be worth watching:

I don't think it is possible to get tickets for that stand. I'm near certain that all the tickets are 'season long' for members. Although, occasionally a member will give up their season ticket seat for a particular game (sell to Viagogo or Ebay.de) - but nobody is going to miss the games against Schalke :p

I'm certain any Dortmund game would be awesome. Take what you can get!

This is where to be once the tickets go up: https://www.eventimsports.de/shop/20/home - this is Dortmund's official ticket shop online (as you can see, only the supercup tickets are up ...and they're all sold out).

I haven't been able to find out when the games tickets will be going up (I too sent an email), but someone mentioned about 4 weeks before each game. If were you, go on every day at 9am (German time) and have a look ;)

There will only be a fistful left for each game I reckon, with most seats grabbed as season tickets. If nothing is there, Ebay.de and viagogo is your best bet as I mentioned before because some season ticket holders may not be that keen on a particular game because....dinner with the inlaws or whatever. Good luck :)

20. Leadcomic

Leadcomic Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Long Island
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #170 Leadcomic, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    Generally speaking it isn't that hard to get tickets for BVB games but the games for Schalke is the one case it's pretty hard to get tickets. And even more so, getting a ticket in the sudtribune for a Schalke game I would say is close to impossible. You can try but I'd say you're better off trying to get a ticket for another match.

I'd suggest maybe the Koln game as their away fans are pretty loud/crazy themselves. Frankfurt have good away fans too. http://www.bvb.de/Spiele/Spieltermine

21. JJJG

JJJG New Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Hi everyone!

I know it is a bit late to ask this kind of a question but still.

We bought 5 tickets to Dortmund vs Bayern game on 13th og august. We actually wanted to buy 3 but there was a mistake by the bank and by the reseller, but they are not willing to buy back those tickets we actually did not want.
    Is it reasonable to go and try to sell those tickets before the game? Or is there somewhere a forum where people are actually looking for tickets? I understand german as well, but i thought it would be more reasonable to start from here.
    Ticket information- ost Tribune block 53 reiche 24 plätze 47, 48
    I think the price for one ticket would be 139.00 euros, because it is the same price that ressellers take and I just would like to get even. Is this price even considerable?
    Do not have any previous experience with football tickets in Germany, but is this normal that ticket selling companies are not selling tickets with the price that is actually on the ticket?

Cheers/Danke !

22. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    This will probably give some indication: 4 hours and 3 minutes ago (as I type this), what was left of the tickets for the Freiburg match went on sale to the public. The very last of them (1 ticket, north stand, block 78) was just sold. The game is sold already.

..the moment tickets for the wolfsburg game go on sale, I'm going to be jamming my computers refresh button like a mentally ill person.

Ticket sale dates/times are updated here: http://www.bvb.de/Tickets/Vorverkauf (had to email BVB for this link..)

23. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But you can be sure that there will be some tickets sold in a couple of weeks (usually 1 week before the game) again. I know it says sold out, but that's normal. I got my Leverkusen tickets one week ago, although the game was "sold out" 3 weeks ago. Problem is: It's more likely that those tickets go on sale via the ticket hotline and not via internet.

Btw - For games against less interesting teams (always judged from a BVB fan perspective) like Wolfsburg, I would advise you to send an Email to BVB, explaining that you are from country XY far far far away from Germany and that you will travel to Germany but don't know how to acquire tickets and would it be possible to order 2-4 tickets via Email. I know from people that this is sometimes successful, but choose games where fan interest isn't that high. Wolfsburg is a good game because they rarely bring many supporters, so lots of tickets will be sold to BVB fans.

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  24. tryonthis

tryonthis New Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Thanks for the advice. I've been trying to buy 1x ticket to the Freiburg match but it appears to be sold out :( What is the email address I should send an email to regarding tickets? I am travelling from Australia!

25. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #175 cortisoljunkie, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    *high-five* Aussies represent!

This is the email I contacted them with the get the ticket info: kundenservice-bvb@eventim.de

A point I feel I should make though is that I initially sent my question to them in English, and received no reply. However, about a week later I sent more or less the same message painstakingly translated into German and received a reply within a few hours...

Cheers! :inlove: Once the ticket dates for the Wolsburg game are announced (early November, I imagine), I'll shoot them an email along these lines and hope for the best, if that fails I'll fight for the online tickets. And failing that, I'll call the ticket hotline and hit them with my best (bloody aweful) German lingo. Otherwise, I could always go watch M'gladbach or Frankfurt because they have home games that same weekend (Dec 16/17). Thanks again for the reply :)